Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Can’t rock with MJW anymore but Facts.......
    what's wrong with MJW?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    what's wrong with MJW?
    what's wrong with MJW?
    He says statements at times that come off coonfused/cooning & at very least doesn’t stay on code overall when it come black issues most of which he has limited to very little knowledge on when speaks on them. Also to many times he speaks on other black celebrities & actual black icons ( both living & dead) that he has little to no real knowledge about personal or maybe met in pasting at best, usually with him stating a warped psychologist style critique opinion/statement about them that comes off as negative nonsense. Which makes it look even worse giving that actually ppl some more famous & others not as famous as him who actually know/knew these black icons & or there situation both negative and positive 1st hand. But since they refused do interview with certain platforms/ppl (such as DJ Vald) giving his disrespect black related ppl & topics he gets a very opinionated brothers like MJW to help him push certain false narratives that he ( Vald) believe or he ( Vald) thinks with cause controversy/views. Just like Vald wanted to push a certain narrative about Wesley that he expected MJW agree with but MJW shockingly corrected him because usually he’s not correcting the negative nonsense on platforms like Valdtv when it comes to other blk ppl/issues.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    He says statements at times that come off coonfused/cooning & at very least doesn’t stay on code overall when it come black issues most of which he has limited to very little knowledge on when speaks on them. Also to many times he speaks on other black celebrities & actual black icons ( both living & dead) that he has little to no real knowledge about personal or maybe met in pasting at best, usually with him stating a warped psychologist style critique opinion/statement about them that comes off as negative nonsense. Which makes it look even worse giving that actually ppl some more famous & others not as famous as him who actually know/knew these black icons & or there situation both negative and positive 1st hand. But since they refused do interview with certain platforms/ppl (such as DJ Vald) giving his disrespect black related ppl & topics he gets a very opinionated brothers like MJW to help him push certain false narratives that he ( Vald) believe or he ( Vald) thinks with cause controversy/views. Just like Vald wanted to push a certain narrative about Wesley that he expected MJW agree with but MJW shockingly corrected him because usually he’s not correcting the negative nonsense on platforms like Valdtv when it comes to other blk ppl/issues.
    The only thing I know about MJW is how much he hates Tupac lol. I haven't heard anything bad about him recently though. You got any examples?

Fantastic Member

Wesley's record isn't 100% clean, but he still deserves credit for saving the superhero genre. If a certain bad behavior has not reared its head for years, then not fair to continuously bring up that same thing as if it's the totality of that person's character.

Robert Downey Jr made Iron Man a household name, but people don't constantly talk about his drug addiction and arrests in the late 90s. Christian Bale's Batman is held as the best the character has had in live-action, and is notoriously difficult to work with behind the scenes.

And yet nobody constantly talks about their prior bad acts anytime their name is brought up.

I'm in the mood for a Blade Christmas story. I'd like to see a one-shot like that or a short story in a compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Wesley's record isn't 100% clean, but he still deserves credit for saving the superhero genre. If a certain bad behavior has not reared its head for years, then not fair to continuously bring up that same thing as if it's the totality of that person's character.

Robert Downey Jr made Iron Man a household name, but people don't constantly talk about his drug addiction and arrests in the late 90s. Christian Bale's Batman is held as the best the character has had in live-action, and is notoriously difficult to work with behind the scenes.

And yet nobody constantly talks about their prior bad acts anytime their name is brought up.
    Just to clarify Wesley had only ever been rumored to have issues during Blade 3, which as we've learned over the years is misleading as it turns out Whistler and others were not happy with the way that movie was handled, but Wesley kind of got slandered which is common in the biz. Outside of that you've got to go back to Money Train where one actress basically went after not just Wesley but the whole production. If we are going off of track record Wesley doesn't have nearly the rep that Tom Hardy or Christian Bale or Shia Labeouf on set. If we are talking outside of work there was the tax issue (somehow Nick Cage got over on his, and I don't really understand what deal Chris Tucker has going, but it is what it is).

RDJ's issues were in a much higher tier. Besides drug problems what happened with Halle Berry and other rumors of his life away from the camera. He's incredibly lucky he didn't even serve half of his sentence, then he became Ironman and the rest is history. Mark Wahlberg, Martha Stewart and other actors have all been sentenced to multiple years but only served a small fraction of the time. Other guys like Tim Allen served their full sentence.
    The J-man

The J-man

Blade is officially the best swordsmen of Marvel

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-strongest...comics-ranked/
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I've always wanted to see Blade go against Gorgon

Christmas came early

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I've always wanted to see Blade go against Gorgon
    yeah that'd be cool
    The J-man

Christmas came early

How is it? I'm always a little iffy about special effects driven movies 'upgraded' beyond what they were intended... The whole 'blood god' effects were great at the time. but 20 years later they look pretty cheesy on dvd... and 'looking closer' in bluRay was even worse... now 4K?!?

I remember the complaints from the directors dealing with the Hobbit. As crisp and clear as they filmed it... the makeup and plastic weapons were MUCH more visible.

I love my universal monsters... but really don't think the bluRays are going to make them better... O.O

I
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    How is it? I'm always a little iffy about special effects driven movies 'upgraded' beyond what they were intended... The whole 'blood god' effects were great at the time. but 20 years later they look pretty cheesy on dvd... and 'looking closer' in bluRay was even worse... now 4K?!?

I remember the complaints from the directors dealing with the Hobbit. As crisp and clear as they filmed it... the makeup and plastic weapons were MUCH more visible.

I love my universal monsters... but really don't think the bluRays are going to make them better... O.O
    I got it on a whim, but it really doesn't add anything beyond the film we've all already seen. If you got a big high end tv and you want to try and watch Blade on that scale it holds up okay..... but if you look for it/think about it you'll notice something's off. This wasn't natively made for 4k as you've said. Some stuff looks dated, but not as bad as I thought it would in 4k. The sound and music still holds up, especially if you have a good sound system. The picture is surprisingly good at points, but softens up at other points, so it's not terrible.

Not a must buy by any means
    The J-man

Blade is officially the best swordsmen of Marvel

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-strongest...comics-ranked/

Not my favorite ranking...

For me Blade will always be more generic 'blades' then just 'swords'. He's highly skilled especially in knives, stakes, and daggers... but also broadswords and battle axes. He's all around awesome. I personally feel the people who are more specialized in JUST one style would out do him... which is fine because he moves to back up plan #3 with his spinning shurikan blade or a shotgun propelled stake... he's not bound by any one weapon. Characters like Silver Samuraii or Nightcrawler just always seemed 'better' than him.

For that matter, I just finished the 'Essential tomb of Dracula 1-4' which includes the magazine and the Dracula Lives series... and Drac himself was a fantastic swordsman and skewered a few people who thought they were hot stuff in those series. Has there ever been a Dracula vs. Blade match where they both used their swordsmanship skills? In the old books Blade was all about knives... and post Daywalker status I don't remember any actual fights like that... but man it feels like a missed opportunity.

Nightcrawler? No Blade has decades more experience then Nightcrawler and he fights enemies in more shapes and sizes. Just because he's great with other weapons and hand to hand doesn't mean he's not a sword master if anything his hsitory show's he's very good with swords out dueling many opoonents

I've only seen him clash with Dracula in a sword fight briefly in that Spider-Man cartoon
    The J-man

Christmas came early

sweet get, man
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."