Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    considering how they last left things. I'm sure Blade would try to kill him without a second thought.

Heck Morbius opens his solo slaughtering people. Spider-Man's working with him right now, sort of, but it'd feel like a betrayal of the Blade character for him not to go after Morbius.
    I don't want any writers having Morbius pwn Blade. I really passionately don't. I'd rather have them not see each other, especially since Marvel's promoting him as a movie character now, you know they won't have him bumped off.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Morbius will defeat Blade, especially given his current condition. I mean, his main weapons are his fangs and his claws, the later of which he won't be able to use if he turns into a giant bat monster.

They probably will meet and fight coming up, especially since that description for the upcoming Morbius issue makes it sound like he will seriously injure Spiderman, something which might see all the Avengers take notice, especially if Morbius goes on a bender afterwards. While the other characters might just try and arrest Morbius, Blade would definitely see it as an opportunity to kill him.

Actually, wow, it has been a pretty long time since they had a scene together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think Morbius will defeat Blade, especially given his current condition. I mean, his main weapons are his fangs and his claws, the later of which he won't be able to use if he turns into a giant bat monster.

They probably will meet and fight coming up, especially since that description for the upcoming Morbius issue makes it sound like he will seriously injure Spiderman, something which might see all the Avengers take notice, especially if Morbius goes on a bender afterwards. While the other characters might just try and arrest Morbius, Blade would definitely see it as an opportunity to kill him.

Actually, wow, it has been a pretty long time since they had a scene together.
    Yea over a decade at this point. Honestly it seems like most of the midnight sons stuff is forgotten in continuity at this point.

Mighty Member

"You’ll see it in all the crazy plans to come, which I’ve already been seeding (look to King Thor #4 for a bit of that), featuring the main, iconic Avengers you know and love and a few other folks you probably wouldn’t expect to see assembling alongside them. Plus a lot more of Blade stabbing things"

Looks like Blade's staying for the next year at least.

Means we won't lose Blade completely when Strikeforce is unfortunately cancelled. Hopefully it can stick around for a full year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    "You’ll see it in all the crazy plans to come, which I’ve already been seeding (look to King Thor #4 for a bit of that), featuring the main, iconic Avengers you know and love and a few other folks you probably wouldn’t expect to see assembling alongside them. Plus a lot more of Blade stabbing things"

Looks like Blade's staying for the next year at least.

Means we won't lose Blade completely when Strikeforce is unfortunately cancelled. Hopefully it can stick around for a full year though.
    You’ve heard some bad news about Strikeforce?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You’ve heard some bad news about Strikeforce?
    No, I was just checking the sales of the most recent one and they're pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    No, I was just checking the sales of the most recent one and they're pretty bad
    Surprised. That was one of my favorite ones. Even the art is way better.

Mighty Member

Surprised. That was one of my favorite ones. Even the art is way better.
    I think it's hard for most comics to pick up readers after losing them without an event or something. Maybe the deadpool issue has that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't want any writers having Morbius pwn Blade. I really passionately don't. I'd rather have them not see each other, especially since Marvel's promoting him as a movie character now, you know they won't have him bumped off.

Look at this fan made.

public photos google

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Look at this fan made.

public photos google
    Hmm... I had my doubts... I don't anymore. I can't wait for the man himself to come around sundown for the next big blade film. I'll be glad to see it and take everyone I know.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

I just feel like Marvel needs to give us a Blade vs Morbius mini. Even if Morbius really shouldn't give Blade too much problem, it would still be fun.

About the Midnight Sons, I wouldn't say that it's been forgotten so much that Marvel just doesn't know what to do with it. It actually has been mentioned quitr a bit over the years, it's just that unlike, say, the Defenders or otherobscure teams, you don't see its former members regularly together or hanging out.

Another problem is that, well, Marvel is using a lot of legacy characters to revitalize certain teams. We haven't really seen them create too many new supernatural characters, so the supernatural niche is sort of made up of older, already more obscure characters who have trouble attracting younger readers.

Now, we do have Robbie Reyes as the new Ghost Rider and interestingly, we do have a vampire-looking kid for the New Warriors mini. What makes the later especially interesting is that his look-the stark white skin and large pointy ears-looks much more akin to Morbius than how Marvel normally portrays classic vampires. And his suit even looks like a more updated take on Morbius's suit.

Mighty Member

Yea boy-thing Blade is definitely the most powerful Blade, or at least right there with SwitchBlade

Extraordinary Member

This issue of Avengers today was fun for Blade. I can't imagine what sort of weird crap is going on with his body after the suit comes off, though.

I still think Switch Blade was the strongest incarnation considering how he walked through Doctor Strange and a Ghost Rider, but the fact that Blade-Thing is trading with heralds and gladiator is crazy. Definitely need to see this skin in Super War.

@Hypestyle I doubt Marvel has Morbius own Blade. End of the day its a Sony movie with a Blade MCU movie on the horizon. Now Marvel would be smart to promote both but Disney would make more money from a successful Blade movie.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I still think Switch Blade was the strongest incarnation considering how he walked through Doctor Strange and a Ghost Rider, but the fact that Blade-Thing is trading with heralds and gladiator is crazy. Definitely need to see this skin in Super War.

@Hypestyle I doubt Marvel has Morbius own Blade. End of the day its a Sony movie with a Blade MCU movie on the horizon. Now Marvel would be smart to promote both but Disney would make more money from a successful Blade movie.
    yea that's what made me re-think. cause didn't switchblade have the powers of Ghost Rider? But Blade cut through Silver Surfer and Gladiator and hurt them pretty badly (although they both recovered quickly).