Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Either Blade vs. Deadpool. Or Blade vs. Spitfire I think.
    Both great. I think the deadpool fight is the most convincing win he's had.

Mighty Member

Just found out that its Warren Ellis writing Castlevania for Netflix. The Blade anime was cool, but watching Castlevania you can see he probably could've done so much more if this was targeted towards a more mature audience on netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Just found out that its Warren Ellis writing Castlevania for Netflix. The Blade anime was cool, but watching Castlevania you can see he probably could've done so much more if this was targeted towards a more mature audience on netflix.
    remember he wanted to write the Blade series in 2006, but they picked Guggenheim over him. Then they offered him the book after the Guggenheim run started to tank, and he refused because he was bitter over how they didn't pick him in the first place
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

The Wolverine book's vampire story could bring Blade into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    this doesn't involve some heretofore unknown cadre of "good" vampires, does it? (sigh...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    remember he wanted to write the Blade series in 2006, but they picked Guggenheim over him. Then they offered him the book after the Guggenheim run started to tank, and he refused because he was bitter over how they didn't pick him in the first place
    I probably would have done the same. If you would have decided to take it up after that. You’re better than me. They had the chance to do what was right in the beginning. And then scrambled to patchwork their mistakes later. Not good. But I didn’t know that’s what happened.

For what to be played as a second fiddle to Logan??? Better for Blade sit out until he gets his own solo. Now if a Blade book wants to bring on Logan to lend a hand let's see it.

Mighty Member

No Blade has to play a central role in this. It's literally the story they set up in Avengers. Who knows though, seems like the entire point was to keep Krakoa out of the way during a war.

That Wolverine story was great though. Hopefully this event sets off another Blade solo.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, the division between the Avengers and the X-Men at the moment means that this problem is a lot worse than it normally might be. Blade is firmly with the Avengers and the X-Men, even though they have a lot of experience with vampires, are going into this pretty blind.

Especially since Omega Red and Dracula have their conversation right outside the gate. That is pretty damn brazen and tells me that the X-Men are ignoring things a lot more than they should.

Mighty Member

Actually, the division between the Avengers and the X-Men at the moment means that this problem is a lot worse than it normally might be. Blade is firmly with the Avengers and the X-Men, even though they have a lot of experience with vampires, are going into this pretty blind.

Especially since Omega Red and Dracula have their conversation right outside the gate. That is pretty damn brazen and tells me that the X-Men are ignoring things a lot more than they should.
    don't forget, dracula has his mole in the avengers too. gorilla man and sarge are in avengers tower.

Mighty Member

we knew it was coming

also blade vs. spiderwoman maybe?

Extraordinary Member

don't forget, dracula has his mole in the avengers too. gorilla man and sarge are in avengers tower.
    Hmm, a vampire themed event would be fun! Come on, Marvel, you know you want to.

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 AND BLADE RELEASE DATES LEAKED BY ALLEGED INSIDER
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...charles-murphy

General question in the downtime: What's your favorite Blade fight?
    Movies?: tough to say. Probably the final fights of the first film. After that then the Nomac fight

Comics?: Blade vs Deadpool or Blade vs the Shadow Colonel. Those two are top of mind for me. He's got some other fun fights in MI:13 and Mighty Avengers, and cool moments in Ngihtstalkers and Tomb of Dracula, but I still got to go with the Deadpool or Shadow Colonel. Those were full fledged fights.

we knew it was coming

also blade vs. spiderwoman maybe?
    They better not chump Blade out in any of these

Hmm, a vampire themed event would be fun! Come on, Marvel, you know you want to.
    They better be building to that, with everything they laid out in Avengers it would be such a waste if nothing came of it. Also Blade better play a big role. I don't want it to be like Dark Reign where Spider-Man basically didn't do anything in the event to take down his arch nemesis

wait Gorilla Man? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I probably would have done the same. If you would have decided to take it up after that. You’re better than me. They had the chance to do what was right in the beginning. And then scrambled to patchwork their mistakes later. Not good. But I didn’t know that’s what happened.
    It was probably the right business decision book was already tanking so he'd already be starting at a negative and dealing with the lousy premiss Guggenheim left him with that wouldn't have worked with his story. Still Warren Ellis on a Blade comic would have been legendary.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

yea, in one of the "war of the worlds" avengers tie-ins, you see that gorilla man from the agents of wakanda is under Sarge's control

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking about the Morbius book: what if the rat men attack Spiderman and Morbius just gets blamed for it? And Blade doesn't go all in trying to murder him?