Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What’s her moniker now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s her moniker now?
    We don't know.

As I said, Cassandra's Batgirl costume isn't a "traditional" Batgirl costume, so she could use another alias in that costume. Maybe she is still Orphan (although I would like another alias).

The name Orphan hasn't fitted since they restored Shiva being her mother to continuity. It has to go!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean it had less to do with her actual parental status and more to do with it being her father's old name. But yeah. It needs to go. It's as dumb a codename as Drake.

In Outsiders, she's been called out for it. "You're not an orphan, your mother's right there!" If they're changing her codename, her parental situation IS the reason.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean it had less to do with her actual parental status and more to do with it being her father's old name. But yeah. It needs to go. It's as dumb a codename as Drake.
    The Drake thing reminds me of how in season 2 of The Tick: Arthur comments about how everyone knows his identity, and they point out to him that if he didn't want absolutely everyone to know his identity he shouldn't have used his actual name as his superhero identity.

As for Cass, well Bette Kane isn't using either of her mantles at the moment (plus she's got 2), so Cass could be Flamebird or Hawkfire perhaps. Not sure how she'd fit the fire theme into it, but Bette was Flamebird without literal flames, and only started using a flame-thrower when she became Hawkfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In Outsiders, she's been called out for it. "You're not an orphan, your mother's right there!" If they're changing her codename, her parental situation IS the reason.

Which would be all fine and dandy....if it was the reason she took the name in the first place....But it wasn't. That whole conversation was just her trying to win Cass over by downplaying how much she means to Bruce ("Har har. Bruce sucks. He doesn't even care enough to give you a Bat-name).

I wouldn't be complaining since I hate the name anyway but her changing it just because Shiva's alive would be even sillier than the name itself (which never had anything to do with the fact that she was a literal orphan). Especially since she clearly doesn't take Shiva up on her offer to go with her.

That's not the only time it comes up.

Also, there's a good reason why Batman didn't make her Batgirl, and Shiva does point it out there - the name was taken. When Cass first became Batgirl in the late 90s, the name wasn't taken, as Barbara was disabled at that point and operating as Oracle. The name isn't Bruce's to give, it's up to Babs.

Incredible Member

So I'm reading Cassandra's original run and trying to get into the character. Does anyone know when she is actually first identified as Cassandra? They make it a point that she has no name and then in issue #7 Babs calls her Cass out of nowhere.

EDIT: I'm also bewildered at David Cain knowing Batman's identity, I mean it makes absolute sense, but it's just that they totally gloss over it in the Mark of Cain NML tie-in and the series itself (just finished #12). Was Gotham Knights #8 the first issue to explicitly confirm David knew?
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 09-06-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    So I'm reading Cassandra's original run and trying to get into the character. Does anyone know when she is actually first identified as Cassandra? They make it a point that she has no name and then in issue #7 Babs calls her Cass out of nowhere.

EDIT: I'm also bewildered at David Cain knowing Batman's identity, I mean it makes absolute sense, but it's just that they totally gloss over it in the Mark of Cain NML tie-in and the series itself (just finished #12). Was Gotham Knights #8 the first issue to explicitly confirm David knew?
    Babs named Cass Cassandra during NML. What Cain called her has never been revealed. Has he ever called her by her name?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Babs named Cass Cassandra during NML. What Cain called her has never been revealed. Has he ever called her by her name?
    "Who is All" (roughly Man Hu Klu Shay in Arabic) seems to be the only "name" attached to the character pre-NML AFAICT.

Astonishing Member

Solicitations for Detective Comics #1032

DETECTIVE COMICS #1032

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY card stock

Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Father vs. son round two! Batman and Damian Wayne are once again butting heads after Bruce uncovers the missing Black Casebook pages in the clutches of his estranged son. But when the notorious Hush captures the entire Bat-Family, the Dark Knight and the former Boy Wonder must put aside their differences to help Nightwing, Batgirl, Signal, Orphan, Red Hood, and Batwoman survive!

32 pages, $3.99, (cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 8.

Considering Cassandra has the "Batgirl suit" in Detective Comics #1030, it seems pretty possible she still uses Orphan as alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Solicitations for Detective Comics #1032

DETECTIVE COMICS #1032

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY card stock

Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Father vs. son round two! Batman and Damian Wayne are once again butting heads after Bruce uncovers the missing Black Casebook pages in the clutches of his estranged son. But when the notorious Hush captures the entire Bat-Family, the Dark Knight and the former Boy Wonder must put aside their differences to help Nightwing, Batgirl, Signal, Orphan, Red Hood, and Batwoman survive!

32 pages, $3.99, (cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 8.

Considering Cassandra has the "Batgirl suit" in Detective Comics #1030, it seems pretty possible she still uses Orphan as alias.
    I really wish they would ditch it .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wish they would ditch it .
    Well, in the middle of a crossover isn't the place to change it

Could just be trying to hide spoilers.