Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, it looks like he's wearing his avengers armor in there, so that's probably why he's in this event too. to be honest the only reason he wasn't in empyre is probably because of strikeforce
    It's sort of a shame he didn't play a larger role in Empyre. Him facing off against Swordsman might have been kinda cool.

Mighty Member

Truth! I dont think he's ever had a great sword fight in the comics.

Also i just re-read tomb of dracula 2004 and mi:13, those are hands down my favorite Blade stories. Might go back to mighty avengers and that 3 issue Blade run next.

Truth! I dont think he's ever had a great sword fight in the comics.
    Also true. He should go up against Nightcrawler with his blade and win, or someone similar.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Also true. He should go up against Nightcrawler with his blade and win, or someone similar.
    I've always wanted him to fight Gorgon

yeah the only sword fight I can remember off the top of my head was from that Black Panther comic. He must have had more. He's had sword fights in two live action movies, the tv show, the anime and even one of his cartoon appearances.

The J-man

I use Blade on Marvel Alliance 3 and he is a beast. He can nearly clear a room by himself with his move called “off the chain.” My best team is him, Black Panther, Moon Knight, and Deadpool. I’m trying to unlock Morbius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah the only sword fight I can remember off the top of my head was from that Black Panther comic. He must have had more. He's had sword fights in two live action movies, the tv show, the anime and even one of his cartoon appearances.

He has one with Hrolf in that one series

Also the avengers armor is my third favorite Blade look. Black trench coat is obviously classic, then the red flare trench coat that was in some of the movies and in blade vs. Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I use Blade on Marvel Alliance 3 and he is a beast. He can nearly clear a room by himself with his move called “off the chain.” My best team is him, Black Panther, Moon Knight, and Deadpool. I’m trying to unlock Morbius.
    I wish that game was available for PS4

He has one with Hrolf in that one series

Also the avengers armor is my third favorite Blade look. Black trench coat is obviously classic, then the red flare trench coat that was in some of the movies and in blade vs. Wolverine.
    forgot about that fight. Did he have a sword or was it just a big Blade. That was a freakishly huge vampire.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

someone posted Blade putting down zombie Moonstone on twitter:

Also some cool videogame art for damnation in his avengers armor:

Last edited by Tracks; 09-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wish that game was available for PS4

I love it. Literally the only way to make your characters more powerful is to keep playing them and perfecting how to use them. That’s the only way they level up. His “off the chain move” is where he whips out a chain and spins it making a tornado effect that lifts up the enemies around him and then he does a reverse whip motion and knocks them all backwards. When I get in trouble, all I do is spam that move and switch to BP and use his claws. And BP just wrecks sh*t. I mean one claw strike and he’s wiping people out one by one.

Spectacular Member

Didn't old school Blade beat a european fencing champion in a duel?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Didn't old school Blade beat a european fencing champion in a duel?
    What do you mean 'old school'? If you're talking about Tomb of Dracula... I doubt it. I'm about 1/2 way through my Essential collection right now and I haven't seen Blade touch a sword yet. He's all about the wooden knives. I don't think he got into actual swords until Nightstalkers.

There are two problems with sword fights in comics. 1) Which is something i can relate to... No matter how much you love fencing, it's hard to find an opponent who wants to fence too. Blade specializes in swords and stuff for the purpose of staking and beheading vampires... theres not much reason for the vampires and others to use such archaic weapons. and 2) Swordfights on paper suck. There's no energy and poetry of motion. They always look stale and flat and dull. It's one of the reasons that no matter how much i love Zorro.... he's never had a great comic series. The fight scenes are always... meh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What do you mean 'old school'? If you're talking about Tomb of Dracula... I doubt it. I'm about 1/2 way through my Essential collection right now and I haven't seen Blade touch a sword yet. He's all about the wooden knives. I don't think he got into actual swords until Nightstalkers.

There are two problems with sword fights in comics. 1) Which is something i can relate to... No matter how much you love fencing, it's hard to find an opponent who wants to fence too. Blade specializes in swords and stuff for the purpose of staking and beheading vampires... theres not much reason for the vampires and others to use such archaic weapons. and 2) Swordfights on paper suck. There's no energy and poetry of motion. They always look stale and flat and dull. It's one of the reasons that no matter how much i love Zorro.... he's never had a great comic series. The fight scenes are always... meh.
    He's right

except technically it's sword vs. dagger

He's right

except technically it's sword vs. dagger
    LOL! Man, I love old-school Blade

looks like everyone is saying a Blade skin is coming to Fortnite. I don't really play the game but I'll post it when it drops on youtube
    The J-man