Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    So are we recognicing Duke as current Cassī love interest? I remember here and in other pages many likes to think on Cass and Duke only as friends. I already said it before and repeat: tired of Lady Shiva drama, so so tired, was good at first, but now... Cass needs new things to still developing as character. Like a boyfriend. Like civil friends. School. Maybe get her to martial arts tournments for some reason.
    I don't think it's as overt as it is with Jefferson and Katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Cass and Duke could probably complement each others weaknesses quite while. Could be an interesting pairing.
    I mean, she already had friends for that...but we haven't really seen them together since Tynion's run ended.

BANNED

Well, itīs not so sexual as the thing between Jefferson and Katana, but it seems more and more romantic with every issue. Not a fan of how itīs so slow the kiss between the couples... talking about Katana, she should be jealous of Lady Shiva kinda interested in Jefferson?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Especially since Duke has so many love interests at this point - Izzy, Riko, Gotham Girl, that girl from the beginning of We Are Robin, and now Cass.
    Duke has had a surprisingly busy love life .

BANNED

Duke is one of the few chad black males of comics, along with Kid Flash Wallace West. He deserves his busy love life xD, Duke is cool

Ultimate Member

A nice development for Cass might be winning more fights, yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't rule out sequels if the books do well enough. We're pretty early into this line of books.
    Maybe?

I think the Shadow look only really works in that universe. I don't think it would fit well as a main suit otherwise.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's dumb reasoning, because Babs was still alive in the comics too. Calling Cass Batgirl would've matched their story in the comics. Also, the existence of Shadow of the Batgirl, a recent graphic novel starring Cass, proves that they're not unwilling to market her as a Batgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Ink and Zoom are practically their own imprints and probably firewalled of from the editorical decisions and choices of the rest of DC's offices.

I also believe that the downsizing of Ink and Zoom to two titles per month was the result of office politics by the greybeards at DC who saw the success of Ink and Zoom as a threat to their own turfs. They couldn't stop them from publishing stuff or influence what they published, but they could limit how much growth Ink and Zoom could get.
    The author reported in an interview that she was asked to pitch a "Batgirl" title and her suggestion to use Cassandra (it was a favorite character of her's) was approved.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A nice development for Cass might be winning more fights, yeesh
    ^^This. All of this!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    So are we recognicing Duke as current Cassī love interest? I remember here and in other pages many likes to think on Cass and Duke only as friends. I already said it before and repeat: tired of Lady Shiva drama, so so tired, was good at first, but now... Cass needs new things to still developing as character. Like a boyfriend. Like civil friends. School. Maybe get her to martial arts tournments for some reason.
    Doubtful since the latest issue has Duke call Cass, "Sis."

Curious though the preview for Unkillables is Cass/Shiva-centric.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Astonishing Member

IMG_20200312_210142.jpg

I like the outfit for cass

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Doubtful since the latest issue has Duke call Cass, "Sis."

Curious though the preview for Unkillables is Cass/Shiva-centric.
    Provide a link, damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    IMG_20200312_210142.jpg

I like the outfit for cass
    It's better then her current look...but I swear I've seen Babs in something similar.

Why is it so hard to give her a cape? Do artists not get how dynamic a cape makes her look? Why is Canary using shoulder and knee guards?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's better than her current look...but I swear I've seen Babs in something similar.

Why is it so hard to give her a cape? Do artists not get how dynamic a cape makes her look? Why is Canary using shoulder and knee guards?
    Why not? They protect those parts.

Cass' knee bat looks like what Babs wore in New 52 and the gloves remind me of the Burnside costume but that's all I get

I actually like these costumes. I don't know about Cass' muzzle and hair style, I think they can make it a bit cooler, but they're going the right way

So that's something else acknowledging her as a Batgirl, shame it's an AU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Why not? They protect those parts.

Cass' knee bat looks like what Babs wore in New 52 and the gloves remind me of the Burnside costume but that's all I get

I actually like these costumes. I don't know about Cass' muzzle and hair style, I think they can make it a bit cooler, but they're going the right way
    It's just she's never needed them before or really worn stuff like that, so it just seems random and distracting.

Why doesn't she have a cape? I don't get why they keep excluding the cape.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh hey they're giving her cape in the variant

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzcvNzU4L29yaWdpbmFsL2hhcmxleV9xdWlubl9fdGhl.jpg

Actually that's almost her Black Bat costume without the mask

Might as well bring it back for real team!