Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 555
  1. #61
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that meant to be her pre-Flashpoint Black Bat identity?
    It looks like an amalgamation of that and the Orphan costumes. I like it!

    I wish they'd let Cass have her original Batgirl mask, regardless of codename. That mask is iconic. But for some reason virtually every female superhero in the DCU has to show their hair.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    Yeah superman/Batman I think 5 or 6. he beat half the bat family, they were struck with nerve gas he knock down Helena and Cass and it took a minute for dick to go down I don't know where Tim went. Not to mention the superfamily were captured
    Tim went down first without Luthor having to hit him.

  3. #63
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that meant to be her pre-Flashpoint Black Bat identity?
    Well, per the reddit announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCComicsLeg...e_in_february/

    "CASSANDRA CAIN: THE ONE WHO IS ALL

    Cassandra Cain, the daughter of David Cain was conceived and trained from birth with the intention of creating the perfect warrior at the service of Ra's al Ghul. She ran away from her home after committing her first murder, at the age of 8, realizing that what she did was wrong. She spent several years homeless, until one day she arrived in Gotham City where she met Barbara Gordon and Batman. That is when she became the new Batgirl, joining the Bat-Family.

    Cassandra is a skilled combatant, she is a specialist in hiding in the shadows, to be invisible to the sight of her enemies, from where she can strike dealing huge amounts of damage."


    I really like it - I wish it signalled a change in her current comics costume, at least with regards to the Bat.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 01-27-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  4. #64
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tim went down first without Luthor having to hit him.
    thanks all i remember is tim mouthing off and next panel cass and huntress down

  5. #65
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Cass in the BOP movie has more aspirations than just being a pickpocket she wants to move up as it were in the criminal underworld.
    https://twitter.com/birdsofpreywb/st...40289142378498
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-28-2020 at 05:48 AM.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Cass in the BOP movie has more aspirations than just being a pickpocket she wants to move up as it were in the criminal underworld.
    https://twitter.com/birdsofpreywb/st...40289142378498
    Damn. The more I learn about this movie, the more I'm afraid for the character of Cassandra Cain. Couldn't they just create a new character for this one ?

    And I'm not judging the quality of the movie itself, I do want to see it. But why sacrifice Cassandra for that ?

  7. #67
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, per the reddit announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCComicsLeg...e_in_february/

    "CASSANDRA CAIN: THE ONE WHO IS ALL

    Cassandra Cain, the daughter of David Cain was conceived and trained from birth with the intention of creating the perfect warrior at the service of Ra's al Ghul. She ran away from her home after committing her first murder, at the age of 8, realizing that what she did was wrong. She spent several years homeless, until one day she arrived in Gotham City where she met Barbara Gordon and Batman. That is when she became the new Batgirl, joining the Bat-Family.

    Cassandra is a skilled combatant, she is a specialist in hiding in the shadows, to be invisible to the sight of her enemies, from where she can strike dealing huge amounts of damage."


    I really like it - I wish it signalled a change in her current comics costume, at least with regards to the Bat.
    So do I - she's not an orphan, so she shouldn't be called Orphan. It's long overdue for Cass to get a makeover. And I don't see why they can't have more than one Batgirl either. Not like it's any different to Flash or Superboy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #68
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,113

    Default

    Article on the Shadow of The Batgirl graphic novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Cass in the BOP movie has more aspirations than just being a pickpocket she wants to move up as it were in the criminal underworld.
    https://twitter.com/birdsofpreywb/st...40289142378498
    I'm more and more close to just completely giving up on Cass in this movie.

  9. #69
    Daydreamer ChaosIncarnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona
    Posts
    106

    Default

    At the very least, she should have a bat symbol somewhere on her costume. Kinda odd how Tynion included how much the symbol of the bat means to her in his run, when she tore it off Kate's costume. DC hates the idea of her being Batgirl, fine, whatever. But at the very least give her a new name, and redesign her costume.
    Books Iím pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynionís Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

  10. #70
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,498

    Default

    Yeah. Signal wears the bat symbol, so does Red Hood since his latest costume change, so you don't need to have Bat in your name to wear it.

    But DC clearly doesn't hate the idea of her being Batgirl, because she has the mantle in that Shadow graphic novel. They just don't want Babs NOT being Batgirl, it seems. So let them share it. Cass would still be in her current role as a member of the Outsiders team, with appearances sometimes in Batman or Detective anyway, so it'd only be a problem if they wanted to give her a solo book, which there's clearly no plans for.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #71
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn. The more I learn about this movie, the more I'm afraid for the character of Cassandra Cain. Couldn't they just create a new character for this one ?

    And I'm not judging the quality of the movie itself, I do want to see it. But why sacrifice Cassandra for that ?
    To me this seems like "Year One" Cass... like Cass before she meets Barbara and the Bat Family. I'm almost 100% certain her storyline in the movie is going to be she's on the run from David Cain but doesn't know where to go, or who to turn to... and she finds Harley first.

    If they greenlight a Batgirl film next, Cass could be a supporting character for Babs. (My ideal Batgirl scenario is Babs working with Cass and Steph, similar to TV Flash's supporting cast).

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Signal wears the bat symbol, so does Red Hood since his latest costume change, so you don't need to have Bat in your name to wear it.

    But DC clearly doesn't hate the idea of her being Batgirl, because she has the mantle in that Shadow graphic novel. They just don't want Babs NOT being Batgirl, it seems. So let them share it. Cass would still be in her current role as a member of the Outsiders team, with appearances sometimes in Batman or Detective anyway, so it'd only be a problem if they wanted to give her a solo book, which there's clearly no plans for.
    If there can be multiple Spider heroes at Marvel, then there can be multiple Batgirls at DC Comics.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Cass in the BOP movie has more aspirations than just being a pickpocket she wants to move up as it were in the criminal underworld.
    https://twitter.com/birdsofpreywb/st...40289142378498
    Isnt this jason todd ? I really hope there pull a 180 and reveal she was working for Oracle the entire time

  14. #74
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Isnt this jason todd ? I really hope there pull a 180 and reveal she was working for Oracle the entire time
    Cass was always a wandering orphan doing what she had to do to survive after she leaves Cain and before she meets Oracle.

    That reveal would be dope. I don't think it's out of the question that Birds Of Prey will tee up a Batgirl movie... maybe DCEU-verse Babs begins as Oracle and then ventures into the field as Batgirl later.

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Isnt this jason todd ? I really hope there pull a 180 and reveal she was working for Oracle the entire time
    Not even close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •