Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, cute's fine for the other Batgirls, but not for Cass. The other two can cross the whole spectrum from cute to dark, but Cass is an assassin, she's not the sort of person to engage in wacky hijinks.
    She was raised as an assassin, but she isn't one.

Cass' interaction with people and trying to understand people can come off as cute, but not overtly cute.

Which is why her interacting with most is just so entertaining to read.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Amazing Member

you know, I really hope she can do more in Outsiders comic than just basically babysitting Duke :/

Cass should be out there with Katana and Lightning on missions as she is skilled and trained to be able to handle it. Instead she's spent much of her time (not all of it of course, she did have one chapter of action focused on her which was great) in Outsiders doing nothing and basically just having to babysit Duke through his issues and it's such a waste.

Ultimate Member

So I watched the latest BoP trailer.

Thus far, Cass has thrown no punches, was shown hiding and has no issues whatsoever speaking.

But please, tell me how because it's directed by a woman and directed by a woman, it'll do Cass justice.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    you know, I really hope she can do more in Outsiders comic than just basically babysitting Duke :/

Cass should be out there with Katana and Lightning on missions as she is skilled and trained to be able to handle it. Instead she's spent much of her time (not all of it of course, she did have one chapter of action focused on her which was great) in Outsiders doing nothing and basically just having to babysit Duke through his issues and it's such a waste.
    I mean it'd be pretty horrible for her to just abandon Duke alone. They are supposed to be 'siblings' after all. I think you are being a bit harsh on Duke - his powers can compliment Cass quite well so it makes sense they would want to work together. also he has been supportive to her too in the latest issue he is willing to go behind Batman's back to fight Shiva with her.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Thus far, Cass has thrown no punches, was shown hiding and has no issues whatsoever speaking.

But please, tell me how because it's directed by a woman and directed by a woman, it'll do Cass justice.
    I haven't watched the second trailer since I was already pretty put-off by the first trailer... and I don't think ever heard anyone say that if it's directed by a woman it's gonna do Cass justice... but what I did hear was something like this

"Why does it have to be a good movie? I just want a movie that features female characters, WOCs, directed by a woman, there's no sexism, and they're having fun and kicking ass. I don't care if the movie's good or not as long as it's entertaining and I have fun watching it"

Paraphrasing

It's on Tumblr and got a lot of Likes.

I guess basically what they want is something akin to the many 80s action movies but for girls. They're not good cinema, but they're fun.

That post refers to Birds of Prey just as much as the all-female Ghostbusters reboot

And she's apparently a teen criminal to boot.

So, is anyone excited for Cass' big screen debut, or is it too much Cass-in-name-only for you?

Her line about the hyena in the end confirmed it was Cass in name only. It doesn't matter if she fights or not. Cass doesn't talk like that or have that attitude. They probably thought it would be to hard having her be almost mute and not quippin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, is anyone excited for Cass' big screen debut, or is it too much Cass-in-name-only for you?
    The latter, definitely.

I was excited before I found out how they were handling her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I haven't watched the second trailer since I was already pretty put-off by the first trailer... and I don't think ever heard anyone say that if it's directed by a woman it's gonna do Cass justice... but what I did hear was something like this

"Why does it have to be a good movie? I just want a movie that features female characters, WOCs, directed by a woman, there's no sexism, and they're having fun and kicking ass. I don't care if the movie's good or not as long as it's entertaining and I have fun watching it"

Paraphrasing

It's on Tumblr and got a lot of Likes.

I guess basically what they want is something akin to the many 80s action movies but for girls. They're not good cinema, but they're fun.

That post refers to Birds of Prey just as much as the all-female Ghostbusters reboot
    Someone in the prior Cass thread basically suggested that because the director was Asian, we had nothing to worry about.

And frankly, I don't think it has to be a choice between a good movie and a movie with WoC, directed by a woman with no sexism, etc.

I think we can have both. And this ain't it.

This movie is Suicide Squad 2.0, only much worse. We have several minority characters being used to prop up a white character who's only superpower is bad choice in men.

Screw.

That.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The latter, definitely.

I was excited before I found out how they were handling her.
    Yup. I'm sadly probably still going to see it, because of my love for the characters, but that's also the factor that's likely going to prove the biggest disappointment. And I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yup. I'm sadly probably still going to see it, because of my love for the characters, but that's also the factor that's likely going to prove the biggest disappointment. And I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad.
    There are instances when pirating a movie is the moral thing to do.

Just sayin'

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

There are instances when pirating a movie is the moral thing to do.

Just sayin'
    While I'm not necessarily against the high seas, I don't think I'd ever say it was moral.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Maybe they should have use Stephanie Brown for the BOP movie instead of Cassandra Cain.