Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    That Shadow of the Batgirl book showed how you can do a “mundane” supporting cast for Cass... it just has to be admitted that she can’t really have the Tim Drake or Stephanie Brown-style “normal-normal life.” Heck, I think even Damian is more likely to have something more conventional in his interactions.
    Damian can, it would just be extremely comical. I mean, have you read Gotham Academy ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian can, it would just be extremely comical. I mean, have you read Gotham Academy ?
    Exactly. Cass wears her traumatic childhood much more on her sleeve, and her communication disability impacts her social interaction more than Damian’s issues.

Damian has no idea what a normal life is like, but has the kind of personality and skills to commandeer social situations. Cass doesn’t.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Exactly. Cass wears her traumatic childhood much more on her sleeve, and her communication disability impacts her social interaction more than Damian’s issues.

Damian has no idea what a normal life is like, but has the kind of personality and skills to commandeer social situations. Cass doesn’t.
    Err, what?

Cass doesn't wear her trauma on her sleeve, that's Damien. And yeah, she'd have trouble in social situations but so what? That's called drama

Damian has no idea what a normal life is like,
    Isn't that how the Super Sons started? Bruce wanted Damian to make some friends, to experience what a normal life is like, so he arranged for Damian to hang out with Jon and he and Clark had the two enrolled at the same school.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't that how the Super Sons started? Bruce wanted Damian to make some friends, to experience what a normal life is like, so he arranged for Damian to hang out with Jon and he and Clark had the two enrolled at the same school.
    Well, the school part didn't happen until the end of the original run (and subsequently ignored by Bendis after), but yeah.

It makes sense that Bendis ignored the school thing. Once Jon was aged up, he would've obviously dropped out. He wouldn't have been able to explain suddenly being seven years older until Clark revealed his secret identity (and effectively Jon's with it).

Damian, meanwhile, probably dropped out of the school when Glass's Teen Titans run started.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

SORRY, WHAT????????!!!!

For me its the other way round:
    Cass has friends like Spoiler,Harper Row,Tim Drake.....also had a love interest/date with Conner Kent...

Damian instead had more problems!!
    I remember him joining TT (Pre-Flashpoint) and he believed that he will lead the TT and wanted to fire Beast Boy (right at the first encounter), he wanted to fight against Tim Drake etc. etc.

And as far as I remember Damian also didnt work well with TT in Rebirth (both Versions).

Astonishing Member

There was theories that Cassandra could be Batgirl again (or, at least, use the suit), because the variant cover in Batman: The Joker War Zone #1, but I really doubt it is the case.

Variant covers aren't reliable (not that the regular covers are reliable either), these usually just try to look good (and fanservice).

In the cover for Batman #100 (the end of The Joker War), many members of the Batfamily appear, but Cassandra doesn't appear (Stephanie either).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There was theories that Cassandra could be Batgirl again (or, at least, use the suit), because the variant cover in Batman: The Joker War Zone #1, but I really doubt it is the case.

Variant covers aren't reliable (not that the regular covers are reliable either), these usually just try to look good (and fanservice).

In the cover for Batman #100 (the end of The Joker War), many members of the Batfamily appear, but Cassandra doesn't appear (Stephanie either).

To be fair the 100 issue is apparently an anniversary cover for the 100 comics since Rebirth. Which is why Flashpoint Wayne and Bane are featured. Could be wrong of course, but that is my suspicion about the cover.

And also explains the use of Red Robin instead of Tim's brown Drake costume from Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

The thing is though, Tynion is teasing something with Cass in this one-shot. He's said prior in a post about BatgirlS not single, plural. With the ongoing subplot going on in Batman & the Outsiders regarding this with Shiva pointing this out. Add to that Steph is in the story too. Note as well that stories outside continuity have been using Cass a lot as Batgirl lately. With a certain someone not there to block, and Tynion now has the power to do what he wants. The odds are pointing that Cass is getting the costume back and even the identity. Where this leaves her status quo in Batman & the Outsiders and outside the Bat books is the great question.

You also look at the fact that ever since the New 52, save the ever brief nods in the Detective Comics, Babs/Cass haven't really had the same relationship as they did in the past. More, DC at the time wanted Cass away from the role to prop Babs as the "sole" identity holder. But with the hypocrisy of multiple Robins, Superboys, Flashes, and Green Lanterns. I get the feeling Tynion now has complete say on what he wants. Think about this as well. The entire plot of Joker War is family. Joker is attacking all the Bat Family. Their separated. Fractured. What brings them back together? Dick back as Nightwing. Cass back as Batgirl.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    The thing is though, Tynion is teasing something with Cass in this one-shot. He's said prior in a post about BatgirlS not single, plural. With the ongoing subplot going on in Batman & the Outsiders regarding this with Shiva pointing this out. Add to that Steph is in the story too. Note as well that stories outside continuity have been using Cass a lot as Batgirl lately. With a certain someone not there to block, and Tynion now has the power to do what he wants. The odds are pointing that Cass is getting the costume back and even the identity. Where this leaves her status quo in Batman & the Outsiders and outside the Bat books is the great question.

You also look at the fact that ever since the New 52, save the ever brief nods in the Detective Comics, Babs/Cass haven't really had the same relationship as they did in the past. More, DC at the time wanted Cass away from the role to prop Babs as the "sole" identity holder. But with the hypocrisy of multiple Robins, Superboys, Flashes, and Green Lanterns. I get the feeling Tynion now has complete say on what he wants. Think about this as well. The entire plot of Joker War is family. Joker is attacking all the Bat Family. Their separated. Fractured. What brings them back together? Dick back as Nightwing. Cass back as Batgirl.
    I've noticed something similar with Steph and the Robin identity myself. So, it's a distinct possibility you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I've noticed something similar with Steph and the Robin identity myself. So, it's a distinct possibility you're right.
    That's the other interesting oddity. DC has really clung onto Steph's time as Robin. Like realizing, "oh yeah we did an awful job just doing a few stories on that just so she could be killed off in a stupid event." It's like all the bad choices DC has made in the past are being corrected. But they're really leaning into Cass's time as Batgirl again. Almost as well realizing, "Yeah we screwed that up badly. We're fixing that now."
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

I wonder if we had to do Cassie live action again what should the storyline be?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder if we had to do Cassie live action again what should the storyline be?
    Having a mute girl that doesn't know sign language, but instead knows body language like other people read books, and fights with it, not an easy thing to convey in live-action. Especially with her Batgirl mask that covers her entire face. As part of her Batgirl run, you could tell her expressions by her facial features coming through the mask.

Animated is far easier, obviously. But if ever done, properly, in live-action, that's quite the hurdle to overcome.