Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    From Joker's Last Laugh, of course
    I complety forgot about it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I complety forgot about it.
    I was joking, actually. That was almost 20 years ago, and DC has almost certainly forgotten about it. Additionally, I think the Conner/Palmiotti series has always been out of continuity with the "normal" DC stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, with all the praise the movie is getting, the one consistent criticism I've seen is their handling of Cassandra and how little she resembles the character in the comics. The only thing I've seen praised is the young actress playing her.
    So I take it the spoiler-free conclusion is that the character has little in common with her comic book counterpart, but if we accept the DCEU Cassandra as her own thing, the actress did a good job?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Today's BOP issue. What the heck. The real Cassandra ‘Nobody Dies Tonight’ Cain wouldn't allow such a bloody massacre happen right before her. That's completely OOC.
    Is this that DC Black mini (the one with the ad about Harley telling readers to leave their kids home because of the beaver?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So I take it the spoiler-free conclusion is that the character has little in common with her comic book counterpart, but if we accept the DCEU Cassandra as her own thing, the actress did a good job?
    I didn't think the actress was particularly impressive. She's not horrible, but she never gave me any scenes like a young Elle Fanning or Jeremy Sumpter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

The role in the movie is limited, pretty archetypal, and wouldn’t be a great role for a great actor regardless.

She does a competent job with a bland and cliche character.

...Which are two things that should never be used to describe Cassandra Cain.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Pretty much yes. Movie-Cassandra is basically turned into a walking McGuffin, but the actor does a good job at balancing vulnerability, the want to be independent, and the need to connect with other people.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I didn't think the actress was particularly impressive. She's not horrible, but she never gave me any scenes like a young Elle Fanning or Jeremy Sumpter.
    Not actually familiar with their work, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Pretty much yes. Movie-Cassandra is basically turned into a walking McGuffin, but the actor does a good job at balancing vulnerability, the want to be independent, and the need to connect with other people.
    Okay.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well that sounds vaguely Cass-esque even if in the context of the movie it's applied completely differently.

Well that sounds vaguely Cass-esque even if in the context of the movie it's applied completely differently.
    It really isn't, though. There's simply no way that the film tries in any way that Cass connects to the Cass in the comics.

It really isn't, though. There's simply no way that the film tries in any way that Cass connects to the Cass in the comics.
    I figured as much .

Amazing Member

It's the Amanda Conner one, right...?
    Yes. Harley brutally massacred a bunch of assassins and Cass just sat there and watch. WTH.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Oh, now that would be quite interesting!

I guess Sejic's in the "bring back Cassandra Cain as Batgirl" camp then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting that she has the Arkham Knight mask.

Bonus points for wearing a cape .