Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 251
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Yes. Harley brutally massacred a bunch of assassins and Cass just sat there and watch. WTH.
    She was in a different car, and it was over by the time she got their

  2. #152
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She was in a different car, and it was over by the time she got their
    Party true. She was in a different car. She noticed them. Followed them and joined midway. She punches through a window and grabs 2 of them.

    So yes she wasn’t watching them until the end. On the hand she seems perfectly happy with the massacre. Overall Cass isn’t suited for a title with this high killing count. Yet her she is, happy to see Harley for some reason.

  3. #153
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Party true. She was in a different car. She noticed them. Followed them and joined midway. She punches through a window and grabs 2 of them.

    So yes she wasn’t watching them until the end. On the hand she seems perfectly happy with the massacre. Overall Cass isn’t suited for a title with this high killing count. Yet her she is, happy to see Harley for some reason.
    I think that's because cass influenced x23 creation and her time as batgirl was used as base for all new wolverine so dc decided to base cass after x23 ?. This was very much acting like pre ANW x23, so dc is basing black labels cass off x23 insted of cass. If you dont understand this it makes sense

  4. #154
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It really isn't, though. There's simply no way that the film tries in any way that Cass connects to the Cass in the comics.
    What version of her are we talking about?

    Before her book ended

    The trashed version leading to New 52

    The DC You version

    The current version

    The YA novel one

    What material did they have access to do any research on her? If they did any research at all.

    This might have been a case of putting her out there to the public. Worry about what direction to go with her later.

  5. #155
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What version of her are we talking about?

    Before her book ended

    The trashed version leading to New 52

    The DC You version

    The current version

    The YA novel one

    What material did they have access to do any research on her? If they did any research at all.

    This might have been a case of putting her out there to the public. Worry about what direction to go with her later.
    No version of Cass prior appears in BoP. In name only

  6. #156
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No version of Cass prior appears in BoP. In name only
    As you say. No version.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  7. #157
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I think that's because cass influenced x23 creation and her time as batgirl was used as base for all new wolverine so dc decided to base cass after x23 ?. This was very much acting like pre ANW x23, so dc is basing black labels cass off x23 insted of cass. If you dont understand this it makes sense
    Where has it been stated that Cass influenced Laura?

  8. #158
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,262

    Default

    What did people think of Cass in DCeased Unkillables #1 today?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  9. #159
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What did people think of Cass in DCeased Unkillables #1 today?
    Taylor is just great with an ensemble, certainly the best at DC at the moment and I think his use of Cass - of everyone really - was excellent. I think pairing her up with Jim and Jason is a really smart choice, because you get the most out of Cassandra when someone else is taking care of the "here is the plan..." stuff and she can act relatively independently, and because she benefits from the high contrast of having someone mouthy like Jason around. And like Superman and Lois in the first DCeased, these are by and large characters Taylor never got around to or ran out of time with in Injustice so it's nice to see him play with them.

    Some of the nuance gets lost due to the artwork, like her smirk at Jason's alarm when Jim calls them "Batgirl... and Robin." But I did like her interactions with Ace and the kids.

    That said, this all just means her inevitable death is going to be tragic.

  10. #160
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Oof, apparently the kid cast as Cass excitedly read the 00-06 series to make sure she understood the character only to get told they weren't using that. if that was me I would have been crushed, Especially if she hoped she'd get to be Batgirl one day.

  11. #161
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Oof, apparently the kid cast as Cass excitedly read the 00-06 series to make sure she understood the character only to get told they weren't using that. if that was me I would have been crushed, Especially if she hoped she'd get to be Batgirl one day.
    DC treats their Batgirls poorly on screen in Birds of Prey properties. Dinah Meyer read up on Oracle for the BoP tv show, and then they just screwed her research and preparation over.

    Nice that Ella read Cass. That's good on her. My opinion of her has improved.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  12. #162
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Oof, apparently the kid cast as Cass excitedly read the 00-06 series to make sure she understood the character only to get told they weren't using that. if that was me I would have been crushed, Especially if she hoped she'd get to be Batgirl one day.
    Glad to see she was excited to play the role and did research. If only the movie served her better...

  13. #163
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,797

    Default

    Makes me wonder who decided to make the character in the film as un-Cass like as possible. Margot Robbie pitched the film and what not, but wasn't the writer. The other characters, despite certain choices, were otherwise pretty true to their comic versions (other than working with Harley), so its a real head scratcher why Cass isn't Cass.

  14. #164
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I think that's because cass influenced x23 creation and her time as batgirl was used as base for all new wolverine so dc decided to base cass after x23 ?. This was very much acting like pre ANW x23, so dc is basing black labels cass off x23 insted of cass. If you dont understand this it makes sense
    Has that been verified? Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost, X-23's creators, have stated that X-23 was inspired by reverse-engineering Wolverine and making the resulting character a complete foil to the former's more notable traits (also, the character was created as an alternative when their bosses wanted them to retcon Wolverine into a teenager for the TV show they were working on at the time). So far, I've seen nothing suggesting that one inspired the other (although I do agree that it's uncanny how similar they are).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  15. #165
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    Taylor is just great with an ensemble, certainly the best at DC at the moment and I think his use of Cass - of everyone really - was excellent. I think pairing her up with Jim and Jason is a really smart choice, because you get the most out of Cassandra when someone else is taking care of the "here is the plan..." stuff and she can act relatively independently, and because she benefits from the high contrast of having someone mouthy like Jason around. And like Superman and Lois in the first DCeased, these are by and large characters Taylor never got around to or ran out of time with in Injustice so it's nice to see him play with them.

    Some of the nuance gets lost due to the artwork, like her smirk at Jason's alarm when Jim calls them "Batgirl... and Robin." But I did like her interactions with Ace and the kids.

    That said, this all just means her inevitable death is going to be tragic.
    I think Cass will be fine (relatively). Every story like this needs a woobie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •