Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Attachment 99900

never thought I'd see Blade and Captain America teaming up together

also, did anyone check out Blade's motorcycle? the shuriken and the dual swords on the front? Even the handlebars are spikey and probably break off into a weapon. Those are the details I appreciate.

still not crazy about Blade referring to stuff as vampire things in reference to him. Sure he's a dhampir but I don't think Blade thinks of himself as a vampire.

Highlighting his superhuman senses is great. I think Al Ewing was the last one to do it. Blade should always be written with enhanced senses. As the ultimate hunter, he should be able to track his prey and sense the supernatural with his innate ability.
    I agree with you...i think it has been a more recent development, in terms of Blade understanding himself as a monster and hating himself for it but also learning to live with it

will see where Marvel takes him.

I've been rereading that scene with Captain America, and it really makes me smile. Feels timely given the state of the country.
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-20-2020 at 09:33 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Can Blade fans give me a list of his top ten villains?

I only know Shadow Colonel, Deacon Frost and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Can Blade fans give me a list of his top ten villains?

I only know Shadow Colonel, Deacon Frost and Dracula.
    You can add Morbius.

Mighty Member

Those are pretty much the only big ones that he consistently fights.

He's been involved in fights against Mephisto but never directly

Extraordinary Member

There was Varnae too I believe. The precursor the Dracula.

top 10? just 616 right? so I'll leave out Nomac and the other vamps from Blade II and the anime. The top 3 or 4 are easy after that it's debatable. It's hard for Blade

1. Dracula- King of Vampires
    2. Deacon Frost- killed/turned his mother
    3. Morbius- turned himself into a vampire, caused chaos for years, sometimes they team up tho so he can be removed from this list at times
    4. Xarus (Shadow Colonel)- Dracula's son, former leader of Vampire nation and the Legion of the Unliving

Other Legion of the Unliving 2020 members:
    -Rat Bomber
    -Snowsnake
    -Baroness Blood
    -Sarge
    -Carpathian

Notable villains
    Draconis- immortal priest vampire
    Varkis- looks like Wolverine, semi-immortal
    Victor Montague & Beatrice Montague- they tried to take over New Orleans, Blade teamed up with a group of heroes to take them down
    Deathwalkers- evil magic cult Blade battled through the years
    Varnae
    Lilith
    Blackout

Children of Eternity
    Hrolf - leader of a coven that battled Blade

Legion of the Damned
    -members: Ponce

Lesser known rogues
    Renne Kimbrell
    Henry Sage
    Silas
    Bitsy
    Francois Chicault

current Marvel vampire sects for your reference:

Claw, Charniputra, Mystikos, Nosferatu, Aqueos, Moksha and Siren sects
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-21-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I consider Lilith and Blackout Ghost Rider villains.

Am I imagining things or did Blade have villains called Steppin Razor and Night Terror?

Mighty Member

He did, but like a lot of his villains, they were around for an arc or so and he killed them.

Hrolf is another cool one

Mighty Member

top 10? just 616 right? so I'll leave out Nomac and the other vamps from Blade II and the anime. The top 3 or 4 are easy after that it's debatable. It's hard for Blade

1. Dracula- King of Vampires
    2. Deacon Frost- killed/turned his mother
    3. Morbius- turned himself into a vampire, caused chaos for years, sometimes they team up tho so he can be removed from this list at times
    4. Xarus (Shadow Colonel)- Dracula's son, former leader of Vampire nation and the Legion of the Unliving

Other Legion of the Unliving 2020 members:
    -Rat Bomber
    -Snowsnake
    -Baroness Blood
    -Sarge
    -Carpathian

Notable villains
    Draconis- immortal priest vampire
    Varkis- looks like Wolverine, semi-immortal
    Victor Montague & Beatrice Montague- they tried to take over New Orleans, Blade teamed up with a group of heroes to take them down
    Deathwalkers- evil magic cult Blade battled through the years
    Varnae
    Lilith
    Blackout

Children of Eternity
    Hrolf - leader of a coven that battled Blade

Legion of the Damned
    -members: Ponce

Lesser known rogues
    Renne Kimbrell
    Henry Sage
    Silas
    Bitsy
    Francois Chicault

current Marvel vampire sects for your reference:

Claw, Charniputra, Mystikos, Nosferatu, Aqueos, Moksha and Siren sects
    this is a great write up.

