Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member
    Last edited by Tracks; 01-29-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    yea that's what made me re-think. cause didn't switchblade have the powers of Ghost Rider? But Blade cut through Silver Surfer and Gladiator and hurt them pretty badly (although they both recovered quickly).
    He got a good hit on Silver Surfer mostly by surprise. He got Gladiator because of pure rage and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I wasn’t aware he had spells in the Blade Anime. I only own one or two episodes. What spells could he do?
    And I’m all into strikeforce. I’m going to go back and read the issues that I’ve read in more detail. I’m not as familiar with all the members on the team. I’m still learning about some of them as I read.
    I think midnight is referring to the "Deadly Sword Techniques" that Blade was taught in the anime by Kikyo's master.

Savage Moon: To the enemy, it looks like Blade freezes for a second with his sword in hand. When they go for the kill, the clone will act as if struck and then disappear. The real Blade then cuts them in half from behind before they have a chance to react.

Phantom Moon: Blade whirls around, and the villain is sliced to pieces as they are slashed from many angles at once.

Chaotic Moon: The victim sees Blade unleashing a deadly miasma which homes in on them. When it hits, the illusion falls away with Blade's sword piercing them where they were struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't want any writers having Morbius pwn Blade. I really passionately don't. I'd rather have them not see each other, especially since Marvel's promoting him as a movie character now, you know they won't have him bumped off.
    I don't think Morbius not being killed by Blade will mean he wins the fight. Blade is more likely to win since he has a movie coming out too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think Morbius not being killed by Blade will mean he wins the fight. Blade is more likely to win since he has a movie coming out too.
    Personally, I think Morbius will "fix" himself enough for other characters not to want Blade to kill him. And then Morbius will be sent to Ravencroft.

Really, Blade may hate Morbius, but at this point, it's more of a "I've grown accustomed to you face" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I wasn’t aware he had spells in the Blade Anime. I only own one or two episodes. What spells could he do?
    And I’m all into strikeforce. I’m going to go back and read the issues that I’ve read in more detail. I’m not as familiar with all the members on the team. I’m still learning about some of them as I read.
    Blade learned 3 sword "techniques from his sensei

Now the names differ between the dub and the subs and these aren't the best quality because they are from youtube. You can watch the entire series for free (totally legal) on Crackle last I checked.

This carnage count video is the best quality on youtube and has all the techniques too:
    Deadly Sword Technique #1: Residual Moon or Savage Moon starts at 2:03
    Deadly Sword Technique #2: Phantom Moon or Savage Moon starts at 9:42
    Deadly Sword Technique #3: Chaotic Moon at 14:18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHplsI-0tPs

other clips:

first technique:
    Deadly technique #1/Deadly Sword Technique #1
    Residual Moon // Savage Moon
    skip to 2:03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLABOfFJlE

second technique
    Deadly technique #2/Deadly Sword Technique #2
    Phantom Moon // Savage Moon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3alsxxFBc

third technique
    Deadly Sword Technique #3:
    Chaotic Moon
    skip to 14:18
    The J-man

Mighty Member

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...eforce-2019-6/

new strikeforce preview. not as action packed as Avengers, but the writing is a bit more fun.

Edited Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Blade learned 3 sword "techniques from his sensei

Now the names differ between the dub and the subs and these aren't the best quality because they are from youtube. You can watch the entire series for free (totally legal) on Crackle last I checked.

other clips:

first technique:
    Deadly technique #1/Deadly Sword Technique #1
    Residual Moon // Savage Moon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLABOfFJlE

second technique
    Deadly technique #2/Deadly Sword Technique #2
    Phantom Moon // Savage Moon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3alsxxFBc

third technique
    Deadly Sword Technique #3:
    Chaotic Moon
    skip to 14:18
    This is the kind of power up he should get in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

new strikeforce preview. not as action packed as Avengers, but the writing is a bit more fun.
    Looks good

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think midnight is referring to the "Deadly Sword Techniques" that Blade was taught in the anime by Kikyo's master.

Yep. Magic.

and no... not that I mean to imply the of Chi/Magic/Psionics whatever. . . important.

