View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    LOL

Where did this take place again? Scene feels so familiar.
    it was during Tom King's I am Gotham story, towards the end I think.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

LOL

Where did this take place again? Scene feels so familiar.
    The art reminds me of Mikel Janin so maybe King's run on Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The art reminds me of Mikel Janin so maybe King's run on Batman?
    indeed, iirc it's David Finch tho
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah it's Finch
    Also right before that
    "Are you okay? Are you gonna kill me? Maybe answer that last one first?"

Astonishing Member

One of the things that was frustrating about King's run was that he could write Duke well if he wanted to, yet he had Duke and completely wasted having him.

so I hopped onto my Duke fan Twitter and asked Brandon Thomas if he could reveal his Outsiders roster. his answer is pretty interesting given the context of that particular twitter's content.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    so I hopped onto my Duke fan Twitter and asked Brandon Thomas if he could reveal his Outsiders roster. his answer is pretty interesting given the context of that particular twitter's content.

Oohh.

I know it's best not to let oneself get too hyped for hearsay, especially since he couldn't legally saying anything more specific or concrete. But that he even responded is a good sign unto itself. (I can always appreciate it when fan and creators interact in positive encounters; we need all the good counterpoints we can get.)

So, maybe...
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-25-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Oohh.

I know it's best not to let oneself get to hyped for hearsay, especially since he couldn't legally saying anything more specific or concrete. But that he even responded is a good sign unto itself. (I can always appreciate it when fan and creators interact in positive encounters; we need all the good counterpoints we can get.)

So, maybe...
    I feel you, you being hella rational, but I'm manifesting! I'm putting Future State!Duke Thomas energy out into the universe LOL I'm gonna enjoy it both ways, I'm already a massive fan of Brandon Thomas's Excellence series so I'm just happy to see him writing for DC at all; him on Duke would just be the icing. icing ripped straight from my dreams, but icing nonetheless.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    oh yeah, I like where all of this could be going! almost universally, Duke has been the most positive thing to come out of most Robin King reviews so this makes sense. If DC can pull off Duke coming out of Robin King well received, getting his Dark Multiverse story, possibly pop up in Future State, and then get another shot at a limited series? nah, see NOW I feel like I gotta check myself; I want all of this to happen too bad! I should probably go back to fixing his wiki just in case.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I feel you, you being hella rational, but I'm manifesting! I'm putting Future State!Duke Thomas energy out into the universe LOL I'm gonna enjoy it both ways, I'm already a massive fan of Brandon Thomas's Excellence series so I'm just happy to see him writing for DC at all; him on Duke would just be the icing. icing ripped straight from my dreams, but icing nonetheless.
    Well, The Signal's story in Robin King has been such a cleanser from Duke's Outsider/Hill tenure that I can't fault any fan of the character for being optimistic and positive after haven read it. That's just how much good vibes those few pages released in Duke's favor!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    oh yeah, I like where all of this could be going! almost universally, Duke has been the most positive thing to come out of most Robin King reviews so this makes sense. If DC can pull off Duke coming out of Robin King well received, getting his Dark Multiverse story, possibly pop up in Future State, and then get another shot at a limited series? nah, see NOW I feel like I gotta check myself; I want all of this to happen too bad! I should probably go back to fixing his wiki just in case.
    Oh please! Let this be something! Let this lead into something! Something good for Duke and his crew! Please!!!

Astonishing Member

By the way, lemonpeace, would you mind linking/quote some of them Robin King reviews?

By the way, lemonpeace, would you mind linking/quote some of them Robin King reviews?
    I haven't been reading too many official reviews for it, I'm basing it more on the fans' review of the story. most people I've been weren't too big on the main story but I've only heard good things about Duke. I should check more official reviews see how he's being received in the listicle/blogosphere.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I haven't been reading too many official reviews for it, I'm basing it more on the fans' review of the story. most people I've been weren't too big on the main story but I've only heard good things about Duke. I should check more official reviews see how he's being received in the listicle/blogosphere.
    Ah, so fan circles. Wonder which ones?

EDIT: Dang! Definitely not here outside of this thread. Just checked the first 3 pages of the Batman Forums, and no thread on the Robin King oneshot in anyway.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-25-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Ah, so fan circles. Wonder which ones?

EDIT: Dang! Definitely not here outside of this thread. Just checked the first 3 pages of the Batman Forums, and no thread on the Robin King oneshot in anyway.
    i believe there was a Robin King thread in the DC section, most people over there hated the main story but the ones who brought up Duke's story (you know the older heads probably skipped it) liked it more than the main story. I saw a couple rumblings here and there on the usual random fandom hotspots like reddit and tumblr who felt similarly; disappointed with the main story but more or less enjoyed Duke's. unless I have selective blindness, I don't think I've see anything bad being said about Duke's story.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-25-2020 at 01:36 PM.

currently following: