Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They have adult education programs, could have passed her off as younger and got her in special education, etc.

Bruce did jack all for her education, and given that he's a billionaire, that makes him one heck of a dick.
    And considering all of his connections both in and out of the costume... That doesn't help his case at all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How about Rebirth?

Character-wise I think Bruce would have probably had her home-schooled but with the kind of life Cass left it might not have taken.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How about Rebirth?
    He encouraged her civilian life more, and she had a therapy session with Leslie. Guess we'll see after Outsiders is over.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

and in the OGN?

Incredible Member

They have adult education programs, could have passed her off as younger and got her in special education, etc.

Bruce did jack all for her education, and given that he's a billionaire, that makes him one heck of a dick.
    She was Batgirl during the Batman was a dick period.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC Barbara tried it and it didn't work or Cass was not interested.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    IIRC Barbara tried it and it didn't work or Cass was not interested.
    Babs tried.

Batman didn't

Pre Flashpoint, all Bruce cared about was pointing Cass at bad guys. She jumped in front of bullets for him, and he struggled to provide any meaningful emotional support.

Babs tried.

Batman didn't

Pre Flashpoint, all Bruce cared about was pointing Cass at bad guys. She jumped in front of bullets for him, and he struggled to provide any meaningful emotional support.
    I don't think that's all Bruce cared about. As much of a jerk as he was being written at the time, he still cared, he just didn't always know what to do for the people in his life and their circumstances. He tried with Cass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's all Bruce cared about. As much of a jerk as he was being written at the time, he still cared, he just didn't always know what to do for the people in his life and their circumstances. He tried with Cass.
    How, exactly?

Even ignoring OYL's depiction, Bruce (well, writers) always treated Cass like a red headed stepchild. You want to say Bruce cared, fine. I mean, that works in terms of logical narrative, but not so much in terms of what we saw.

How, exactly?

Even ignoring OYL's depiction, Bruce (well, writers) always treated Cass like a red headed stepchild. You want to say Bruce cared, fine. I mean, that works in terms of logical narrative, but not so much in terms of what we saw.
    I saw a lot of Bruce's care for Cassandra in what I've read of their interaction in her solo book and in some guest appearances. If anyone was treated like a red headed stepchild it was Huntress or Steph.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw a lot of Bruce's care for Cassandra in what I've read of their interaction in her solo book and in some guest appearances. If anyone was treated like a red headed stepchild it was Huntress or Steph.
    Bruce socially isolated her, did nothing for her education and simply pointed her at criminals.

So, yeah. He might have treated other characters worse, but his treatment of Cass really sucked. Especially when you consider that Steph or Huntress could have easily walked away and lived a normal life. Cass, not so much.

In all seriousness, when Cass was part of the Bat books, she was the red headed step child. She rarely showed up in crossovers (Bruce Wayne Murderer was an exception, and even then she didn't do much), she never got a plotline in Gotham Knights, she appeared once in the Batman/Superman, etc.

Bruce socially isolated her, did nothing for her education and simply pointed her at criminals.

So, yeah. He might have treated other characters worse, but his treatment of Cass really sucked. Especially when you consider that Steph or Huntress could have easily walked away and lived a normal life. Cass, not so much.

In all seriousness, when Cass was part of the Bat books, she was the red headed step child. She rarely showed up in crossovers (Bruce Wayne Murderer was an exception, and even then she didn't do much), she never got a plotline in Gotham Knights, she appeared once in the Batman/Superman, etc.
    I think we can argue about his methods (pointing kids at criminals is usually his go-to move) but not that he didn't care, because he did. The Batfamily didn't really treat her at all like a red headed step child aside from when she freaked Tim out during NML, but that got better.

I liked how she was used in Murder/Fugitive and I thought it was a good use of her, and she also got an Officer Down tie-in.

Astonishing Member

A better look to Cassandra's new suit by Bilquis Evely. The image seems to be from a future Detective Comics issue.

EgdYBWEXgAIKYER.jpg

I should mention that Bilquis Evely has also shown an image of Barbara in her Batgirl suit for this future Detective Comics issue.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-27-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A better look to Cassandra's new suit by Bilquis Evely. The image seems to be from a future Detective Comics issue.

EgdYBWEXgAIKYER.jpg

I should mention that Bilquis Evely has also shown an image of Barbara in her Batgirl suit for this future Detective Comics issue.
    So exciting! And it's nice to know, we'll still see cass and the other batfam members in Tomasi's run while waiting for DC's relaunch to be announced. Also, good to see Signal right next to her!