Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    crescent city blues! that's probably their biggest team up and probably why hudlin put them together in New Orleans

Also the Midnight Sons holding off the Ghost Rider amped Avengers and half of hell is such an underrated feat for that team. They were fighting off Captain Marvel and Thor, who are already cosmic, plus every other hero powered up with spirits of vengeance.
    great story arc. I can see Jericho and Eric discussing Boy-Thing and the evolving relationship Blade has with it.

Mighty Member

End to Strikeforce felt natural (last issue was just as random as the series, but I'm hoping they're hinting at continued Blade/Angela adventures. It'd be an amazing book and those two did go together the most naturally.

What the heck is this?!?!

The Old Guard Star Reportedly Eyed To Play The MCU’s Female Blade
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-female-blade/

can we at least get one or two Blade movies before Marvel gives him a daughter?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I wouldnt worry too much. That site really prints everything. Think about all the rumors have been linked to this movie. Vampire by night, Dracula, werewolf by night, whistler, deacon frost, now Fallon grey? There's no way they fit this many new characters in one movie.

Extraordinary Member

On the comic side of things, should Fallon finally become in canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    On the comic side of things, should Fallon finally become in canon?
    I vote no. It never went beyond the concept stage. Plenty of stuff pitched and in pre-development "never" gets made, I'm sure.

Blade is just recently becoming more of a recurring character in comics. Heck, in almost the entirety of the 1980s he was unseen, after Tomb of Dracula ended in what, 78-79? of course back then he was not "the daywalker" yet. But as a kid in the 80s, I was blown away in the early 90s when he was brought back as this character who had "been around since the early 1970s"... I had simply never heard of him. It really was shameful the way he was sidelined up until then. almost the only active adult black male adventurers at Marvel in the 1980s were Falcon, Panther and Luke Cage... and of course, the PM/IF series ended in 1986 with Luke on the run... totally unseen until the early 90s revival solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I vote no. It never went beyond the concept stage. Plenty of stuff pitched and in pre-development "never" gets made, I'm sure.

Blade is just recently becoming more of a recurring character in comics. Heck, in almost the entirety of the 1980s he was unseen, after Tomb of Dracula ended in what, 78-79? of course back then he was not "the daywalker" yet. But as a kid in the 80s, I was blown away in the early 90s when he was brought back as this character who had "been around since the early 1970s"... I had simply never heard of him. It really was shameful the way he was sidelined up until then. almost the only active adult black male adventurers at Marvel in the 1980s were Falcon, Panther and Luke Cage... and of course, the PM/IF series ended in 1986 with Luke on the run... totally unseen until the early 90s revival solo series.
    Agreed. Last thing Blade needs is a plucky young sidekick to steal what little spotlight he gets. Keep him out of the 'old mentor' role, and let HIM keep being the hero. Vampire Hunters have a hard enough time getting a book for him to share it...

Add in the fact that I don't see her adding anything that Elsa Bloodstone wouldn't and i really don't see any reason to NOT leave Fallon on the planning room floor.
    Last edited by phantom1592; 08-12-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    What the heck is this?!?!

The Old Guard Star Reportedly Eyed To Play The MCU’s Female Blade
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-female-blade/

can we at least get one or two Blade movies before Marvel gives him a daughter?
    If done right could be great but she’s needs to supporting cast like Shuri in BP film.

I'm not going to campaign for a concept no one has ever seen before. The run never saw the light of day. I don't know what they would do with her. My only interest is in Blade.

Give me a long Blade comic run or an animated series. If thy want to introduce her after chapter 60 or 80 fine, in the 4th season or 5th season fine.

Sure she could be amazing, but people keep bringing her up, and we know next to nothing about her. Indifference is the only thing I could feel about her.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Blade barely gets any time to shine for himself and by himself. It's not going to improve his character if they try to turn him into a mentor for someone. Also, that's really not his thing. Blade is a workaholic. And he doesn't really like working with people who don't understand and appreciate the seriousness of being an enemy of the evil of the supernatural.

Mighty Member

Speaking of Blade getting time to shine, he's finally back in the Avengers today. I like that Aaron is basically giving a bit of time for his character to play off one of the other Avengers. I think we've seen him do that with Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow so far. This issue he and Captain America have a quick back and forth about how they see the moral arc of the universe shifting, and Blade makes a joke about them being old (which I've been waiting for honestly, since they're about the same age).

Also a cool little feat for Blade's vampire senses.

Speaking of Blade getting time to shine, he's finally back in the Avengers today. I like that Aaron is basically giving a bit of time for his character to play off one of the other Avengers. I think we've seen him do that with Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow so far. This issue he and Captain America have a quick back and forth about how they see the moral arc of the universe shifting, and Blade makes a joke about them being old (which I've been waiting for honestly, since they're about the same age).

oh really? sounds pretty decent. this is the khonshu arc?

Mighty Member

Yea, he tracks down Iron fist, ghost rider, and dr. Strange off scent

EfhzpYXWoAAqxt7.jpg

never thought I'd see Blade and Captain America teaming up together

also, did anyone check out Blade's motorcycle? the shuriken and the dual swords on the front? Even the handlebars are spikey and probably break off into a weapon. Those are the details I appreciate.

still not crazy about Blade referring to stuff as vampire things in reference to him. Sure he's a dhampir but I don't think Blade thinks of himself as a vampire.

Highlighting his superhuman senses is great. I think Al Ewing was the last one to do it. Blade should always be written with enhanced senses. As the ultimate hunter, he should be able to track his prey and sense the supernatural with his innate ability.
    The J-man

I'm actually still a little surprised he still on the team. Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Seeing him team up and interact with Cap was a highlight. And in general it's cool seeing him do stuff in the "big leagues" so to speak. He definately is proving he fits.