Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Reading over Strikeforce again, it really does read better all together and it becomes clearer that Blade seems to have a long game that he hasn't shared with the team just yet.
    Good point. I’m interested to see what that could be. And I know I’m beating a dead horse. But I need to see Blade kick someone’s ass that has credibility and tenure. He needs to give more than a decent fight to a Spiderman, Wolverine, or Iron Fist. I think most people think it’s far fetched, and that’s what the problem is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Good point. I’m interested to see what that could be. And I know I’m beating a dead horse. But I need to see Blade kick someone’s ass that has credibility and tenure. He needs to give more than a decent fight to a Spiderman, Wolverine, or Iron Fist. I think most people think it’s far fetched, and that’s what the problem is.
    I'd say the past few years have been good for that.

He had really good for that. He had decent fights with Deadpool and Wolverine (brief, but I liked that Blade vs. Wolverine fight)

Then he's held his own against a lot of characters he should be overmatched against (Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider Thor, Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider). To be honest he's been so involved with the Ghost Riders I have the Ghost Riders will play a huge role in the MCU moving forward.

Mighty Member

So Strikeforce is definitely getting cancelled at 12. Sales are just getting worse and worse.

Fantastic Member

I happened to be watching a clip from the first film and something made me curious. The pureblood vampires have a lot of control of human society through politicians, real estate and other such people. And they seem to be 100% fine with leaving things right there in that beneficial relationship, even though they are the dominant half. Now of course what makes Frost different in every good iteration(not naming any story arcs) is that he thinks differently and wants to shake up the status quo since he sees no need for a symbiotic relationship since they are the predators.

The purebloods and their liking to control things in a corporate way could be a good idea if it were given real focus in the comics if there happened to be a pureblood vampire who operated something like one of the crime lords. Doing things like human trafficking to have steady supplies of humans at the ready, etc. Does anyone think such a character would be a good idea? Or would it be too much of a traditional superhero-y thing for Blade? Even if so, I don't think it's bad to give it a try.

Mighty Member

Would need a strong writer, caue you'd need a while to do that much world building.

Also Blade and Strikeforce are briefly in SpiderWoman #1 fighting doombots.

I prefer Blade to stay away from the typical "street level crime boss" stuff, that's why we got Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spiderman, Daredevil, Punisher, etc. Let him dwell in the more mystical supernatural setting like a modern day Van Helsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I prefer Blade to stay away from the typical "street level crime boss" stuff, that's why we got Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spiderman, Daredevil, Punisher, etc. Let him dwell in the more mystical supernatural setting like a modern day Van Helsing.
    I agree...

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Agree. Now if those "Street Level" crime boss make deals with lets say The Brain Eaters(A werewolf biker gang) I ca see Eric kick that scumbag ass along with his/hers supernatural partners.

should Blade still carry a sword on his back (I'm bored sue me)

The J-man

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    should Blade still carry a sword on his back (I'm bored sue me)

Hell yes, that's pretty great.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

still bored

The J-man

Mighty Member

They'll probably have Blade in the next Avengers movie based on how much he's been on the team. What do you think it'll be?

Could see a line-up of: Captain America (Sam Wilson), Dr. Strange, Thor (Jane Foster maybe?), Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye/Ronin (Maybe Blade as Ronin?), Ant-man/Wasp, and Shang-Chi

Have a feeling they'll keep Captain Marvel, Spider-man, and Black Panther separate

Fantastic Member

Not being a Star ars fan, I still found this to be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    They'll probably have Blade in the next Avengers movie based on how much he's been on the team. What do you think it'll be?

Could see a line-up of: Captain America (Sam Wilson), Dr. Strange, Thor (Jane Foster maybe?), Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye/Ronin (Maybe Blade as Ronin?), Ant-man/Wasp, and Shang-Chi

Have a feeling they'll keep Captain Marvel, Spider-man, and Black Panther separate
    I can't say I se that happening right now. Only if the Blade movie was wildly successful. Like BP successful would they make a move like that. And that seems unlikely.

Hemsworth's been Thor for a while, so not sure how much longer he's going to want to play the role. I don't really care about MCU Hawkeye. Shang Chi hasn't dropped yet

I'd pair Blade up with other supernatural characters like Strange. Ghost Rider, Man-thing, Dr. Voodoo, Werewolf by Night, Daimon & Satana & Hellstrum and that red headed monster hunter.

Captain Marvel and BP are their biggest headlinners at the moment. I don't see how they aren't in a new Avengers movie, but depends on the story I guess. If you don't include them it could be something smaller scale like Captain America 3: Civil War. Not technically an Avengers movie. Heck even 3 three had other heroes.

Blade on the Avengers sounds like phase 5 or 6 at best
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I can't say I se that happening right now. Only if the Blade movie was wildly successful. Like BP successful would they make a move like that. And that seems unlikely.

Hemsworth's been Thor for a while, so not sure how much longer he's going to want to play the role. I don't really care about MCU Hawkeye. Shang Chi hasn't dropped yet

I'd pair Blade up with other supernatural characters like Strange. Ghost Rider, Man-thing, Dr. Voodoo, Werewolf by Night, Daimon & Satana & Hellstrum and that red headed monster hunter.

Captain Marvel and BP are their biggest headlinners at the moment. I don't see how they aren't in a new Avengers movie, but depends on the story I guess. If you don't include them it could be something smaller scale like Captain America 3: Civil War. Not technically an Avengers movie. Heck even 3 three had other heroes.

Blade on the Avengers sounds like phase 5 or 6 at best
    I think its likely cause I had the realization that, at this point, Blade has been featured as a member of the avengers more than pretty much any other team he's been on other than Quincy's vampire hunters. 4 years of comics between Mighty Avengers and Avengers. I think that's more than him on the Midnight Sons.

Also have a feeling Blade will easily hit a billion. They've been marketing him as the character that ushered in the modern era of super hero movies and Mahershala Ali carries real weight.

As for Black Panther and Captain Marvel, I feel like they're almost too big for the Avengers at this point. Like its hard to think of a threat that would both need guys like Blade and Hawkeye and Captain Marvel and Thor.

I'm also curious which storyline they'll base if off of. I have a feeling any new Avengers movie will pull from one of Jason Aaron's Avengers stories. If there's a Midnight Sons movie, it'll 100% be Damnation.