Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Also Barbara is also going to be Batgirl in 3 Jokers, and that's probably going to be way bigger than Shadow and Unkillables.
    Of course it will be bigger, it concludes the last lingering subplot Johns never finished. But-- will it turn people off with what happens to Babs in it? And that also appears to be Elseworlds now (or not fully canon) given Alfred is still alive in it.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Of course it will be bigger, it concludes the last lingering subplot Johns never finished. But-- will it turn people off with what happens to Babs in it? And that also appears to be Elseworlds now (or not fully canon) given Alfred is still alive in it.
    Well, Johns has said 3 Jokers is a contained story, but DC could use this for continuity if they want. I guess DC could "solve" the Alfred thing.

Of course, this isn't posible with Unkillables or Shadow of Batgirls.

Astonishing Member

Perhaps, but for the last five years ago it was forbidden to even consider Cass (or Steph) a Batgirl. Oh, sure we got little bones with Future's End (but like you said that was an alternate reality) and a two-issue Convergence Batgirl (which did none of the characters involved any favors). That for Cass to even get a bat symbol was something the higher-ups denied Tynion. If that was an elseworlds then why bring in elements that are being adapted in the mainline (older Jon, Steph as Robin)? Unless...
    What do you mean by "older Jon"? Jon seems his younger versión.

I would like Cassandra as Batgirl and Stephanie as Robin (although I wouldn't want them to have to mantain a solo), but I think it is too soon to let our expectations rise that way.

These cases could be just references of an author because it is an elseworld. It May doesn't reflect the main continuity.

Not gonna be Batgirl? Huh.. then what is this from preview art for Batman #100 suggest?

stephcass.jpg

And the entire image.

EdtkAQZVoAAgR9j.jpg
    Last edited by Blight; 07-24-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    What do you mean by "older Jon"? Jon seems his younger versión.

I would like Cassandra as Batgirl and Stephanie as Robin (although I wouldn't want them to have to mantain a solo), but I think it is too soon to let our expectations rise that way.

These cases could be just references of an author because it is an elseworld. It May doesn't reflect the main continuity.
    Jon is older in the sequel to DCeased. Around the same age as he is currently in the main line.

Astonishing Member

Not gonna be Batgirl? Huh.. then what is this from preview art for Batman #100 suggest?

stephcass.jpg

And the entire image.

EdtkAQZVoAAgR9j.jpg
    It is true Cassandra new suit is similar to her Batgirl suit (although the ears are shorter). Also, Stephanie has a batsymbol in her suit now.

So, maybe a Batgirls comic. Or Oracle and Batgirls comic could be another possibility.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-24-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So the joker warzone variant cover was a tease and not just art unrelated to the story.

I think a batgirls comic would be fun, with guest apperances by the other batfamily members.

Astonishing Member

You can seee a better quality image here:

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/453276

Now, although the Cassandra's new suit is pretty similar to her Batgirl suit, this isn't exactly equal either.

PS: This isn't a final art, so it could be changes.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-24-2020 at 06:11 PM.

stephcass.jpg

And the entire image.

EdtkAQZVoAAgR9j.jpg
    +1 to the cape, but I don't see the ears?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    +1 to the cape, but I don't see the ears?
    There are ears, but these are pretty small compared to her original Batgirl suit.

If there is a Batgirls comic, the Batgirl suits may change to their more tradional costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It is true Cassandra new suit is similar to her Batgirl suit (although the ears are shorter). Also, Stephanie has a batsymbol in her suit now.

So, maybe a Batgirls comic. Or Oracle and Batgirls comic could be another possibility.
    While Babs is serving as Oracle, she seems to still be in costume (she has a bat symbol as well!). She's just wearing glasses instead of a mask, which makes sense since she's sat at a computer. It looks like all three are Batgirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    While Babs is serving as Oracle, she seems to still be in costume (she has a bat symbol as well!). She's just wearing glasses instead of a mask, which makes sense since she's sat at a computer. It looks like all three are Batgirl.
    That's actually a great way to unify the split fanbase. Everyone is Batgirl. They share a title.
    Stuff like DCSHG where Babs has a key role don't have to change since they could be before she was shot while stuff like Yj, Shadow of the Batgirl can also still tie line up.

DC's pretty much found a way to have their cake and eat it too

Exactly, Super Hero Girls is set when she's a teenager still at school. So it would have to be early in her career and it makes sense that Killing Joke hasn't happened in that continuity.

YJ is an interesting case, as yes, Babs was Batgirl in season 2 and Oracle in season 3, implying that Killing Joke has happened. But Cass and Steph both use their other identities, Orphan and Spoiler. Nobody took over as Batgirl. It'll be interesting to see what season 4 does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    YJ is an interesting case, as yes, Babs was Batgirl in season 2 and Oracle in season 3, implying that Killing Joke has happened. But Cass and Steph both use their other identities, Orphan and Spoiler. Nobody took over as Batgirl. It'll be interesting to see what season 4 does.
    I wonder if that isn't because DC Comics told them they COULDN'T be Batgirl. We know they've told Weisman before what he can't do acan't do (like vetoing the customized Green Lantern symbols and what characters they can use). With DiDio's "Barbara is the one true Batgirl, nobody else" stance, it may've been "If she can't be, nobody is".

Spectacular Member

One of the showrunners for YJ, Greg Weisman, actually addressed the "Batgirl" question, and no, it had nothing to do with comics editorial.

"When Bart became Kid Flash, he was doing it in Wally's memory. But Barbara's not dead. And we like the idea of both Stephanie and Cassandra having their own identities as opposed to stepping into someone else's shoes. As for who might or might not be what down the road - NO SPOILERS!"