Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Maybe they should have use Stephanie Brown for the BOP movie instead of Cassandra Cain.
    Yeah, well, if they did that, they couldn't pretend to be concerned about diversity

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, is anyone excited for Cass' big-screen debut, or is it too much Cass-in-name-only for you?
    I'm not excited at all. The only one that looks good in the first trailer is Harley and this movie has warning signs all over it because it's supposed to be a Harley movie that turned into a Birds of Prey movie. Also, personal taste, I want costumes.
    That's before counting Oracle.

About Cass personally, they could've just kept her scenario as an assassin child trying to flee her dad or warn others about a planned assassination attempt ordered by Black Mask. They could keep her characterization. She'll still be driving the plot and be herself. So why.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-09-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    About Cass personally, they could've just kept her scenario as an assassin child trying to flee her dad or warn others about a planned assassination attempt ordered by Black Mask. They could keep her characterization. She'll still be driving the plot and be herself. So why.
    I guess they wanted a young girl partner, not a silent expert fighter. That's why they shouldn't choose Cassandra for this role.

There are characters that can be changed on some aspects, but the character will be mantained at the core. For example: Stephanie could easily fit in the BOP Cassandra's role, even although some aspects of the character (like her backstory) would change.

Cassandra is not this kind of character. Her personality, skills and backstory are pretty specific and extremely connected to each other.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-10-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess they wanted a young girl partner, not a silent expert fighter. That's why they shouldn't choose Cassandra for this role.

There are characters that can be changed on some aspects, but the character will be mantained at the core. For example: Stephanie could easily fit in the BOP Cassandra's role, even although some aspects of the charater (like her backstory) would change.

Cassandra is not this kind of character. Her personality, skills and backstory are pretty specific and extremely connected to each other.
    But any other option would be white

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But any other option would be white
    Not necessarily. They could have either created a new character, race lifted a more obscure one, or used Sin, the Asian girl Black Canary adopted in the comics.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not necessarily. They could have either created a new character, race lifted a more obscure one, or used Sin, the Asian girl Black Canary adopted in the comics.
    Sin actually is a good idea. She fits the type they seem to be going for with the film much more.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Sin actually is a good idea. She fits the type they seem to be going for with the film much more.
    Yeah, but that would require more than a glance at the source material.

Amazing Member

That girl on the BoP movie is not cassandra, that's a joke of a character using Cass's name for recognition... which is funny cause anyone who will recognise cass's name, will see how much of butchering that is and I've yet to see someone, literally anywhere that is discussing the movie (even youtube comments), like BoP movie Cass.

ty for ruining such a badass and awesome character WB, ty -_-

also meh to the trailers as well, I really don't think this BoP (Harley Quinn) movie is going to be that good. Though maybe that's just cause I don't really like Robbie's harley and this is basically a Harley quinn movie. Birds of Prey without Oracle/Batgirl is just dumb and I don't like what I'm seeing of BC and Huntress, especially with costumes.

ya, Sin would have been a good choice instead of Cass.

but as @The Cool Thatguy said, knowing of Sin would require the writers to actually look at the source material instead of just skimming the wiki page of Birds of Prey for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I mean it'd be pretty horrible for her to just abandon Duke alone.
    I mean, it's quite clear Duke should not be on this team in the first place... he is under-trained and not ready so it's just a waste of Cass's time having to spend the majority of the book babysitting him.

And abandon him? isn't she on the Outsiders team, i.e. a black-ops team meant to be out doing missions the JL can't? so she wouldn't be abandoning him, she'd be out doing her job and the point of this team. Again, it's just a waste of her time on this book when this **** with Duke should be something done in his own comic or something.

They are supposed to be 'siblings' after all.
    meh, I much rather preferred Cass's sibling dynamic with Tim, but w.e

think you are being a bit harsh on Duke - his powers can compliment Cass quite well so it makes sense they would want to work together.
    hardly worth anything, so many characters can (and have) compliment Cass in many different ways. Duke isn't unique or special... especially when he can't even fully control his base light powers, now he has these dumb shadow ones on top to worry about.

also he has been supportive to her too in the latest issue he is willing to go behind Batman's back to fight Shiva with her.
    lol, as if Duke could help in any way against Shiva, guess he'll shout words of support as Cass fights Shiva (a fight/battle we've seen many times now btw, don't like how Cass's only story in this book... is once again Shiva).

And a great many other characters would also be 100% ready to go behind Batman's back and be supportive of Cass to help her out with Shiva.

So again, Duke is just wasting Cass's time~

look, I don't hate Duke or anything but he is just not ready or suitable for this team and book.

Even before he got the mess with the dark shadow powers, he literally starts this book off with other personal issues. All he's doing is wasting Cass's time cause she just spends it listening to him talk feelings and "we can totes do this" and hugging when she should instead be out there with katana and lightning on missions. Cass is probably one of the most dangerous and skilled members of the team and as a Cassandra fan, it's incredibly disappointing how much Hill is wasting her as a character in this type of team :/
    Last edited by voidox; 01-10-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps HollyRobinsin

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Perhaps HollyRobinsin
    The more I think about it, the more Sin just seems completely appropriate.

Cass deserves an actual adaptation, not an In Name Only whatever it is we're getting. And I actually enjoyed the Suicide Squad movie and Robie as Harley.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Cass deserves an actual adaptation, not an In Name Only whatever it is we're getting.
    and you know what makes this even worse.... we're now even more likely to never see the real cass in a movie cause this version exists -_-

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    and you know what makes this even worse.... we're now even more likely to never see the real cass in a movie cause this version exists -_-
    That's my biggest problem with the "this adaptation isn't destroying the original" argument. Because while it doesn't destroy it, it does suppress it, for a significant amount of time, at least.

There are a lot of characters they could have used instead of Cass, although I feel like anyone they chose would've been done the disservice of ending up as Harley Quinn's sidekick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are a lot of characters they could have used instead of Cass, although I feel like anyone they chose would've been done the disservice of ending up as Harley Quinn's sidekick.
    Yeah, but it wouldn't have hit them as hard. Holly Robinson might have been rehabbed and maybe Sin could have found a place in current canon.

This depiction of Cass takes her from bad ass to loser pickpocket

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Joker's Daughter.

Honestly, so over Harley as a whole.