Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sounds like a good get.

For someone who stopped their Cass trades after her Big 3 solos trades came out, where do I go?
    Sadly, unless you want to hunt down singles or old trades, the best choice is either buy digital singles, or go for DCUniverse.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sounds like a good get.

For someone who stopped their Cass trades after her Big 3 solos trades came out, where do I go?
    Have been looking into this myself. Unfortunately, the character's solo series has never been collected in full. The old trades Batgirl/Robin: First Blood, Kicking Assassins and Destruction's Daughter will get you the rest of the issues that were collected in trade format and you can add the Redemption miniseries and Resurrection Machine crossover with Ghost to round things off. (The crossover events Bruce Wayne: Murderer?, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, and War Games also include Batgirl issues as chapters in them, although the Murderer?/Fugitive ones should be in your three trades. With those three trades, you also have all the material that was originally collected in the trades Silent Running, A Knight Alone, Death Wish, and Fists of Fury.)

That still leaves a huge gap in the middle of the series that you'll have to find some other way to read, but it's the best we can do until DC decides to finish releasing it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Have been looking into this myself. Unfortunately, the character's solo series has never been collected in full. The old trades Batgirl/Robin: First Blood, Kicking Assassins and Destruction's Daughter will get you the rest of the issues that were collected in trade format and you can add the Redemption miniseries and Resurrection Machine crossover with Ghost to round things off. (The crossover events Bruce Wayne: Murderer?, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, and War Games also include Batgirl issues as chapters in them, although the Murderer?/Fugitive ones should be in your three trades. With those three trades, you also have all the material that was originally collected in the trades Silent Running, A Knight Alone, Death Wish, and Fists of Fury.)

That still leaves a huge gap in the middle of the series that you'll have to find some other way to read, but it's the best we can do until DC decides to finish releasing it.
    There's also the old Batman and the Outsiders trades that have some solid Cass content. The War Games trades inexplicably leave a gap between Batgirl #53 and #55, an issue which actually has a lot to do with Steph's mindset going into War Games. It does, however, include a lovely little story of Cass as Batgirl and Steph as Robin published in Solo by Damion Scott.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    There's also the old Batman and the Outsiders trades that have some solid Cass content. The War Games trades inexplicably leave a gap between Batgirl #53 and #55, an issue which actually has a lot to do with Steph's mindset going into War Games. It does, however, include a lovely little story of Cass as Batgirl and Steph as Robin published in Solo by Damion Scott.
    Thanks. I'll have to look into that closer; looks like there have been several Outsider series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to look into that closer; looks like there have been several Outsider series.
    It is the 2007 series

Finally got my hands on Shadow Of The Batgirl, and I'm pleased to report it lives up to my expectations.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooooh, the movie Cass was bad. I don't remember how to put spoilers so here's the link of the opinion of Cass fan who watched it

https://timothykaplans.tumblr.com/po...butchered-as-a

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ooooh, the movie Cass was bad. I don't remember how to put spoilers so here's the link of the opinion of Cass fan who watched it

https://timothykaplans.tumblr.com/po...butchered-as-a
    Yeah, this is about what I was expecting.

Heck, with all the praise the movie is getting, the one consistent criticism I've seen is their handling of Cassandra and how little she resembles the character in the comics. The only thing I've seen praised is the young actress playing her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Heck, with all the praise the movie is getting, the one consistent criticism I've seen is their handling of Cassandra and how little she resembles the character in the comics. The only thing I've seen praised is the young actress playing her.
    It just infuriates me how they could have used virtually any other character instead of Cass.

Or the fact that they could have used Cass' character, and chose not to.

And yeah, it was a choice. Cass has been nothing but bad ass since Day 1.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't it pretty clear from the moment they revealed the first pictures of her that this character was Cassandra in name only?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wasn't it pretty clear from the moment they revealed the first pictures of her that this character was Cassandra in name only?
    Eh, the character could be dressed anyway, and as long as she was still the taciturn warrior with the unique perspective that comic Cass had, I’d be good.

But she ain’t, so I’m not.

This is a film with a John Wick series action choreographer, and Cassandra Cain. Yet those two facts have nothing to do with each other.

That’s a problem.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It just infuriates me how they could have used virtually any other character instead of Cass.

Or the fact that they could have used Cass' character, and chose not to.

And yeah, it was a choice. Cass has been nothing but bad ass since Day 1.
    The "problem" with Cassandra is that she has a very complex past, so Cassandra cannot be properly introduced without her becoming the center of the story.

However, Harley Quinn is the center of this film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The "problem" with Cassandra is that she has a very complex past, so Cassandra cannot be properly introduced without her becoming the center of the story.

However, Harley Quinn is the center of this film.
    No, the problem is that Harley Quinn is the center of this film

And don't defend it by saying 'She's the most popular'. The first X-Men movies should have made it clear by now that the most popular in one medium does not make them the most popular in another.

Iron Man should have taught us that as well, but hey.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, the problem is that Harley Quinn is the center of this film

And don't defend it by saying 'She's the most popular'. The first X-Men movies should have made it clear by now that the most popular in one medium does not make them the most popular in another.

Iron Man should have taught us that as well, but hey.
    My point is that a character like Cassandra couldn't fit in the movie they wanted to create (with Harley Quinn in the center). I wasn't defending the film.

That said, this movie only exists because of Harley Quinn. They would not have done this otherwise, especially as they don't want to use Barbara yet. Then, she was always going to be the center.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The worst thing about this BOP Cass is that it pretty much ruins or makes it more likely that Cass in this world doesn't go on to become Batgirl. If she does then it'll be Steph as Batgirl or any other street urchin as Batgirl.

This wasn't Cass. I get inclusion and diversity is necessary but so it accuracy and they just exploited Cass for the name recognition and diversity points