Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A better look to Cassandra's new suit by Bilquis Evely. The image seems to be from a future Detective Comics issue.

Attachment 100181

I should mention that Bilquis Evely has also shown an image of Barbara in her Batgirl suit for this future Detective Comics issue.
    Hard to get a good look at it but it pretty much looks like her old look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hard to get a good look at it but it pretty much looks like her old look.
    Yeah. They choose a similar look to her original Batgirl suit (although the ears seem shorter).

However, I wouldn't say this mean she will be called Batgirl again. Cassandra could still be Orphan (or another identity) in that suit.

Batgirl's suit of Cassandra isn't a "traditional" Batgirl suit, so you could really use this suit with another identity.

PS: Tim seems to still be called Drake in a Robin suit (and that's a "traditional" Robin suit).
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-28-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. They choose a similar look to her original Batgirl suit (although the ears seem shorter).

However, I wouldn't say this mean she will be called Batgirl again. Cassandra could still be Orphan (or another identity) in that suit.

Batgirl's suit of Cassandra isn't a "traditional" Batgirl suit, so you could really use this suit with another identity.

PS: Tim seems to still be called Drake in a Robin suit (and that's a "traditional" Robin suit).
    I'm fine with her not being Batgirl and wearing the suit again, it's her best look, but they shouldn't be calling her "Orphan" anymore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with her not being Batgirl and wearing the suit again, it's her best look, but they shouldn't be calling her "Orphan" anymore.
    Seriously. Cass is defined by her relationship with her still living parents. A dumber name would be hard to come by

I mean it kind of feels that if they just kept the name Orphan but have her in a batgirl outfit that she would look pretty much like she did in Young Justice season 3.

C3167B49-114F-4161-82D7-10F3B7E90031.jpg

Also, I don’t hate the name orphan. It’s not because she is one, it was just a previously used name she adopted. Whether she calls herself Orphan or Batgirl from here on out I don’t really have any stake in it, so long as the character appears and is fun.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-29-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously. Cass is defined by her relationship with her still living parents. A dumber name would be hard to come by
    Did he not die in Batman and Robin Eternal? Or am I misremembering?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Did he not die in Batman and Robin Eternal? Or am I misremembering?
    Eh, he'll be back

And Shiva is still alive

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, he'll be back

And Shiva is still alive
    Yeah I figured, since this is comics, that he's not gone for good. But I'm also not reading much of the current stuff so maybe he's already back again?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yeah I figured, since this is comics, that he's not gone for good. But I'm also not reading much of the current stuff so maybe he's already back again?
    Nah he's still dead, but Cass was having nightmares of him which she confided to Duke early on B&O.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

When's the first time you got annoyed by what happened to Cass and how would you change it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When's the first time you got annoyed by what happened to Cass and how would you change it?
    In the first issue of her comic, TPTB had a low-power telepath give Cass the ability to speak at the cost of her combat ability.

These elements are what made her popular enough to get her own series.

They could not even write 1 issue with her as she was!

I would ignore this event in the inevitable next reboot/relaunch.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-30-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    In the first issue of her comic, TPTB had a low-power telepath give Cass the ability to speak at the cost of her combat ability.

To be fair, Cassandra recovers her combat ability to fight (off-screen) one or two issues after that with the help of Shiva.

The problem here is the writers didn't know how to write a character with this characteristics. Not only did she not know how to speak, but she had no "thought boxes" either (which I never understood, since not knowing how to speak does not mean that you cannot think).

The best thing would have been if Cassandra was created with a very limited capacity to speak (but not total disability). It is what other reintroductions to Cassandra are doing.

PS: Also, I don't think these elements made her popular enough to get her own series. If I'm not mistaken, Cassandra was created to be Batgirl and was given a solo from the beginning. So, much of her popularity was gained after she was able speak.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-30-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She was pitched to be Batgirl, yes, and the cover of her first appearance already has that iconic costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She was pitched to be Batgirl, yes, and the cover of her first appearance already has that iconic costume
    I always find curious about the Batgirl costume for Cassandra, since it is pretty unconventional. I wonder why they choice this kind of suit.

I already mentioned it isn't a "traditional" Batgirl costume, because people won't usually associate it with Batgirl. Even the current Batgirl costume of Barbara (which isn't a "traditional" Batgirl suit either) will still be more associated with Batgirl identity.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

She encounters the psychic in issue 4.

ALSO would like to add that for some reason there is misconception that she just suddenly learned to speak and read fluently after that psychic rewiring of her brain. She struggled with both throughout the whole Batgirl run, never learning to read fluently until some fuckery in One Year later.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 08-30-2020 at 07:27 AM.