View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh wait, nevermind, he's expelled from the soccer team, not the school.
    Right, due to conflicting opinions on training. I seem to recall he quit, though, and not that he was expelled. Again, would need a source for that. Like, for example, I am pretty sure that wasn't soccer, but track and field.

Regardless, I'd love a story that would flesh that out in detail. Would make for good flashbacks, actually.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-18-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Don't recall him getting expelled from his old high school in We Are Robin. Would have to re-read the series, and maybe some of the buildup. Did that wiki source that statement?
    It was the soccer team but it was implied he got put out of school and locked up a few times. Keyword implied and those were the reasons he kept moving from foster home to foster home.

The mini never got around to him being at a school. It was planned but never followed up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It was the soccer team but it was implied he got put out of school and locked up a few times. Keyword implied and those were the reasons he kept moving from foster home to foster home.

The mini never got around to him being at a school. It was planned but never followed up.
    Well, that kind of happens when a 6-issue story gets reduced to 3 issues.

But yeah. Need to re-read Duke's early tenure.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Has he been portrayed to keep going to school so far so I can assume he stays at the same school, or it's just never mentioned?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Has he been portrayed to keep going to school so far so I can assume he stays at the same school, or it's just never mentioned?
    Buildup to The Signal's mini gave the impression that the school would be different to wherever he had gone in the past.

However, during most of We Are Robin and beyond, including when Duke was staying with Bruce, no mention of formal schooling is referenced, to my remembrance.

Fresh from the Scott Snyder interview from Absolute Comics: Duke will be narrating and playing some kind of role in a Dark Nights Death Metal special involving The Robin King. As well, there's still an unannounced project with another writer involving Duke.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Fresh from the Scott Snyder interview from Absolute Comics: Duke will be narrating and playing some kind of role in a Dark Nights Death Metal special involving The Robin King. As well, there's still an unannounced project with another writer involving Duke.
    what is absolute comics? And that's exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    what is absolute comics?
    It's a Twitch show by Comicstorian and Comic Pop.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Finally some exciting news for Duke, the second one more than the first one - but I'm biased. I'm not a fan of the Robin King.

That's awesome ! Please, let it be a continuation of his mini !

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just went and listened to the podcast and it sounds like Scott still really believes in Duke and wants to give the character justice. It sounded like he was even co-writing whatever the book was. He mentioned how Duke's journey went off track a bit from the original pitch, so hopefully this is a solo book.

I have a reason to peep into Death Metal. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic with this, but I'm sincerely hoping for some interesting stuff to come from this.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Well! That is some good news! Looking forward to both. I hadn't been following Metal's sequel like the first, but depending on how things unfold, I might just be inclined to look deeper into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    All of my "Seconded!!!" to this!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just went and listened to the podcast and it sounds like Scott still really believes in Duke and wants to give the character justice. It sounded like he was even co-writing whatever the book was. He mentioned how Duke's journey went off track a bit from the original pitch, so hopefully this is a solo book.
    Interesting. I'm not into podcasts, so would you mind elaborating on this, please?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-21-2020 at 09:23 PM.

I'm just hoping Duke's new comic is good and it gets the time it deserves to shine.