I wonder if we could include mephisto? Blade has never fought him directly but he's been the key background villain for 3 stories Blade has been in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I consider Lilith and Blackout Ghost Rider villains.

Am I imagining things or did Blade have villains called Steppin Razor and Night Terror?
    Yep Steppin Razor, and Night Terror were villains in Blade's short-lived 1994 solo series. Night Terror first appeared in the 1993 GHOST RIDER ANNUAL, and showed up in the series. Steppin Razor was used in the sadly short-lived Spike TV BLADE:The Series played by Bokkem Woodbine. So that's where you probably heard of him.

On the subject of other notable Blade foes. Doctor Sun. Former Chi-Com scientist who fell out favor with his superior in the Chinese government, and subjected to his own experiment, Project Mind, in which his brain was removed, and hooked up to computers. He turned against his bosses and fled their control. In order to survive Dr. Sun needed constant infusions of fresh blood ,and through his research learned of Earth's vampires. On top of using them procure the blood he needed, Sun also sought to take control of the vampires in order to use them as the back bone of an army to conquer the world. This led him in to conflict with Dracula on three occasions. The last battle between Sun and Dracula also brought Blade into the fray. Forcing him to work with the Vampire Lord to defeat Dr. Sun.
    D.O.A. HYDRA's former Department of Occult Armaments in which Blade banged heads with during his time with Hannibal King ,and Frank Drake in the Nightstalkers. Thought to be destroyed at the end of the series. But made a big comeback in 2011's in the FEAR ITSELF follow-up maxi-series, FEAR ITSELF:The Fearless. Now under the management of the Red Skull's daughter, Sin, and Crossbones. Also plagued Flash Thompson, during his time as Venom in his mag later on.

oh wow I forgot about Doctor Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    this is a great write up.

I wonder if we could include mephisto? Blade has never fought him directly but he's been the key background villain for 3 stories Blade has been in.
    thanks

I guess you could. I don't think I'd put him in a top 10, because he's usually not a direct villain as you said. I consider Mephisto more of a Dr. Strange villain, but they travel in the same circles and team up to fight against evils like that. He did fight against Mephisto in Damnation along wiht all the other supernatural heroes. In a broader sense if you're a longtime supernatural hero in the MCU you've probably fought against Mephisto directly or indirectly a handful of times.
    The J-man

will see where Marvel takes him.

I've been rereading that scene with Captain America, and it really makes me smile. Feels timely given the state of the country.
    curious. what was said between him and Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. what was said between him and Cap?

they were tracking zombies on a train using Blade's vamp senses. They burst through a window and started whooping butt. Here is the dialogue, but I recommend actually reading the panels

Captain America: DISCIPLES OF KHONSU! Anyone who wants off this train here's your stop!

Blade and Cap are tearing through them

Blade: Looks like they'd rather die for their god.

Captain America: Bleeding but alive, Blade. No Mortal Wounds.

Blade: Different era same sad $#@%. Always a bunch of fools in masks who think their boots on our necks are doing us a favor.

Blade: When you think that old moral arc of the universe is gonna start bending toward progress?

Captain America: It bends. Just sometimes needs a little hand is all.

Blade: You know what I like about you, Rogers? For once I'm not the oldest guy on the team.

Captain America: Then try to keep up! Next Car! Let's Go!

Blade is referencing and MLK quote for those who don't know
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-24-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    The J-man

What the heck is this?!?!

The Old Guard Star Reportedly Eyed To Play The MCU’s Female Blade
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-female-blade/

can we at least get one or two Blade movies before Marvel gives him a daughter?
    Oh this is cool, I didn't know they were going to follow through with the daughter concept
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8