Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wanna like it, but I'm tired of Cass being struck with Shiva. And Outsiders is treading water in every way possible.
    I disagree, she hasn't been fully stuck with Shiva and this is going in a very different light than the usual Shiva vs. Cass. Instead Shiva is trying to be a good mother to her daughter. Which is much more fascinating than her trying to kill her again-- for um.. how many times is it now?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Spectacular Member

I would so want to see a Batman movie with a heavy focus on his martial arts, Cassandra Cain, and all.

Batman fighting/training with Shiva, Cass vs Shiva, Batman teaching Cass, and all that.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Batman and the Outsiders #12 (May, 2020). Art by Dexter Soy.

Digging the new HARLEY&BOP look for Cassandra. Hope it sticks and she gets a new code name.

660AD63D-F6CC-456F-A672-E482EAF8819E.jpg

Eh, not so much for me. Short pigtails on late-teen/young adult Cass don't seem to suit her very well. Especially with the quasi-ninja outfit. Which is also an odd aesthetic, her being half-Chinese through Shiva (if that is still in continuity).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, not so much for me. Short pigtails on late-teen/young adult Cass don't seem to suit her very well. Especially with the quasi-ninja outfit. Which is also an odd aesthetic, her being half-Chinese through Shiva (if that is still in continuity).
    That's one of the things about the art in Outsiders that bothers me, that Shiva barely looks chinese. The first time she appeared I thought she was supposed to be Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Digging the new HARLEY&BOP look for Cassandra. Hope it sticks and she gets a new code name.

660AD63D-F6CC-456F-A672-E482EAF8819E.jpg
    A little too obviously "Ninja Girl" for my taste and she could use a cape. I don't see why people continue to not give her a cape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A little too obviously "Ninja Girl" for my taste and she could use a cape. I don't see why people continue to not give her a cape.
    Call back to dick's time as batman, the cape made it harder to move like he wanted, that applys to cass as well

Extraordinary Member

I think it’s more part of a reactions against her clearly being a Batgirl.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

That design looks like Nightwing but in yellow. I wish she'd just get her Batgirl look back, even if she has to use another codename like Black Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That design looks like Nightwing but in yellow. I wish she'd just get her Batgirl look back, even if she has to use another codename like Black Bat.
    Well, I don't know if DC can legally use "Black Bat", but otherwise, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    When was Shiva confirmed as Chinese?

I'm reading NML for the first time and really enjoyed Cassandra Batgirl so far, much more than when Babs was the one, she feels right in that uniform as much as Barbara feels right being Oracle.

Only bummer was the first time Cassandra appeared, in Batman #567-Detective Comics #734 (Mark of Cain by Kelley Puckett), a continiuty error occurred on the very last page!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Call back to dick's time as batman, the cape made it harder to move like he wanted, that applys to cass as well
    It was never a problem for her as Batgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think it’s more part of a reactions against her clearly being a Batgirl.
    At least they let her use the bat-symbol here.

Isn't that BOP book alternate universe like the Walmart books? It doesn't seem possible for it to take place at the same time at Outsiders.

Also, the trope Superhero Movies Don't Use Comic Book Codenames is in play, which is why Cass isn't Batgirl OR Orphan there.

She absolutely should be a second Batgirl. If there's more than one Flash and Superboy, there's no reason there can't be two Batgirls. The Orphan name needs to go - though I do wonder if Outsiders is setting something up in that regard, if you read her conversations with Shiva in the last couple of issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman