Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The fight was underwhelming, but also I am a little unimpressed with the overall story right now. Maybe it's for a younger audience, but not all the characters are written with depth. Honestly I'd say Wiccan and Spiderwoman are the knoy two written well.

Blade the whole issue was basically saying "the dead should stay dead." Which could be a cool set up for more exploration of how he understands death and all that....but nope

Hellstrum being afraid of Blade was probably the highlight if you're just in it for Blade. Issue was okay I didn't see anybody really punking Blade like we use to get a few years back.

Overall uneventful tho. I mean the pacing of this book has been all over the place. Issue #1 was a mess with entirely too much going on and i was confusing. I liked issues 2 and 3. After that the other issues were okay. The highlight of this book is basically the funny dialogue and character interactions, kind of reminds me of Bendis, but different. The pacing and plotting varies greatly from issue to issue. I like the concepts overall. I think you could pluck out some ideas and make a great cartoon/tv show or even movie.

Still I've adjusted my expectations for this title and the last two issues have pretty much fell in line with my expectations. I don't expect more then some funny dialogue and character interactions, which is nice because then I get surprised every now and then by a generally cool moment. Not sure how long this title will last, but I still think the overall concept for this book is very interesting, just not sure where Tini is ultimately going to take things. Feels like things are either about to be resolved with the purple people or its gonna spin into some other huge problem.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Hellstrum being afraid of Blade was probably the highlight if you're just in it for Blade. Issue was okay I didn't see anybody really punking Blade like we use to get a few years back.

Overall uneventful tho. I mean the pacing of this book has been all over the place. Issue #1 was a mess with entirely too much going on and i was confusing. I liked issues 2 and 3. After that the other issues were okay. The highlight of this book is basically the funny dialogue and character interactions, kind of reminds me of Bendis, but different. The pacing and plotting varies greatly from issue to issue. I like the concepts overall. I think you could pluck out some ideas and make a great cartoon/tv show or even movie.

Still I've adjusted my expectations for this title and the last two issues have pretty much fell in line with my expectations. I don't expect more then some funny dialogue and character interactions, which is nice because then I get surprised every now and then by a generally cool moment. Not sure how long this title will last, but I still think the overall concept for this book is very interesting, just not sure where Tini is ultimately going to take things. Feels like things are either about to be resolved with the purple people or its gonna spin into some other huge problem.
    You’re right about what Hellstrom said. But Blade got ragdolled by the chic with her only using one hand. She caught his sword her bare hand. She’s class 10, and probably not as fast as he is. Brooks is supposed to be a little less than Spiderman, right? There is no consistency or accuracy with Blades powers and feats. It’s Guggenheim’s fault imo. He should amend his statement on Blade.

Well she did throw other people around too, so....

Mighty Member

We'll see how Tini writes him with Deadpool. We already know how Blade compares to Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    We'll see how Tini writes him with Deadpool. We already know how Blade compares to Deadpool.
    no. please don't write Blade with Deadpool. About the only thing I'm interested in is Blade slicing his head off or blasting him point blank with a shotgun. I don't see Blade tolerating DP's relentless snark and edgelord meta commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no. please don't write Blade with Deadpool. About the only thing I'm interested in is Blade slicing his head off or blasting him point blank with a shotgun. I don't see Blade tolerating DP's relentless snark and edgelord meta commentary.
    It’s kind of funny sometimes. I even liked Deadpool a little more for it. He’s crankin out jokes while Blade throws him through walls and shows off his speed. And Deadpool is a credible opponent, no?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well it's already guaranteed for the next issue of Strikeforce. They're going to monster island where deadpool is

BANNED

Just want to let you all know that Wesley Snipes has written an Urban Fantasy novel called Talon Of God.

I purchased it on Kindle earlier today, and so far, it's made for pretty good reading.

Thanks for the heads up Maj

I'm kind of tired of Deadpool with certain authors, but the last Blade and Deadpool adventure was great, with Dracula and the succubus. Blade was acctually treated pretty well and totally outclassed Deadpool when they fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You’re right about what Hellstrom said. But Blade got ragdolled by the chic with her only using one hand. She caught his sword her bare hand. She’s class 10, and probably not as fast as he is. Brooks is supposed to be a little less than Spiderman, right? There is no consistency or accuracy with Blades powers and feats. It’s Guggenheim’s fault imo. He should amend his statement on Blade.
    Wasn't that Moonstone tho? Isn't she midtier? I remember she was going up against Carol Danvers in the 00s. Plus she was pretty much doing that to everyone till Angela showed up. It's kind of surprising she caught the sword like that I guess but she should be stronger then Spider-Man unless I'm mistaken.

I'm just thinking back to the days of Curse of the Mutants or Guggenheim's run or some other one-shots where Blade pretty much had mediocre or bad showings throughout.

For the most part Blade's had decent showings in this run even this issue. So I didn't think he got lowballed compared to all the other characters.

I think Blade went through a very inconsistent stretch for a number of years, but I think 616 Marvel started to do a better job with him in 2013, with Al Ewings Mighty Avengers. Then we got Deadpool's the Gauntlet, which was also a better showing then Blade had gotten in years. After that Blade had a few random cameos (Wolverine, Defenders) then we got Spirits of Vengeance, which was solid. And now he's on the Avengers and Strike Force.

Prior to those titlwa Blade had been so very inconsistent. He had the Tomb of Dracula mini in 2004, then the Guggenheim run, followed by a few cameos, Captain Britain & MI13 and Curse of the Mutants etc. . At least now I feel like he's consistently written as the dhampir he's suppose to be. I've got some issue with Aaron referring to him as a vampire in Avengers, because lets face it Blade doesn't think of himself that way, but other then that he’s been more consistent then he’s been in years. And *knock on wood* I hope it continues.
    The J-man

I'm kind of tired of Deadpool with certain authors, but the last Blade and Deadpool adventure was great, with Dracula and the succubus. Blade was acctually treated pretty well and totally outclassed Deadpool when they fought.

Wasn't that Moonstone tho? Isn't she midtier? I remember she was going up against Carol Danvers in the 00s. Plus she was pretty much doing that to everyone till Angela showed up. It's kind of surprising she caught the sword like that I guess but she should be stronger then Spider-Man unless I'm mistaken.

I'm just thinking back to the days of Curse of the Mutants or Guggenheim's run or some other one-shots where Blade pretty much had mediocre or bad showings throughout.

For the most part Blade's had decent showings in this run even this issue. So I didn't think he got lowballed compared to all the other characters.

I think Blade went through a very inconsistent stretch for a number of years, but I think 616 Marvel started to do a better job with him in 2013, with Al Ewings Mighty Avengers. Then we got Deadpool's the Gauntlet, which was also a better showing then Blade had gotten in years. After that Blade had a few random cameos (Wolverine, Defenders) then we got Spirits of Vengeance, which was solid. And now he's on the Avengers and Strike Force.

Prior to those titlwa Blade had been so very inconsistent. He had the Tomb of Dracula mini in 2004, then the Guggenheim run, followed by a few cameos, Captain Britain & MI13 and Curse of the Mutants etc. . At least now I feel like he's consistently written as the dhampir he's suppose to be. I've got some issue with Aaron referring to him as a vampire in Avengers, because lets face it Blade doesn't think of himself that way, but other then that he’s been more consistent then he’s been in years. And *knock on wood* I hope it continues.
    You might be right about Moonstone. But, to a fault, like many including Blade, I refer to her wiki to figure out where her strength is. There it says she’s class 10, and around peak human speed. I haven’t seen her in action much so she could be stronger. And when you have a variety of characters like this, with so many different abilities, it’s hard to put each on display at their appropriate power levels. But maybe they could find a way to show what each one does best so you can make the distinction. I get Spectrum, Wiccan, and Spider Woman. But Blade just seems like a normal tough guy with a sword. Winter Soldier with the Sniper was cool, but he needs more attention. Hellstrom has looked powerful. So it varies. I just want them all to seem useful in different ways.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You might be right about Moonstone. But, to a fault, like many including Blade, I refer to her wiki to figure out where her strength is. There it says she’s class 10, and around peak human speed. I haven’t seen her in action much so she could be stronger. And when you have a variety of characters like this, with so many different abilities, it’s hard to put each on display at their appropriate power levels. But maybe they could find a way to show what each one does best so you can make the distinction. I get Spectrum, Wiccan, and Spider Woman. But Blade just seems like a normal tough guy with a sword. Winter Soldier with the Sniper was cool, but he needs more attention. Hellstrom has looked powerful. So it varies. I just want them all to seem useful in different ways.
    I think that's my biggest issue. Aaron's Avengers havent had the most complex plots, but he gets so creative with his characters' powers and makes all of them seem indispensable winter soldier has had a few cool moments, but not moments that could only come from winter soldier (I'm thinking of when he picked out the real Satanna). None of the threats have really pushed this team. So most of the action scenes are just them beating up fodder.

Eytan

Prior to those titlwa Blade had been so very inconsistent. He had the Tomb of Dracula mini in 2004, then the Guggenheim run, followed by a few cameos, Captain Britain & MI13 and Curse of the Mutants etc. . At least now I feel like he's consistently written as the dhampir he's suppose to be. I've got some issue with Aaron referring to him as a vampire in Avengers, because lets face it Blade doesn't think of himself that way, but other then that heÂ’s been more consistent then heÂ’s been in years. And *knock on wood* I hope it continues.
    Before the movies, I knew nothing about Blade as a character. Despite the fact, I'm a Marvel fan and that I've been reading their books since my childhood. Yes, Marvel been very inconsistent with Blade to say the least. None of Blade appearences on the books are on part with the first 2 movies. The character been poorly written and drawn. Why?

We really have to thank Stephen Norrington, Wesley Snipes and all the people at New Line who work on the first film for bringing back and re-invent the character. They made him into a complex and appealing anti-hero.

I would like the people at Marvel to do their best to work at the level of the films. Given the popularity, Blade has gained after the films, I would like Marvel to hire the right creative team to work on a Blade comic book. Maybe Jason Aaron is the right guy for that. The last one shot by Marc Guggenheim and Dave Wilkins is, in my opinion, the only book a Blade fan should read. In 2006 Guggenheim gave us some books better written than everything made before, but I think is most recent work is his best.

If it is so difficult for Marvel to pull off a good Blade comic book without Wolverine, can they do better job on a blockbuster movie? I hope so. But, I have doubts. Before the Avengers movies, I saw Marvel experiment different storylines on the Ultimates. Most of the stuff on the Ultimates are used in the Avengers first 2 movies. Why not doing the same process for Blade?

I would like us, as fan of Blade, to ask Marvel comics to do more. Thanks to fans persistence, Marvel studios has decide to give us a new movie. Maybe Marvel comics need the same kind of pressure.

Mighty Member

There are a few rumors that Ghost Rider (Alejandra) will appear in Blade's movie. I doubt all of these rumors this early on though, they've rumored just about everyone appearing in this movie (Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Vampire by Night, Deacon Frost, and Dracula).

General question in the downtime: What's your favorite Blade fight?

For me Blade vs. the Shadow Colonel (Xarus) might be my favorite, just in terms of how visceral it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    There are a few rumors that Ghost Rider (Alejandra) will appear in Blade's movie. I doubt all of these rumors this early on though, they've rumored just about everyone appearing in this movie (Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Vampire by Night, Deacon Frost, and Dracula).

General question in the downtime: What's your favorite Blade fight?

For me Blade vs. the Shadow Colonel (Xarus) might be my favorite, just in terms of how visceral it was.
    Either Blade vs. Deadpool. Or Blade vs. Spitfire I think.