View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Gotta hand it to Tumblr for keeping a dedicated Duke Thomas fanbase over there!

Bring on the fanworks!

Default Day One: Day vs Night

The theme od Day One was "Day vs Night":
    Quote Originally Posted by @duketectivecomics
    What does it mean for Duke to be a Daytime Defender instead of a Nighttime Protector?

by @chiarakato

by @vampire24

by @coravao
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Default Day Two: Gotham Pride

The theme of Day Two was "Gotham Pride":
    Got LGBTQ+ Headcanons for Duke? Now’s the time to share em!

by @gothmotharts

by @mrdinoart

trans flag edit by @thatbatneedstherapy
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-07-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Default Day Three: We are Robin

The theme of Day Three was "We are Robin":
    The Run that started it all. A time to pay homage to Duke & his round of Robins.

all photosets by @vampire24

currently following:

Default Day Four: Reverse Robin

The theme of Day Four was "Reverse Robin":
    (Known also as the Age Swap AU) While Duke might be the latest addition to the batfam, this AU begs the question: What if he had been the first instead?

by @robiinjason

by @gothmotharts

by @secondtolastrow
    Quote Originally Posted by secondtolastrow
    [ID: a drawing of a young Duke Thomas and an older Damian Wayne from the waist up. Duke is a young teenager with dark skin, short, natural black hair, and a slim build. Damian is a young man with spiky black hair, light brown skin, and piercing green eyes. They are walking together, and Duke has pulled back slightly, smiling up at Damian, who looks back at him with a raised eyebrow, but otherwise neutral expression.]

“Wait, you’re telling me you’ve never heard of Cheese Viking?” | Some Duke with his new big brother Damian for Duke Week Day Four: Reverse Robin.

currently following:

Default Day Five: Leadership

The theme of Day Five was "Leadership":
    Duke’s more than proved his mettle as the leader of his Robins. Now it’s time to explore what that means.

by @ vampire24

this day was mainly written posts (likely due to the character-driven nature of the theme), this was the only one with visual accompaniment.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-07-2020 at 08:27 PM.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The theme of Day Three was "We are Robin":

all photosets by @vampire24
    Holy crumb! These are beautiful! <3 (And I know I've said this before, but I swear I need to re-read We Are Robin.)

Vampire24 was spot on on everything they said! I especially found Troy's section insightful. Vampire24 also makes a strong point when they mention the missed opportunity of having Duke connect his trauma at the hands of Karma with the trauma he experienced from failing to prevent Troy's death. It's an example of what could have been if that plotline was executed with care and respect towards Duke's character that he was due.

By the way, lemonpeace, if you find their follow-up posts on Troy and Duke-related stuff, would you post them here, too, please?

EDIT: And believe me, I love insightful written content same as I do visual. Don't be shy posting them, either!

Default Day Six: All in the Batfamily

The theme of Day Six was "All in the Batfamily":
    Whether he likes it or not, Duke’s part of the family. Today’s the day to show that love for his place in the group!

by @secondtolastrow

Quote Originally Posted by @secondtolastrow
    [ID: Three drawings, each in an off-white frame meant to mimic a Polaroid, including a caption at the bottom. In the first, captioned ‘Secret handshake???’ in messy writing, Duke Thomas, a teenager with dark skin and close-cropped black hair, and Cassandra Cain, who has light skin and messy black hair down past her chin, both have their fists offered to each other. Duke is looking at Cass, but she’s been caught spinning towards the photographer with a smirk.

In the second, Duke stands over a table in a library, pointing to a passage in a book on the table as he says something to Jason Todd. Jason, who has light brown skin and curly, black hair with a white streak at the front, is seated at the table, looking down at the book with a duck-face-like frown. In tiny cursive, the caption explains, “Todd and Thomas have been debating the same point for twenty-three minutes.”

In the third drawing, Duke is tangled on a couch with Tim Drake, both of them asleep. Tim has light skin and black hair, part of which is pulled back in a bun, and part of which flops over his face. Drool escapes the corner of his mouth. Duke rests his head atop Tim’s, and has and a leg on top of one of his legs. The caption reads, “D + T fell asleep watching Batman conspiracy videos.”]

Some photos that totally exist at Wayne Manor for Duke Week Day Six: All in the Batfamily

by @marybatson

by @vampire24

currently following:

Default Day Seven: Light vs Shadow

The theme of Day Seven was "Light vs Shadow":
    As the only metahuman in the family, and with abilities both new and underexplored, it’s time to close out the week with something Uniquely Duke.

by @shoosh360

by @ghost-faerie-art

by @gothmotharts

currently following:

Well, that took waaay longer than i thought but it was a lot of fun compiling all the stuff to repost here. i only grab the ones that really grabbed my attention, there are still other fanworks that i didn't post; please feel free to check out more of the stuff on the organizer's blog here

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Holy crumb! These are beautiful! <3 (And I know I've said this before, but I swear I need to re-read We Are Robin.)

Vampire24 was spot on on everything they said! I especially found Troy's section insightful. Vampire24 also makes a strong point when they mention the missed opportunity of having Duke connect his trauma at the hands of Karma with the trauma he experienced from failing to prevent Troy's death. It's an example of what could have been if that plotline was executed with care and respect towards Duke's character that he was due.

By the way, lemonpeace, if you find their follow-up posts on Troy and Duke-related stuff, would you post them here, too, please?

EDIT: And believe me, I love insightful written content same as I do visual. Don't be shy posting them, either!
    I'll definitely keep an eye out for the follow-up, vampire24 had my favorite content from this little campaign to be honest, so I'm definitely gonna be looking out for their stuff. if i peep any more intriguing and insightful text posts I'll definitely re-post them here.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Well, that took waaay longer than i thought but it was a lot of fun compiling all the stuff to repost here. i only grab the ones that really grabbed my attention, there are still other fanworks that i didn't post; please feel free to check out more of the stuff on the organizer's blog here

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the follow-up, vampire24 had my favorite content from this little campaign to be honest, so I'm definitely gonna be looking out for their stuff. if i peep any more intriguing and insightful text posts I'll definitely re-post them here.
    Awesome! Thanksl

Scott Snyder returning to write Duke Thomas in Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal with Duke as the Last Monitor

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/10/dc...december-2020/

Looks like the Dark Multiverse continues to have a lasting effect on the DCU, blemishing many of DC’s defining moments from across history. This December, the infection continues to fester, as the publisher announced three new titles to get the Dark Multiverse treatment this December.

“In the event-defining epic Dark Nights: Metal, the Justice League defeated the vile Barbatos and his Dark Knights to save our universe from sinking into the abyss of the Dark Multiverse. But… what if they failed? What if Barbatos reigned victorious? Enter an alternate timeline where the DCU as you know it has been dragged down into the darkness. Witness the Justice League you once knew, hideously transformed into dragons who serve at the mercy of evil.

Duke Thomas, the Last Monitor, will have to seek out Nightwing and the few remaining survivors of the Metal event to assemble the Final Justice League in an attempt to save the Multiverse. Featuring a story by Dark Nights: Metal architect Scott Snyder, rising stars Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, and art by red-hot artist Karl Mostert, you won’t want to miss the biggest, loudest arena rock concert in the history of the DC Universe!“

869D0CAA-1352-4A72-A6B9-E90FE719268F.jpg

Written by COLLIN KELLY, JACKSON LANZING and SCOTT SNYDER

Art by KARL MOSTERT and TREVOR SCOTT
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-10-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Looks intriguing. So Duke headlines a What If? style story, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Scott Snyder returning to write Duke Thomas in Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal with Duke as the Last Monitor

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/10/dc...december-2020/

Looks like the Dark Multiverse continues to have a lasting effect on the DCU, blemishing many of DC’s defining moments from across history. This December, the infection continues to fester, as the publisher announced three new titles to get the Dark Multiverse treatment this December.

“In the event-defining epic Dark Nights: Metal, the Justice League defeated the vile Barbatos and his Dark Knights to save our universe from sinking into the abyss of the Dark Multiverse. But… what if they failed? What if Barbatos reigned victorious? Enter an alternate timeline where the DCU as you know it has been dragged down into the darkness. Witness the Justice League you once knew, hideously transformed into dragons who serve at the mercy of evil.

Duke Thomas, the Last Monitor, will have to seek out Nightwing and the few remaining survivors of the Metal event to assemble the Final Justice League in an attempt to save the Multiverse. Featuring a story by Dark Nights: Metal architect Scott Snyder, rising stars Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, and art by red-hot artist Karl Mostert, you won’t want to miss the biggest, loudest arena rock concert in the history of the DC Universe!“

Written by COLLIN KELLY, JACKSON LANZING and SCOTT SNYDER

Art by KARL MOSTERT and TREVOR SCOTT
    this is pretty dope but I was hoping Snyder had something in-canon in mind for Duke, like a new mini or a longer limited series. still, definitely looking forward to this story. I really like these tales from the Dark Multiverse stories, even if they definitely always end on a super downer note. hey, Duke's powers are (were? dear god Scott, please retcon the shadow nonsense away!) technically multidimensional; maybe Last Moniter Duke will reach out to Earth-0 Duke.

currently following:

On the one hand, I hoped something a little bit longer than a one-shot. On the other hand... Duke as the Last Monitor is too cool to pass it up. I need to get this one !