Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Shang-chi's solicitation has him fighting vampires and we got a vampire story in Wolverine. I can see marvel trying out a tomb of Dracula type event next year to get ready for the movie.

Fantastic Member

They went overboard with the British slang for Blade in Zombies. But I was amused.

Also, Blade's line on "give up your humanity so you don't lose your humanity" was perfect, especially coming from him.

Did y'all watch Vampires vs the Bronx on Netflix? They showed some love for Blade.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I never saw this post! Afua Richardson talking about why the Blade book from 2015 never saw the light of day from her perspective: https://www.facebook.com/AfuaNjokiRi...8046513310263/

also her blade design:

To be honest, I really like how Black artists seem to take so much more liberty with Blade's look. This and Ronald Wimberly's are my favorite re-designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Did y'all watch Vampires vs the Bronx on Netflix? They showed some love for Blade.
    Yeah it was cool that they showed him that much love in it.. maybe if they do will see for Wesley can appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I never saw this post! Afua Richardson talking about why the Blade book from 2015 never saw the light of day from her perspective: https://www.facebook.com/AfuaNjokiRi...8046513310263/

also her blade design:

To be honest, I really like how Black artists seem to take so much more liberty with Blade's look. This and Ronald Wimberly's are my favorite re-designs.

Like her designs for blade especially Compared to the artist they first announced of the theories they should’ve just pick her 1st. I disagree with her about the all white creative if you not being problematic it definitely was and still can. Especially at this time and still now so many qualified Especially at this time and still now so many qualified blk creatives would love the opportunity to work on Blade. And I’m still a fan of seeing Fallon Gary/ or a character/Blade kid is similar to her join his support cast. I’d make Dr. Karen Jenson her mother.

Mighty Member

Yea. It's annoying that the series wouldn't be focused on Blade as much, but some of the designs make me wish it had gotten off the ground. Just seeing these unreleased pages too

https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ab&oe=5FA82D72

and villain designs:

the villain designs seem cool

I'm getting a very CW vibe from this concept tho.

There are ways this could be go right and wrong. However, I think its very different to give Blade a daughter and push her then say a much more established character like Wolverine where regardless of what Wolvie's kids do he is evergreen.

Blade's only started to get his shine again in recent years and has spent years in limbo at times.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

the villain designs seem cool

I'm getting a very CW vibe from this concept tho.

There are ways this could be go right and wrong. However, I think its very different to give Blade a daughter and push her then say a much more established character like Wolverine where regardless of what Wolvie's kids do he is evergreen.

Blade's only started to get his shine again in recent years and has spent years in limbo at times.
    I feel like it'd probably be a toned down version of Seeley's book Hack/Slash set in the marvel universe. I think some of those characters carried over would be cool....also Blade having a daughter as an eventual plot to a book would be fine, but like I agree, I don't like it as the central theme for the book.

do you recomend reading Hack/Slash?

So I can't tell if this article is fake or not.

Blade 4K Trailer Arrives, Marvel's Day Walker Is Coming Home for Christmas
    https://movieweb.com/blade-4k-blu-ra...-date-trailer/

Obviously Disney/Marvel has the full rights ot Blade again, but New Line made the only 3 live action movies and New Line is owned by Turner (i.e Warner Brothers). I love Blade but I've seen so many times and its been great idk if a 4k release does anythign for me. I own the VHS (lol) and otherwise I just stream the film or catch it on VOD
    The J-man

Mighty Member

do you recomend reading Hack/Slash?

So I can't tell if this article is fake or not.

Blade 4K Trailer Arrives, Marvel's Day Walker Is Coming Home for Christmas
    https://movieweb.com/blade-4k-blu-ra...-date-trailer/

Obviously Disney/Marvel has the full rights ot Blade again, but New Line made the only 3 live action movies and New Line is owned by Turner (i.e Warner Brothers). I love Blade but I've seen so many times and its been great idk if a 4k release does anythign for me. I own the VHS (lol) and otherwise I just stream the film or catch it on VOD
    Its alright, kinda weird honestly. I read through it after Seeley was announced as the writer.

great to hear Ms. Richardson's experience.

I'm not hung up on the daughter not appearing. I'd rather see Blade be portrayed more prominently.

Extraordinary Member

I like how it seems Fallon starts as a juvenile, rather than a goody two shoes.

I was more curious about who the Mom was going to be, but I'm okay them scrapping this at least for a few years so we get more of a Blade focus
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Blade in Avengers and third issue of Marvel Zombies. Doesn't do much, there's a cool scene where he briefly becomes Sorcerer Supreme, but its only for a panel