Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Space armor was the closest guess, but dont want to spoil it for anyone. I feel like we'll definitely see this upgrade in his fight with Dracula, which should be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Space armor was the closest guess, but dont want to spoil it for anyone. I feel like we'll definitely see this upgrade in his fight with Dracula, which should be exciting.
    Ehhh. I don’t think I like it. Plus it doesn’t seem like it’s a long term thing, you know?

Mighty Member

I think it could've looked cooler, but I have a feeling we'll see it on the big finale against dracula and all them. Will probably make for a cool fight.

Mighty Member

Two pretty quick feats from the boy-thing blades...pierces straight through silver surfer and causes him pretty severe pain and also starts to immediately burn through black widow's war machine suit.

jason aaron is definitely having fun with Blade.

For anyone keeping score, he's had one of his bloodiest, most entertaining fights with Xarus, took down Ghost Rider with a vampire bite, took down Cosmic Ghost Rider with the breathing gun, and now manages to at least be relevant in a fight with Silver Surfer (something I don't think anyone could have imagined a few years ago).

I think all of this has felt pretty natural too. Aaron has really only relied on Blade's vampire abilities, or supplied equipment upgrades.

Two pretty quick feats from the boy-thing blades...pierces straight through silver surfer and causes him pretty severe pain and also starts to immediately burn through black widow's war machine suit.

For anyone keeping score, he's had one of his bloodiest, most entertaining fights with Xarus, took down Ghost Rider with a vampire bite, took down Cosmic Ghost Rider with the breathing gun, and now manages to at least be relevant in a fight with Silver Surfer (something I don't think anyone could have imagined a few years ago).

I think all of this has felt pretty natural too. Aaron has really only relied on Blade's vampire abilities, or supplied equipment upgrades.
    Was it Boy Thing that also allowed Blade to fly?

Mighty Member

not in that scene there, but yea there's a panel where he flies off on his motorcycle with boy-thing after war of the realms.

not in that scene there, but yea there's a panel where he flies off on his motorcycle with boy-thing after war of the realms.
    How was he able to fly there? Now I do remember the motorcycle instance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    How was he able to fly there? Now I do remember the motorcycle instance.
    maybe he's just jumping?

This looks so cool
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

maybe he's just jumping?
    Maybe, but the wings had me thinking it was flight. Looks cool. I’m looking for an upgrade like that, something permanent, that looks good too.

BANNED

He's done some cool **** with him, yeah. Aaron's Blade has definitely been a highlight of this Avengers run.

Blood and Bloody ashes what is goign on in Avengers?! Is he covered in Boy Thing?!

i know technically he's not Man-Thing jsut a part of him, but this is the most creative anybodies been with that character in years.

Aaron's litterally just throwing dozens of ideas on the page for the MCU to chooses from.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I want blade, but outside of hellstrom... None of those characters.
    I mean what is even the deal here?
    Ffs marvel. Angela?
    Winter Soldier and Spider woman?
    Ugh....
    the pacing is a little off in issue 1 and the team seems random from a distance, but issues #2 and #3 were really funny. The dialogue is very witty and the characters work given the plot of the book so far. This has probably been one of the more surprisiing Blade runs in terms of dialogue.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I wonder if boy-thing armored Blade is his strongest form ever. Switch Blade could do magic and all, but he just stabbed clean through Silver Surfer then blocked one of his attacks.

I wonder if boy-thing armored Blade is his strongest form ever. Switch Blade could do magic and all, but he just stabbed clean through Silver Surfer then blocked one of his attacks.
    in theory Man-Thing is up there with nearly boundless power, and we don't really know where he ranks but he should be able to tap into the same power source.
    The J-man

They do have him interacting with other superhumans, which is what I’ve been hoping for. The vampires will always be there. Have Blade look more useful in the Marvel U besides just slaying vampires. He has the power to sense different kinds of magic. He has over a hundred years of combat experience. He should at least be Wolverines equal. But he was never written that way.