Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The Blade/Boy-Thing power up can be like one of those anime boosts. He only does it as a last resort because it messes him up/puts boy-thing at risk. I mean I'm curious for how he'll be after this. The boy-thing is burning right through the ironman armor, so it must be doing some severe damage to Blade.

Yeah I like how he's naturally graduated to becoming a monster hunter. Just as you said given his abilities and history it makes sense.

Wolverine sould be 130+ years old, whereas Blade should still be in his 90s.

You're right outside of the Blade anime and that Guggenheim oneshot he really wasn't written like that. I'm glad current Marvel writters appear to be finally getting Blade now.

The J-man

Fantastic Member

Considering the Morbius trailer that has been released, I was curious how people think Blade and Morbius feel toward each other these days?

time to have the boy-thing armor as his next video game suit.

I'm just glad Aaron seems to be having fun with him
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Looks like Blade might finally leave the Avengers after they fight Dracula. He's not on the Empyr cover with the other Avengers. Looks like he gets replaced by Hulkling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Looks like Blade might finally leave the Avengers after they fight Dracula. He's not on the Empyr cover with the other Avengers. Looks like he gets replaced by Hulkling.
    . Well I guess I didn’t expect him to stay permanently. He probably won’t get his own ongoing again until after his movie.

I wonder if he'll borrow Ghost Rider's car for a lengthy stint. Or maybe one of the other Ghost Rider's vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder if he'll borrow Ghost Rider's car for a lengthy stint. Or maybe one of the other Ghost Rider's vehicles.
    I do love that ride. I believe it’s a Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Considering the Morbius trailer that has been released, I was curious how people think Blade and Morbius feel toward each other these days?
    considering how they last left things. I'm sure Blade would try to kill him without a second thought.

Heck Morbius opens his solo slaughtering people. Spider-Man's working with him right now, sort of, but it'd feel like a betrayal of the Blade character for him not to go after Morbius.
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Two pretty quick feats from the boy-thing blades...pierces straight through silver surfer and causes him pretty severe pain and also starts to immediately burn through black widow's war machine suit.

jason aaron is definitely having fun with Blade.

For anyone keeping score, he's had one of his bloodiest, most entertaining fights with Xarus, took down Ghost Rider with a vampire bite, took down Cosmic Ghost Rider with the breathing gun, and now manages to at least be relevant in a fight with Silver Surfer (something I don't think anyone could have imagined a few years ago).

I think all of this has felt pretty natural too. Aaron has really only relied on Blade's vampire abilities, or supplied equipment upgrades.
    I haven't been keeping up but in that scan it mentions how Blade isn't burning up is that his healing factor at work?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I went and watched some of the blade anime... I like him having the few magic spells that he did. I remember reading when he had the darkhold and stole all kind of supernatural powers. I was a good feeling
    to see him go off like that.

Man, I really believe that Blade: Challenger of the Supernatural or Blade: Hunter of the Dark in which he gets a solo book where he deal with all kinds of supernatural threat is a missed opportunity.

How many of you are reading strikeforce?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I haven't been keeping up but in that scan it mentions how Blade isn't burning up is that his healing factor at work?
    Its cause boy-thing burns anything that knows fear. In the scene before he stabs threw silver Surfer and it burns him. Black widow asks how he's not burning and he says he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I went and watched some of the blade anime... I like him having the few magic spells that he did. I remember reading when he had the darkhold and stole all kind of supernatural powers. I was a good feeling
    to see him go off like that.

Man, I really believe that Blade: Challenger of the Supernatural or Blade: Hunter of the Dark in which he gets a solo book where he deal with all kinds of supernatural threat is a missed opportunity.

How many of you are reading strikeforce?
    I wasn’t aware he had spells in the Blade Anime. I only own one or two episodes. What spells could he do?
    And I’m all into strikeforce. I’m going to go back and read the issues that I’ve read in more detail. I’m not as familiar with all the members on the team. I’m still learning about some of them as I read.

Mighty Member

next Avengers out this wednesday. Hoping we get to see more of this boy-thing armor in action.