Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The Spider-Office should send Kaine Parker to the X-Office as a member of X-Force. That would keep him in the spotlight as part of the team...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Spider-Office should send Kaine Parker to the X-Office as a member of X-Force. That would keep him in the spotlight as part of the team...
    I once had a similar idea, but it was in an A/U where the Facility that created X-23 hired Kaine to retrieve her, only Kaine decided to become her protector instead after having an attack of conscience over the idea of returning her to the environment where she was dehumanized and treated as "nothing but a weapon." The context for Kaine joining X-Force would have been, on his part, to spare Laura (X-23's actual name, given by her mother in her dying moments) from once again being used as a weapon, even if by "the good guys."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

But... he’s not a mutant....

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Neither was Spider-Man, but Wolverine trusted him to teach a special class of mutant students after he died (and help ferret out a traitor who was selling them out to Mister Sinister), so . . .

Astonishing Member

The original X-Men did invite Spider-Man to join. He declined after his bad experiences with The Avengers. This was during the Stan Lee and Steve Ditko era. Peter would make a better fit with the X-Men. He would get along well with Scott Summers, Prof. Xavier, and Hank McCoy respectively.

Kaine Parker would get along well with Cable and the X-Force due to shared experiences of being an outcast by society...

The original X-Men did invite Spider-Man to join. He declined after his bad experiences with The Avengers. This was during the Stan Lee and Steve Ditko era. Peter would make a better fit with the X-Men. He would get along well with Scott Summers, Prof. Xavier, and Hank McCoy respectively.

Kaine Parker would get along well with Cable and the X-Force due to shared experiences of being an outcast by society...
    And being willing to do "what's necessary" to defend the innocent from evil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And being willing to do "what's necessary" to defend the innocent from evil.
    That's Kaine's persona....

Astonishing Member

They could put him on Excalibur, they're the sole X-men team with a tradition of having non-mutants. But he really should be somewhere else, not sure where. The Avengers? Slingers? Defenders? Thunderbolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They could put him on Excalibur, they're the sole X-men team with a tradition of having non-mutants. But he really should be somewhere else, not sure where. The Avengers? Slingers? Defenders? Thunderbolts?
    Slingers if we're keeping him in the Spider-Man family, but I could see Thunderbolts if we're branching out into the rest of the MU. Given Kaine's past, he'd definitely be a shoo-in for any version of the Thunderbolts that was serious about atoning for their former lives of criminality/villainy.

Slingers if we're keeping him in the Spider-Man family, but I could see Thunderbolts if we're branching out into the rest of the MU. Given Kaine's past, he'd definitely be a shoo-in for any version of the Thunderbolts that was serious about atoning for their former lives of criminality/villainy.
    I won't even get into the dream that would be a revamped Slingers featuring Kaine --

I could totally see Kaine on a Thunderbolts team -- didn't he appear in like one issue of the original series for a single panel?

However, since Damnation I've also enjoyed the idea of both Ben and Kaine acting as a brother combo as part of a revamped Defenders team led by Dr. Strange.

Interesting that New Warriors wasn't mentioned as a destination: have Ben and Kaine outgrown that team in some way?

-Pav, who wonders where Aracely is...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I won't even get into the dream that would be a revamped Slingers featuring Kaine --

I could totally see Kaine on a Thunderbolts team -- didn't he appear in like one issue of the original series for a single panel?

However, since Damnation I've also enjoyed the idea of both Ben and Kaine acting as a brother combo as part of a revamped Defenders team led by Dr. Strange.

Interesting that New Warriors wasn't mentioned as a destination: have Ben and Kaine outgrown that team in some way?

That's what I'd like to know, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

New Warriors are super obscure and less linked to Spider-man than the Slingers. Do they even have a title now? I'm not sure Kaine would fit in with them, though that may be fun story wise. Ben's bean on the team before, Kaine would be something else entirely.

New Warriors are super obscure and less linked to Spider-man than the Slingers. Do they even have a title now? I'm not sure Kaine would fit in with them, though that may be fun story wise. Ben's bean on the team before, Kaine would be something else entirely.
    Kaine was also a New Warrior back in Chris Yost's New Warriors series, which took place immediately after the conclusion of Yost's Scarlet Spider run.

Astonishing Member

Kaine was also a New Warrior back in Chris Yost's New Warriors series, which took place immediately after the conclusion of Yost's Scarlet Spider run.
    Oh, then I take that back. LOL New Warriors would suit him.

Oh, then I take that back. LOL New Warriors would suit him.
    It's cool. Series was back in 2014.