Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 444
  1. #406

    Default

    Any thoughts on Duke potentially being the Red X of Future state? The character could be anyone so its fun thinking of the possibilities.

    The Robin King special works better if you care about Robin King already or had been keeping up with Death Metal. I did neither so it was confusing at first. I liked Duke's bit for what it was- a backup like his stint in All Star Batman.

  2. #407
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    i believe there was a Robin King thread in the DC section, most people over there hated the main story but the ones who brought up Duke's story (you know the older heads probably skipped it) liked it more than the main story. I saw a couple rumblings here and there on the usual random fandom hotspots like reddit and tumblr who felt similarly; disappointed with the main story but more or less enjoyed Duke's. unless I have selective blindness, I don't think I've see anything bad being said about Duke's story.
    I'll go look for the thread in the DC section, then.

  3. #408
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Any thoughts on Duke potentially being the Red X of Future state? The character could be anyone so its fun thinking of the possibilities.

    The Robin King special works better if you care about Robin King already or had been keeping up with Death Metal. I did neither so it was confusing at first. I liked Duke's bit for what it was- a backup like his stint in All Star Batman.
    I recall someone, might have been lemonpeace, who brought up the speculation for funsies. That said, unlike with Bao/Clownhunter, not sure how likely it would actually be. I also don't imagine I'd be able to like it very much (not unless they really sold me on having Duke not expand and double down on being The Signal, at least).

  4. #409
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'll go look for the thread in the DC section, then.
    did a quick google search for reviews of Robin King that mention Duke specifically, most that popped up track with what I was saying.

    https://batman-news.com/2020/10/20/d...king-1-review/

    https://geekdad.com/2020/10/review-d...-of-youth/amp/

    https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...comics-tomasi/

    https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/10...-robin-king-1/

    when i Google'd just Robin King reviews, you see couple more positive reviews of the book overall (they aren't all the in-depth in some of their reviews) but the praise for Duke's story is consistent when mentioned still.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-25-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  5. #410
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    did a quick google search for reviews of Robin King that mention Duke specifically, most that popped up track with what I was saying.

    https://batman-news.com/2020/10/20/d...king-1-review/

    https://geekdad.com/2020/10/review-d...-of-youth/amp/

    https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...comics-tomasi/

    https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/10...-robin-king-1/

    when i Google'd just Robin King reviews, you see couple more positive reviews of the book overall (they aren't all the in-depth in some of their reviews) but the praise for Duke's story is consistent when mentioned still.
    Cool! And good finds!

  6. #411
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Any thoughts on Duke potentially being the Red X of Future state? The character could be anyone so its fun thinking of the possibilities.

    The Robin King special works better if you care about Robin King already or had been keeping up with Death Metal. I did neither so it was confusing at first. I liked Duke's bit for what it was- a backup like his stint in All Star Batman.
    I jokingly threw out that theory before, iunno if I'd be for it. I don't think the Red X persona fits him, but I love both characters so I can't say I'd HAATED the concept. However, apparently Red X is a former student of the Titans/Teen Titans, so, unless Duke started popping up on the Titans or under their leadership in during the timeskip, I don't think it's him.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  7. #412
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    You can find some professional or semi-professional critics here : https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...l/robin-king-1

    They don't always speak about the Duke's section, but it seems to be well-liked here too.

  8. #413
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You can find some professional or semi-professional critics here : https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...l/robin-king-1

    They don't always speak about the Duke's section, but it seems to be well-liked here too.
    Nice! And yeah, some of 'em don't talk about Duke's story. One guy even put it in the negative column, even if they do say it isn't one but just a question (still comes off as "ehhh" to me). The Blerd review doesn't even acknowledge the part of the story with the actual Black protagonist Hero in it, too.


    EDIT: From what I could briefly gather, in that list of reviews, those top ones that gave Robin King high ratings didn't focus much on the backup. They either didn't acknowledge it, just kind of breezed over it in passing, or kinda underplayed it and why Duke's fans found it as awesome as we did. Didn't go too far down, though, but I wonder if the trend would have inverted the lower the main scores were?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-25-2020 at 11:47 PM.

  9. #414
    Fantastic Member Rebeca Armus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    359

    Default

    *Duke has a toy*
    Hi! I want to share this art
    123214510_3648125015252220_296150479202981937_o.jpg

    and this comment
    121008212_3585261231538599_8490413468595585255_o - Copia.jpg

    I am a fan of Damian and love his interaction with Duke...

    Please, check my ig for more weekly batfamily comic strips. (^-^)/
    http://https://www.instagram.com/rebeca_armus/
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 10-29-2020 at 12:55 PM.

  10. #415
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    *Duke has a toy*
    Hi! I want to share this art
    123214510_3648125015252220_296150479202981937_o.jpg

    and this comment
    121008212_3585261231538599_8490413468595585255_o - Copia.jpg

    I am a fan of Damian and love his interaction with Duke...

    Please, check my ig for more weekly batfamily comic strips. (^-^)/
    http://https://www.instagram.com/rebeca_armus/

    Nice!

    The comments are a little hard to read, since the image is embedded locally into the post rather than from the image's source (imgur, or whatever). Doing the former tends to make the images compressed.

  11. #416
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    An article about our boy : https://www.cbr.com/death-metal-signal-powers-restored/

    And also, thanks for the picture Rebeca !

  12. #417
    Fantastic Member Rebeca Armus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice!

    The comments are a little hard to read, since the image is embedded locally into the post rather than from the image's source (imgur, or whatever). Doing the former tends to make the images compressed.

    Sorry for the low quality '^^
    this is the post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CE6urFEgBVD/
    the comment was:
    fatosflash: aeeeeh Duke has a Mc toy
    my answer:
    rebeca_armus: @fatosflash BatBurger saw how popular he is becoming since he appears in the day, they concluded that the signal is a good example for kids as a hero that don't works in bedtime, use body protections and is not scary, he is the only with powers, so he has a special appeals, The Signal is also a chance for representative, so they thought... "MONEEEYYYYY".

  13. #418
    Fantastic Member Rebeca Armus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    An article about our boy : https://www.cbr.com/death-metal-signal-powers-restored/

    And also, thanks for the picture Rebeca !
    I am being sooo lazy for reading Metal :/ How is this for you? I also need to read Batman Who Laughs, looks like will be important.

  14. #419
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    ok, so I'm back to working on Duke's wiki and
    I've been updating his powers and abilities section. let me know if this is coherent
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-30-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  15. #420
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ok, so I'm back to working on Duke's wiki and
    I've been updating his powers and abilities section. let me know if this is coherent
    Wanted to make a edit to the sentence structure, 'cause I was motivated for a sec, but see that I cannot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •