Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blade in Avengers and third issue of Marvel Zombies. Doesn't do much, there's a cool scene where he briefly becomes Sorcerer Supreme, but its only for a panel
    Yea some decent art too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I never saw this post! Afua Richardson talking about why the Blade book from 2015 never saw the light of day from her perspective: https://www.facebook.com/AfuaNjokiRi...8046513310263/

also her blade design:

To be honest, I really like how Black artists seem to take so much more liberty with Blade's look. This and Ronald Wimberly's are my favorite re-designs.
    Afua's Blade looks too Caucasian

Wimbley's Blade looks old and wimpy.

Nah that's a no for both of them......we dodged bullets.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Afua's Blade looks too Caucasian

Wimbley's Blade looks old and wimpy.

Nah that's a no for both of them......we dodged bullets.
    i disagree with him looking caucasian..the cheekbones, full lips, and baby dreads up top I think are all pretty dope.

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron really likes playing around with these Blade upgrades. Giving him the breathing gun and a hell-fire shotgun. Then the boy-thing armor, and now briefly sorcerer supreme. I wonder if any of these will stick around?

only Boy-Thing has the potential to be recurring. He legitamtely seems to be part of Blade's crew now. Unless he somehow gets reintegrated with Man-Thing I'd expect to see him again.

The Breathing Gun was a loaned weapon. This current power up is temprorary.

I'm not sure about the Hell-fire shotgun. Technically isn't that a Ghost Rider weapon? Blade's didn't seem to really effect the Hellcharger, so I'm not sure where to rank it, but I guess that's another weapon Blade could use again.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I thought so about the breathing gun too, but when I went back and re-read, Blade is still using it in hell after hellstrom has already told them he's leaving. so he might still have it stowed away somewhere.

aw okay, good catch.

I'm pro everything Aaron's been doing with Blade, from the design to beefing up his arsenal. Well everything outside of him referring to himself as a Vampire, but I digress.

Honestly, since 2015 I thought Marvel's done a better job with Blade. I like how he's presented as more of an expert on the occult and the supernatural. Sure he mainly hunts vampires but when you've been around as long as he has in that profession you've also faced numerous other mystical threats. From Midnight Sun to today Blade's that go to guy.
    The J-man

oh, also that Red Sunlight thing. I'm not a fan and hopefully, other writers ignore it.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    oh, also that Red Sunlight thing. I'm not a fan and hopefully, other writers ignore it.
    for a normally terrestrial character like Blade (unless he's had plenty of off-planet adventures offscreen), I'm wondering just how/why 'red sun radiation' comes into the mix as a weakness.. is it for dhampirs in particular? Obviously he can't get on the cross-universe phone and talk to Mr. Kent about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    for a normally terrestrial character like Blade (unless he's had plenty of off-planet adventures offscreen), I'm wondering just how/why 'red sun radiation' comes into the mix as a weakness.. is it for dhampirs in particular? Obviously he can't get on the cross-universe phone and talk to Mr. Kent about this...
    It's just a story element Aaron randomly pulled with Blade in order to get the Boy-Thing armor. But when you think of Red Sun you think of Superman.
    The J-man

looks like Marvel is still searching for writers for Blade. Better apply while u can
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Cool scene of Blade and Thor talking about how to kill the Phoenix in Avengers. I'm really hope someone picks up on Blade and Angela's storyline. Would love a story arc of Blade messing around in Asgard.

you all should be following Ryan Stegman's Twitter he's tweeted out a few King in Black sketches. Two have had Blade in them and they are awesome!
    The J-man

Mighty Member

They look very cool. I bet he's arguing about the ethics of Krakoa raising people from the dead regularly.

All-New Member

I love the first two Blade movies but the third one is very forgettable.