Just to be clear my intention:

This is the kind of power up he should get in comics.
    That plus the man did use the darkhold for quite cool run.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly I like the swamp thing add on but what I'd "LIKE" is for him to be someone who always has and ace up his sleeve, ala Batman/Panther.

Since he's really willing to use whatever to get the job done.

Silver Flecette shotgun/ Stakes or Nunchucks made from Yggdrasil wood/ Stolen hydra teleport belt/ Doom given "gate gun" that opens a worm hole to the sun.
    Antarctic (Anti-Metal) blade. Shield Plus/Plus unofficial membership because both fury and doom hate vampires.
    and a bunch of things that Dr.Strange really rather he not have. . .

I mean... i want there to be a scene where enraged Strange or Wong shows up post vampire fight like "GIVE IT BACK"... Blade arches an Eyebrow.

Give. It. BACK.

Blade sighs reaches in his coat and extends his hand offering Doc a trinket. Then STRANGE raises both Eyebrows!

Blade quickly tucks it away and hands him a book. Doctor Strange squints his eyes and says... "I could't seem to teleport you away to my sanctum santorum and now I see why. We shall speak of this later Eric."

Next page Blade is cutting down Vampire Aim agents, and hands free on the phone saying
    "No, I mean.. I guess he was outraged believe it or not he didn't even offer to help after that, arrogant as always. I mean to him it all revolves around him. Haha, hell yeah, you know I got you. Right back at you, Remy, Peace "Mon Ami" or "Translated from french" at the bottom.

So yeah just opening up the door to him having "Magical" sword techniques is big game but also for my buck... he has a LOT of alliances with unexpected people and a HUGE amount of "toys" at his disposal.

I really want him to be a "Independent Field Operative" version of "Marvel big Magic guy". whoever that is at the moment. Voodoo or strange. The important part is that he answers to no on and deals with more than "JUST" vampire threats, but... its kind of a spotlight + power up that I don't think they're gonna give him very much. Strikeforce is pretty close but its not blade and his amazing friends like I'm suggesting, likely close enough though.

Can't lie... that does wet the whistle.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

You see, I really don't like Batman. Oftentimes, he feels less like a force of nature than a real character. And I feel like this is something which, in the past, has kept Blade back. It just makes it hard go build a connection with him.

So I really want to get to know Blade as a person.

Mighty Member

Yea, Blade can be more tech-heavy in the movies, but I think I like what they're doing with him in the comics with his magic weaponry. The hell-fire shotgun, the boy-thing armor and swords, the breathing gun...all those are pretty cool. All he started out with those silver-bladed nunchucks.

I would appreciate if Strikeforce went a bit more in depth into Blade's character. I think Tini started out doing that well, but other than Spider-Woman and Wiccan, I don't think the other characters have had as much emotional depth just yet (which is tough with such a large team).

Favorite moments so far are probably Blade assembling the team and most of his interactions with Angela

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You see, I really don't like Batman. Oftentimes, he feels less like a force of nature than a real character. And I feel like this is something which, in the past, has kept Blade back. It just makes it hard go build a connection with him.

So I really want to get to know Blade as a person.
    Huh, do you ALSO dislike black panther? Think of it that way instead then.

But... focusing on getting to know blade as a "Person". Its interesting. . .

In my little fan fiction up there I established both the beginnings of a his dynamic as being both a consternation to Doctor Strange, as well as alluding to a friendship with Gambit, as well as other people.

Just soak in this thought for a second...

Getting to know a character as a "Person".

And

"Being a FORCE of nature on the battlefield"

They aren't mutually exclusive... actually they should NEVER be mutually exclusive. Which sounds like the complaint you're making if I'm reading you correctly.

So I guess what I feel is that it isn't so much that:
    "feels less like a force of nature than a real character. And I feel like this is something which, in the past, has kept Blade back."
    But more a combination of "Neglect"/"Non-investiture" and "Piss-poor writing/vague characterization (being the punisher but for vampires) is whats really held him back.

I mean other than the obvious... Hottest superhero movie up to that point and the comics division chose not to capitalize. If we're completely frank and objective the Last avengers run and strikefore would have been
    amazing in 98/99 but apparently marvel comics publishers/readers weren't ready because ... reasons.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Strikeforce #6 recap

And Blade gets treated like a bitch.

Wasn’t horrible but definitely wasn’t good.