Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That looks like its from around the Clone Saga era with the style
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    That looks like its from around the Clone Saga era with the style
    Correct. 1995, to be exact. And here's the cover:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. 1995, to be exact. And here's the cover:

I don't have that one yet, hopefully I can still get the trade at a reasonable price.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I don't have that one yet, hopefully I can still get the trade at a reasonable price.
    There are two trades that have it. Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 7: Back to the Future --- Shock! from the 2014-2017 run by Peter David, and Spider-Man 2099 vs. Venom 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Anyone know if there's a final trade coming to complete the original 90s run?

SM 2099 vs Venom 2099 trade had up to issue 38 so I think it ran to 46? and then 8 issues of 2099 World of tomorrow I assume will finish the trade.

Astonishing Member

One of my favorite things about Miguel is that he arguably represents diversity of diversity. I love the fact that he rejects certain aspects of his culture (i.e. the Catholicism and religious values) without rejecting his culture entirely or being bigoted towards it. As someone who comes from a very religious culture and questioned a lot of it growing up, I appreciate the fact Miguel went through the same thing and isn't portrayed like a sellout or ignoramus about his culture.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with a character like Kitty Pryde or Kamala Khan who choose to embrace some of their family's religious values. But I think the existence of someone like Miguel is important too. Otherwise it would create this false narrative that only white men have a rebellious streak in them and the ability to be great scientists.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-14-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    One of my favorite things about Miguel is that he arguably represents diversity of diversity. I love the fact that he rejects certain aspects of his culture (i.e. the Catholicism and religious values) without rejecting his culture entirely or being bigoted towards it. As someone who comes from a very religious culture and questioned a lot of it growing up, I appreciate the fact Miguel went through the same thing and isn't portrayed like a sellout or ignoramus about his culture.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with a character like Kitty Pryde or Kamala Khan who choose to embrace some of their family's religious values. But I think the existence of someone like Miguel is important too. Otherwise it would create this false narrative that only white men have a rebellious streak in them and the ability to be great scientists.
    That's actually a pretty good point, although in the world of 2099, religion isn't so much of a major factor in society like it would be even now, aside from worshipping the superheroes of the 20th/early 21st century, which is largely treated as something for the poor and downtrodden who've been trampled underfoot by the megacorps and their enforcers and desperately need something to believe in. It'd almost be "opium of the masses" if not for the (accidental) recreation of actual superheroes that give those downtrodden masses something to inspire them and rally around, much to Miguel's annoyance since he isn't looking to be anyone's savior and his motives for opposing Alchemax are rooted (at first) mostly in personal revenge. I think that's an interesting twist for his character, that in his own way, Miguel is just as burdened by responsibility as Peter Parker is, but his burden comes from the expectations of others and the corrupted future society around him, as opposed to Peter's more self-imposed guilt.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Anyone know if there's a final trade coming to complete the original 90s run?

SM 2099 vs Venom 2099 trade had up to issue 38 so I think it ran to 46? and then 8 issues of 2099 World of tomorrow I assume will finish the trade.
    No one but the Collections Dept but one would think this far along that surely, surely it will all be completed with an eye towards Omnis &/or Epics down the road.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Did Spider-Man 2099 return to his own timeline?

yeah then it became 2100 but then Spencer did this whole 2099 event which didnt do anything I guess and its back to the year 2099
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah then it became 2100 but then Spencer did this whole 2099 event which didnt do anything I guess and its back to the year 2099
    Also Miguel is back in the present with Tempest and their child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Haven't thougth about that before, but yeah, is actually a pretty good point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

So I finally got around to reading last year 2099 event and I'm not sure what to think to be honest,it's weird how the spider-man crossover stuff both feel like you need to read it, but it's also highly tangential to what's going on in the Spider-man plot, but it's pretty critical to the little ammount of plot in the compagnion book, since most of them are character pitches (some of them hit, other misses at that level)

I find Nick Spenser's Miguel O'Hara to be rather underwhelming, he comes across as a lot more bland, lacking Miguel acidic wit, plus he has a bad case of Peter-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    So I finally got around to reading last year 2099 event and I'm not sure what to think to be honest,it's weird how the spider-man crossover stuff both feel like you need to read it, but it's also highly tangential to what's going on in the Spider-man plot, but it's pretty critical to the little ammount of plot in the compagnion book, since most of them are character pitches (some of them hit, other misses at that level)

I find Nick Spenser's Miguel O'Hara to be rather underwhelming, he comes across as a lot more bland, lacking Miguel acidic wit, plus he has a bad case of Peter-face.
    That was also the problem with Exiles' Miguel/Spider-Man 2099; the writer(s) just handled him as "Peter Parker, but from the future!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was also the problem with Exiles' Miguel/Spider-Man 2099; the writer(s) just handled him as "Peter Parker, but from the future!"

While Miguel being bland I think I'm more bothered by the side way cast is handled because, Gabriel get kill, Dana don't do anything, Lyla as redesign that's painfuly averge and lack the quirk that made her fun to read

Also man do they overplay the Thorites