Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Digging the new HARLEY&BOP look for Cassandra. Hope it sticks and she gets a new code name.

Attachment 96757
    I kinda love it because it looks like a female Nightwing. We need more Cass and Dick interaction. They are closest heirs to the Bat. But replace the hairstyle. It would look a lot better with longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really find it wired how Outsiders and DCeased-Unkillables now try to portrait Shiva as "Loving Mom" for Cass, that seems totally OOC for Shiva.
    I'm not reading either but I've always saw Shiva as "loving" Cass in the only way she is emotionally capable of...which isn't necessarily good, but it's who she is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not reading either but I've always saw Shiva as "loving" Cass in the only way she is emotionally capable of...which isn't necessarily good, but it's who she is.
    It’s an attempt to find whatever the sweet spot is with the two most interesting sides of Shiva’s character - the seemingly sociopathic killer and destroyer, and the sometimes anti-heroic but weirdly almost nurturing teacher and trainer. When you add in stuff like her reportedly having her own death wish and the frankly mixed messages she was sending in Cass’s first book, I think people mostly want to have fun creating the kind of non-traditional evil mother figure that would fit Shiva’s other elements.

I’d love to see a Young Justice (cartoon) comic tackling the weird dissonance between Shiva seeming to be an actually empathetic mentor and senseI while also being the Light’s Enforcer and Cass’s mother.

Again, I’m very happy to just have Cass making an appearance onscreen even for just one episode; and since it’s Greg Weismann, he’s pretty much guaranteed to have some paragraphs dedicated to what her story is even if it never makes an appearance on screen.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It’s an attempt to find whatever the sweet spot is with the two most interesting sides of Shiva’s character - the seemingly sociopathic killer and destroyer, and the sometimes anti-heroic but weirdly almost nurturing teacher and trainer. When you add in stuff like her reportedly having her own death wish and the frankly mixed messages she was sending in Cass’s first book, I think people mostly want to have fun creating the kind of non-traditional evil mother figure that would fit Shiva’s other elements.

I’d love to see a Young Justice (cartoon) comic tackling the weird dissonance between Shiva seeming to be an actually empathetic mentor and senseI while also being the Light’s Enforcer and Cass’s mother.

Again, I’m very happy to just have Cass making an appearance onscreen even for just one episode; and since it’s Greg Weismann, he’s pretty much guaranteed to have some paragraphs dedicated to what her story is even if it never makes an appearance on screen.
    One hopes. Though it could be unlikely, if the Legion of Superheroes get the focus next season. As if there weren't enough characters...

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

I kind of figured Cass would play into Shiva's rivalry with Katana on that show, since I speculate Katana might be a mentor for Cass.

Of course, that would require the show to give her some actual character focus when there are loads of other characters...but I think it's probably more likely to happen then them doing anything with Steph at the rate things are going.

I am soooo happy we removed the Black Bat from the thread title. Always hated her cast off Hong Kong identity by Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KofiDrip View Post
    I am soooo happy we removed the Black Bat from the thread title. Always hated her cast off Hong Kong identity by Morrison
    Maybe. But I loved the costume though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I think it's totally in line, if we go by her early and appearances in the Question. If you go to the core of the character than these are quite in character and not her being simply written as a one-dimensional villain looking for the edge. If it's the Shiva from Gail's BoP run or Puckett's Batgirl. Honestly, it lines better with that. You have so many villainous mothers' in DC that even some joke at the trope "murder moms".
    From what I remember from Pucketts Batgirl, I don't have the impression that Shiva did particularly care about Cass, or treated her in anyway different then her other students.
    She had from what I remember a closer bond with Black Canary in Gail's BoP then with Cass.

Extraordinary Member

From what I remember from Pucketts Batgirl, I don't have the impression that Shiva did particularly care about Cass, or treated her in anyway different then her other students.
    She had from what I remember a closer bond with Black Canary in Gail's BoP then with Cass.
    I think that’s accurate, but also likely the impetus for the change - a more complicated and ambiguous relationship between the two, one that can contrast in some way with her relationship with her father, offers more unique storytelling opportunities, and maybe plays more with both the in-story reasoning behind Shiva giving birth to Cass, and Shiva’s title itself - Shiva in Hinduism is both destroyer and creator.

Honestly, I’m really hopeful that Shadow of the Batgirl book gets a sequel so that we can see their take on Shiva. There’s a part of me that loves the idea of her being such a wild card that everyone gives her a wide berth but that still has moments fo non-sociopathic semi-heroic bahvaior that confuses everyone.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

In actuality I would disagree with that assessment. There's a two moments when she treated Cass differently than other students. She senses a kinship in Cass, more than any other fighter she had faced up to that time period. It was during the moment of #25 when they talked over a spot of tea. The only other being she had opened herself to show that side of herself has ever been Richard Dragon and Dinah. She very much thought of Cass in the year prior to the fight in #25, as in the prelude we to mirror Cass she's been thinking of her while learning the trick that brings Cass back to life.

So compare that to Tim or Connor. Yeah.. it is very much different.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Cass will become Batgirl again it seems!!
    https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...65434226716672

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Alternate cover, I imagine.

Sigh...

Seeing that costume again puts the biggest smile on my face .

I think solicits imply Babs' chip breaks down and she can't walk, so maybe she has Cass take over?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Alternate cover, I imagine.

Sigh...
    I don't know if they'd use her Batgirl look for an alternate cover.

Sorry, but no. Variant cover artist used the wrong costume it seems.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/bruce-way...s-in-war-zone/

She's still Orphan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but no. Variant cover artist used the wrong costume it seems.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/bruce-way...s-in-war-zone/

She's still Orphan.
    Look at the tweet I posted with the cover, James is directly teasing becoming batgirl.