Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Youtube ranter Displaying_Model_Behaviour's Avatar

You definitely know your Ben Reilly creative team knowledge! Loved that Reilly / X-Men cross over from a few years back. That entire 4 part series was fantastic. I'm with you that DeMatteis would be the one to really get that character back on track, especially with Bagely doing the art but now I'm just fantasy booking! Gage's run on the Kaine Scarlet Spider book was phenomenal. During it's time it was far and away my favourite title on the shelves and it's tragic that we never got a decent conclusion to the various plot threads. A title staring Ben and Kaine is the fantasy project that i'll always hold out faint hope we might one day see!

Quote Originally Posted by Displaying_Model_Behaviour View Post
    I'm with you that DeMatteis would be the one to really get that character back on track, especially with Bagley doing the art
    I would buy five issues a month to support a Scarlet Spider(s) title with this creative team.

You know DeMatteis would take all the Slott & PAD craziness done to Ben and turn it into something emotionally important to the character's continued growth.

-Pav, who thinks Kaine could benefit from DeMatteis' return as well...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I would buy five issues a month to support a Scarlet Spider(s) title with this creative team.

You know DeMatteis would take all the Slott & PAD craziness done to Ben and turn it into something emotionally important to the character's continued growth.

Generally agreed. Team him up with Chris Yost, too, so we can get some resolution to Kaine's story with Aracely/Hummingbird as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Youtube ranter Displaying_Model_Behaviour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Or ideally for me he would just have the current 'reset' Ben randomly degenerate in to dust and reveal that the one and only real Ben was put in suspended animation by Osborn back in PPSM 75 and it was just another random clone who sacrificed himself and died at the end of that issue. (Ben was a perfect clone, if it was he who died he wouldn't have turned to dust! That's my hill and I'm dying on it!)

Astonishing Member

*sigh*... whenever I see this thread bumped I get up my hopes that there’s some news about Ben appearing in some previews or something. Alas....

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    *sigh*... whenever I see this thread bumped I get up my hopes that there’s some news about Ben appearing in some previews or something. Alas....
    Yeah, I hear you there.

Astonishing Member

We should have. I mean, we are getting an arc with Kindred where, apparently, all spiders will be involved somehow. However, for some reason, there has been no sign about Peter's clones: both Ben and Kaine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    We should have. I mean, we are getting an arc with Kindred where, apparently, all spiders will be involved somehow. However, for some reason, there has been no sign about Peter's clones: both Ben and Kaine.
    Yeah... it was also really crappy how Carnage didn’t go after Ben (like his other former symbiote hosts) during Absolute Carnage last year. Marvel goes through weird cycles when it comes to spider clones... they love them, they hate them, they love them again (early to mid 2010s renaissance for Kaine and then return of Ben), and now they hate them again. I guess we will have to wait a few more years before Ben and Kaine really come back if we’re following that pattern.

Astonishing Member

Yeah... it was also really crappy how Carnage didn’t go after Ben (like his other former symbiote hosts) during Absolute Carnage last year. Marvel goes through weird cycles when it comes to spider clones... they love them, they hate them, they love them again (early to mid 2010s renaissance for Kaine and then return of Ben), and now they hate them again. I guess we will have to wait a few more years before Ben and Kaine really come back if we’re following that pattern.
    Actually, the absence of Ben Really during the whole Absolute Carnage is easy to explain. The Codex remains in a host body even after the host died, leaving it "hibernating" inside the corpse. But you must remember that Ben Really's body, the same one that was possessed by Carnage back then, was reduced to dust after Ben Reilly died in the Goblin's Night. Therefore, the Codex left by Carnage inside that body was completely destroyed too. Ben reilly was then resurrected in a different body, which was never infected by Carnage's symbiote. And then he was killed and resurrected again and again more than 20 times (no wonder Ben went crazy), in bodies that Carnage never touched. So, technically, Carnage didn't have anything to claim from Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaying_Model_Behaviour View Post
    Or ideally for me he would just have the current 'reset' Ben randomly degenerate in to dust and reveal that the one and only real Ben was put in suspended animation by Osborn back in PPSM 75 and it was just another random clone who sacrificed himself and died at the end of that issue. (Ben was a perfect clone, if it was he who died he wouldn't have turned to dust! That's my hill and I'm dying on it!)
    I think many of us were hoping for something similar to your idea for years -- and if Marvel went that route at this point, it wouldn't bother me. But generally I do prefer when writers are able to salvage past stories rather than just ignore them, if possible.

-Pav, who thinks Ben's crazytimes is very salvageable...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally agreed. Team him up with Chris Yost, too, so we can get some resolution to Kaine's story with Aracely/Hummingbird as well.

I'd be down for this but Yost seems to be enjoying working TV and film these days over comics so i doubt he'll get to it anytime soon or ever at all.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I'd be down for this but Yost seems to be enjoying working TV and film these days over comics so i doubt he'll get to it anytime soon or ever at all.
    Hmm, that's a shame. Good for him, though.

It looks like Ben is coming to Marvel Future Fight in the next update. Maybe they'll add his original Scarlet Spider costume as an unlockable later on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It looks like Ben is coming to Marvel Future Fight in the next update. Maybe they'll add his original Scarlet Spider costume as an unlockable later on.

Unlike the comic company they license him from, video game companies have always seemed to like Ben and use his outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

Unlike the comic company they license him from, video game companies have always seemed to like Ben and use his outfits.
    Indeed. If Future Fight can use Ben as his own character instead of just a costume change for Peter . . . maybe there is hope.