View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was thinking about different ways Duke's powers could be applied, I was wondering how far i could push his powers just based on the nature of his powers, and I landed on a couple ideas. first one is simple, he draws in, more or less absorbing, sunlight through his eyes so if you push that to an absurd degree he could rob Superman of his powers by snatching the sunlight from his body with a glance; hit 'em with that Aizawa mid-flight. the second idea came to be when thinking about his shadow powers, let's say the shadow ability isn't him spreading darkness but instead is an extension of his photokinetic eye abilities and he's now taking in light with his entire body, then naturally his ability to process light should expand as well. so my idea, if his body is taking sunlight from around him and then he should be able to manipulate the way he processes that light and achieve a form of photosynthesis
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-07-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."