Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Also technically (I know everyone hates it) Blade's father is from Latveria and was imprisoned with Dooms mother. Blade rescues her and an unborn Doom when he's sent back in time.

Honestly you wonder where Blade stands continuity wise.

The recent Marvel chronologically comic all but confirms he was a dhampir at birth which would greatly change how the original Tomb of Dracula stories went as Blade would be the most effective vampire hunter with superhuman stats. I think most of us can somewhat agree the Morbius bite in Spider-Man has largely been ignored now. Guggenheim's comic says as much.

The robotic hand all but seems forgotten. The last reference to it was 2009. I'm just saying, if Bendis was writing Blade he'd be ignoring this whole random Latverian dad story. Love Bendis or hate him he always returns characters to their most recognizeable and iconic/popular versions. He also tends to discard unneccessary or flawed elements from characters in order to modernize them a litle bit.

I don't have anything on paper to directly go against the Dad story, but seeing how Blade's been represented lately. I'd be surprised if it's still canon. I'd argue with anyone the hand isn't especially after the Mighty Avengers issues.
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-21-2020 at 07:50 PM.
    The J-man

Anybody know if there's a Halloween special planned for later this year? Blade should go up against a vast array of monsters. Anybody know of D&D monsters that would give Blade a good fight, very visual?

https://www.gameontabletop.com/cf372...fiends-5e.html

outside of appearing in a Spider-Man cartoon they've never done a Halloween special for Blade. I wish they would
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    outside of appearing in a Spider-Man cartoon they've never done a Halloween special for Blade. I wish they would
    I really hope they hit a home run with the movie. That should increase his value, and give us way more Blade content.

Mighty Member

looks like both morbius and strikeforce are finished after the pandemic. sucks, cause I was liking the additional Blade appearances, and have a feeling Strikeforce's pay off was gonna be satisfying.

I'm not surprised about Strikeforce. The first issue was kind of a mess. They tried to do too much the pacing was off, there were a few story inconsistencies and things were unclear. I don't know why they did the first issue like that but I know some readers jumped off after reading it. Issue #2 the series slightly redemed itself I really liked the second issue, but as the book progressed it didn't live up to the hype. The concept was interesitng but the execution was lacking. I enjoyed some o the dialogue for what it was worth.

I thought Morbius might survive till his movie premiered but guess the pandemic changes things.
    The J-man

Might be the gif for the opening of the next daywalker thread.

Mighty Member

Christian Cooper, the black man who had the police falsely called on him by a white woman in central park, was one of the writers of the Midnight Massacre back in the day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Christian Cooper, the black man who had the police falsely called on him by a white woman in central park, was one of the writers of the Midnight Massacre back in the day.
    He was the writer on the whole run of DARKHOLD:Pages from the Book of Sins, and a few issues of Nightstalkers.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I know this isn't entirely the place for this but... when things like this get exposed and then consider the George Floyd case happening today... its almost like... Karen (or amy in this case) really should be getting charged with something harder than filing a false report. I'm sick. I'm sick that it goes on in perpetuity like this. Weaponized White womens tears.

Bringing it back to Blade... There definitely needs to be more scenes where someones getting saved by blade from a vampire attack and they call the cops on him instead of the vampire. Ala' this "AFRICAN AMERICAN guy is beating up these cosplayers"....
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I know this isn't entirely the place for this but... when things like this get exposed and then consider the George Floyd case happening today... its almost like... Karen (or amy in this case) really should be getting charged with something harder than filing a false report. I'm sick. I'm sick that it goes on in perpetuity like this. Weaponized White womens tears.

Bringing it back to Blade... There definitely needs to be more scenes where someones getting saved by blade from a vampire attack and they call the cops on him instead of the vampire. Ala' this "AFRICAN AMERICAN guy is beating up these cosplayers"....
    There was an issue of tomb of Dracula or something where he gets arrested for that exactly. Black guy going around attacking old white people.

Astonishing Member

There was an issue of tomb of Dracula or something where he gets arrested for that exactly. Black guy going around attacking old white people.

I would love to Blade kill Racist Vampires(vampires that would refuse to drink blood of minorities or would only turned what they considered pure), has that ever happened? kinda like how Tchalla fought the KKK.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I would love to Blade kill Racist Vampires(vampires that would refuse to drink blood of minorities or would only turned what they considered pure), has that ever happened? kinda like how Tchalla fought the KKK.
    See... wait... *scratches head* I think... there's something silly about that, can't quite put my finger on it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Kinda yea actually. Back when he teamed up with Black Panther, Dr. Voodoo, Luke Cage, and Spectrum in New Orleans. In the first few pages, a couple of Black kids get stalked by some country racist vampires. The big bad is an old plantation owner.