Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

kinda upset we don't get to see any plotlines in Empyre with Blade and boy-thing. Especially with what they're doing with man-thing in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    kinda upset we don't get to see any plotlines in Empyre with Blade and boy-thing. Especially with what they're doing with man-thing in the event.
    That's because this whole event is an overblown love story for Hulkling. Being framed as a dangerous invasion. Not surprising that a big character like Blade is just sat in the corner and ignored.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    they were tracking zombies on a train using Blade's vamp senses. They burst through a window and started whooping butt. Here is the dialogue, but I recommend actually reading the panels

Captain America: DISCIPLES OF KHONSU! Anyone who wants off this train here's your stop!

Blade and Cap are tearing through them

Blade: Looks like they'd rather die for their god.

Captain America: Bleeding but alive, Blade. No Mortal Wounds.

Blade: Different era same sad $#@%. Always a bunch of fools in masks who think their boots on our necks are doing us a favor.

Blade: When you think that old moral arc of the universe is gonna start bending toward progress?

Captain America: It bends. Just sometimes needs a little hand is all.

Blade: You know what I like about you, Rogers? For once I'm not the oldest guy on the team.

Captain America: Then try to keep up! Next Car! Let's Go!

Blade is referencing and MLK qupte for those who don't know
    Dr. King actually said "justice" not progress. I get how some see the two as one and the same thing, though.

I know he says justice, but the reference is still clearly MLK.

If you want to get technical Dr. King was actually quoting someone else... Theodore Parker, I believe, but no one really references him unless its in relation to Abraham Lincoln or MLK.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

now the rumor is that ghost rider is going to feature in the Blade movie. So a running list of rumored characters:

Heroes:
    Ghost Rider
    Moon Knight
    Werewolf by Night
    Vampire by Night
    Fallon Gray

Villains:
    Dracula
    Deacon Frost

Side characters:
    Whistler

People are really just throwing things at the wall. I'd bet on Deacon Frost and maybe Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider and Blade have been in a bunch of stories together the past 3 years, have to think there's a reason for that.

Extraordinary Member

now the rumor is that ghost rider is going to feature in the Blade movie. So a running list of rumored characters:

Heroes:
    Ghost Rider
    Moon Knight
    Werewolf by Night
    Vampire by Night
    Fallon Gray

Villains:
    Dracula
    Deacon Frost

Side characters:
    Whistler

People are really just throwing things at the wall. I'd bet on Deacon Frost and maybe Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider and Blade have been in a bunch of stories together the past 3 years, have to think there's a reason for that.
    Still need to see Lilith Drake

Heroes:
    Ghost Rider
    Moon Knight
    Werewolf by Night
    Vampire by Night
    Fallon Gray

Villains:
    Dracula
    Deacon Frost

Side characters:
    Whistler

My fear is that they’ll make Ghost Rider cooler than Blade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    My fear is that they’ll make Ghost Rider cooler than Blade.
    I have a feeling the Ghost Riders are gonna be a pretty big plotline for all the supernatural stories

does Marvel even have the rights to Whistler?
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

does Marvel even have the rights to Whistler?
    Whistler actually started in the Spider-Man the animated series, not the first Blade movie.

Mighty Member

I'm kinda hoping Dr. Strange 2 introduces Blade, Moon Knight maybe lays some of the foundation with the monsters and maybe werewolf by night. I still think Dracula is a lot for the first movie but if they have to, I hoped its loosely based on that 2004 tomb of dracula mini.

I'm really expecting a Ghost Rider movie to feature Blade heavily too, so maybe they go off Spirits of Vengeance. Damnation would be a great supernatural movie to build up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Whistler actually started in the Spider-Man the animated series, not the first Blade movie.
    I know but I don't think the MCU can use Whistler. I think New Line might have retained the rights to that character, becaue Goyer created him for the New Line films. According to Goyer, they let Spider-Man TAS use them first as a kind of test.

Whistler as a mentor to Blade and Eric Brooks as a dhampir in Spider-Man TAS was kind of a dry run for the concept in the Blade movies.

Blade was the favorite superhero of Spider-Man story editor John Semper, Jr. (who wrote the last run of Cyborg for DC not too long ago). Semper claims that him including Blade on the series brought the character to the attention of Avi Arad eventually leading to the first Blade film. The film began being developed along with Blade's introductory episodes. David S. Goyer created Whistler for the film but the series got to use him first.
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-26-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I know but I don't think the MCU can use Whistler. I think New Line might have retained the rights to that character, becaue Goyer created him for the New Line films. According to Goyer, they let Spider-Man TAS use them first as a kind of test.

Whistler as a mentor to Blade and Eric Brooks as a dhampir in Spider-Man TAS was kind of a dry run for the concept in the Blade movies.

Blade was the favorite superhero of Spider-Man story editor John Semper, Jr. (who wrote the last run of Cyborg for DC not too long ago). Semper claims that him including Blade on the series brought the character to the attention of Avi Arad eventually leading to the first Blade film. The film began being developed along with Blade's introductory episodes. David S. Goyer created Whistler for the film but the series got to use him first.
    I wonder how that works. Like he's also technically a blade character and they lost those rights. I think when marvel sells characters they also sell all the affiliated characters too. Like they couldn't use Morbius in the movie cause he was a Spiderman character first and Sony had those rights....but creating a character is unique.

I think Harley Quinn might be kinda like that? Whoever owned the batman animated rights made that character, now DC uses her in all their movies.

They can always used Jamal Afari instead..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    They can always used Jamal Afari instead..
    Or bring back Quincy Harker. Old dude with bum legs who's the 'expert/mentor' of the Vampire hunters who designs fancy vampire hunting weapons... That's pretty much Quincy RIGHT there just changing out the wheelchair for a leg brace and a limp. Kris Kristopherson was awesome... but the character wasn't really 'original'. It was a cheap copy of an existing character.

Heck, Whistler is closer to Tomb of Dracula Quincy Harker than Daywalker Blade is to Classic Blade.