Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

MIDNIGHT MASSACRE-June/July event in the Midnight Sons line during Blade's time with the Nightstalkers. Thanks in part to the spell that Dr. Strange cast upon Blade while he spent time in a mental institution. Which switched his mission of vengeance against vampires to the entirety of the supernatural. So driven against the occult, he located a spell from the Darkhold which would enable him to wipe out the supernatural from the face of the Earth. Reading the spell it turs him in the Demogorge. A being that absorbs the mystic powers of any one he kills. And after killing Hannibal King and Johnny Blaze, Brooks goes by the name Switchblade.
    One of the greatest blade stories ever. A must read. I think this is what inspires me to constantly think "Blade: Challenger of the Supernatural" its just what he needs to be to open a lot more narrative paths
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    One of the greatest blade stories ever. A must read. I think this is what inspires me to constantly think "Blade: Challenger of the Supernatural" its just what he needs to be to open a lot more narrative paths
    Yea battle all supernatural. And then just give him an original power (just one) linked to vampire lore. And let Blade wreak havoc. Then he tussles with regular meta humans and mutants that aren’t vampires. Works for me.

I still think that Disney+ is the best way to get multiple new Blade filmed stories. He can still have guest stints in the newer films and eventually his own stand-alone. I wonder what show-runner would work with Blade best.

no Disney Plus is trying really hard to be family-friendly. They allegedly put a halt to the Lizzige Maguire relaunch because of the sex parts and adult themes. Editing butts and other silly things. I'd worry about how the film would have to conform if made specifically for that platform.

If they make it a theatrical release it would probably have a bigger budget and be under a different purview (Kevin Feige etc.). Disney+ has oversight and more cooks int eh kitchen. This is Disney's big gamble and investment that thye are directing everything towards.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    No question there. Hell's bells, Buffy:The Vampire Slayer dealt with all sort of creatures from demons, witches, mantis women, and lunch ladies. And the MU has no shortage of monsters, and just plain horrifying things. One group of villains that Blade dealt with during his Nightstalker run was D.O.A.(Department of Occult Armaments), originally a division of HYDRA. Specializing in acquiring, and developing an occult based arsenal for the organization. Thought to have been put in the dust heap when their vampire super-soldier, Bloodstorm, went all Columbine on his creator, and killing the head of D.O.A., Lt. Belial. But the group reappeared later in the post FEAR ITSELF maxi-series, subtitled The Fearless. Under the new management of the Red Skull's daughter Sin, and Crossbones. I could see the group giving Blade some trouble in his own mag. Or looking at the following fan trailer, the HYDRA splinter faction could be the villains for the upcoming MCU BLADE entry.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    No question there. Hell's bells, Buffy:The Vampire Slayer dealt with all sort of creatures from demons, witches, mantis women, and lunch ladies. And the MU has no shortage of monsters, and just plain horrifying things. One group of villains that Blade dealt with during his Nightstalker run was D.O.A.(Department of Occult Armaments), originally a division of HYDRA. Specializing in acquiring, and developing an occult based arsenal for the organization. Thought to have been put in the dust heap when their vampire super-soldier, Bloodstorm, went all Columbine on his creator, and killing the head of D.O.A., Lt. Belial. But the group reappeared later in the post FEAR ITSELF maxi-series, subtitled The Fearless. Under the new management of the Red Skull's daughter Sin, and Crossbones. I could see the group giving Blade some trouble in his own mag. Or looking at the following fan trailer, the HYDRA splinter faction could be the villains for the upcoming MCU BLADE entry.
    I can see that. "Bloodstorm" though is the type of naming convention that needs to be shifted away from (^_^) hahaha. Seriously, though reminds of kind of a failed SCP Foundation if your familiar and if you have basically a bunch of clowns running around trying to play Friday the 13th (show) or "Warehouse 13" they could make good blade foes.

On thing that plays into that and something that I was playing towards in the other thread was that "Blade" and "Strange" need to have a tense relationship, and that blade needs to have something like "Favors"/"Maguffin" as a power.

No one says anything about strange whipping out some hitherto unknown artifact, and really blade is in the field more than strange and better prepared he should semi-regularly use Magic items pilfered from foes and maybe from a mage or 2. YMMV
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping the first time we see Blade is in that Dr. Strange movie. I feel like they've introduced a good number of their heroes in movies prior to them getting their own. Obviously Black Panther and Spiderman were huge in that they played big roles in Captain America, but even Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel were referenced prior to their movies.

It was a good trailer. Ali can kill this roll if done right. The voice-over was good. I like the jazz trumpet in the clip.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 04-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Fantastic Member

If ever seen in a comic where Blade is a main feature, something I would like to see is his thought process while hunting. As in, if he sabotages certain areas beforehand to ensure a higher body count in his targets.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    If ever seen in a comic where Blade is a main feature, something I would like to see is his thought process while hunting. As in, if he sabotages certain areas beforehand to ensure a higher body count in his targets.
    You get some of that in the 2006 series under Guggenheim and a little bit in his Curse of the Mutants one-shot

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    You get some of that in the 2006 series under Guggenheim and a little bit in his Curse of the Mutants one-shot
    Hey! I'm dodging COVID-19. Quit trying to make me sick.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Hey! I'm dodging COVID-19. Quit trying to make me sick.
    Hahaha fair enough

also it sucks, this month we'd be getting Blade in Avengers, Strikeforce, and Morbius.

The J-man

The J-man

Mighty Member

these two videos are why I think Blade could be successful even relative to other marvel movies. Like comic book nerds see it as more "authentic" in terms of being hallmark, some didn't see Black Panther, if done well it could touch on a lot of the same cultural themes (like the first did), and they'll have the opportunity to flesh out the world he's going to operate in before his movie and really build the hype. I know we'll see if built up in Moon Knight some and probably Dr. Strange.