View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Daniel Sampere

"I'm allowed to show a sneak peak from Death Metal: Robin King side story.
    I can't wait for you all to see what @fxstudiocolor @SirTonyPatrick @amarino2814 and I have been cooking"

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think I've found a way to get over my issues with Duke's suit, I think I can live with it if they just doubled down on how tokusatsu it is. like if they just double down like "ok he's batman's sunlight power ranger" and gave him all the tokutatsu tropes and powers, I could take the costume as it.
    We talking Dukezord here? No wait that name is awful...The Lightlord? I’ll get this eventually.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Daniel Sampere

I can't wait for you all to see what @fxstudiocolor @SirTonyPatrick @amarino2814 and I have been cooking"

All of my yes to Tony Patrick being apart of this!! As far as I'm concerned, along with Scott Snyder, Mr. Patrick is Duke's creative dad! That man really deserves more props for his work and vision regarding Duke than he's getting (which fills like almost none in recent times).

And The Signal is so beautifully cool here! I love it! Shoutout to the art team and their awesome handiwork!

I wonder who's opposing The Signal here?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    All of my yes to Tony Patrick being apart of this!! As far as I'm concerned, along with Scott Snyder, Mr. Patrick is Duke's creative dad! That man really deserves more props for his work and vision regarding Duke than he's getting (which fills like almost none in recent times).

And The Signal is so beautifully cool here! I love it! Shoutout to the art team and their awesome handiwork!

I wonder who's opposing The Signal here?
    My first thought is Chemo but he's too thin, then Mr. Toxic but he's red, then Professor Radium but he has green skin or green armor, not chemical tubes

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    We talking Dukezord here? No wait that name is awful...The Lightlord? I’ll get this eventually.
    he obviously has the Signal zord that, when it combines with the Batwing, becomes the solarwing megazord.

Daniel Sampere

I'm glad to see Tony Patrick back with Signal, it's nice to see someone who is equally invested in Duke's character as us fans (no shade no shade).

i'm thinking he's fighting some dark Multiverse baddie, maybe a version of someone using the Lazarus pits considering Duke's relation to dark metals and immortality. either A Batman or an evil Duke, given the gauntlet blades.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-24-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

double (meant to merge this with my previous post)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

he obviously has the Signal zord that, when it combines with the Batwing, becomes the solarwing megazord.

I'm glad to see Tony Patrick back with Signal, it's nice to see someone who is equally invested in Duke's character as us fans (no shade no shade).

i'm thinking he's fighting some dark Multiverse baddie, maybe a version of someone using the Lazarus pits considering Duke's relation to dark metals and immortality. either A Batman or an evil Duke, given the gauntlet blades.
    Oh that’s a lot better then my joking idea, not to mention that part with the Batwing is awesome.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first thought is Chemo but he's too thin, then Mr. Toxic but he's red, then Professor Radium but he has green skin or green armor, not chemical tubes
    Are those Dark Multiverse baddies? Recent ones from Death Metal? I'm not familiar with those characters you named.

Concur with the bold. People who're for having Duke's back is what he needs right now.

A Dark Multiverse counterpart of Duke would be an interesting addition.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Are those Dark Multiverse baddies? Recent ones from Death Metal? I'm not familiar with those characters you named.

Concur with the bold. People who're for having Duke's back is what he needs right now.

A Dark Multiverse counterpart of Duke would be an interesting addition.
    Ah. I forget this is a Metal story. No, those are C-list Batman villains except Chemo who's a Justice League villain

Though if it's Bat-Chemo that will explain the size

Daniel Sampere

looking at it again, there is a bat on the assailant's belt and the hand doesn't look like a human hand. maybe it's a larazus fueled bat-drone or bat-homunculus, like a dark Talon serving the Robin King.

currently following:

Thanks, lemonpeace!!

Again, I'd love for Scott Snyder to be able to speak his mind more openly and candidly about his thoughts and feelings (and ambitions) over Duke (and again, also Harper).
    Thanks lemonpeace for getting that part of the interview, I always find that for the last couple of live interviews I've participated in, Duke consistently comes up.
    Also same, I'd love for Scott to sit down and just talk about Duke and Harper. I get the feeling that Superheavy was much different than what Scott originally wanted to do, it doesn't really match up with his earlier work in terms of theme (Gotham is Batman, Batman is an idea, etc.). Back to Duke and Harper, I got an impression that, at some point, Harper and Duke would be a duo working together (hence the Bluebird and Lark from Batman 35) but due to Duke in We Are Robin and Harper being sidelined after Batman and Robin Eternal, it never came to pass.

I think I've found a way to get over my issues with Duke's suit, I think I can live with it if they just doubled down on how tokusatsu it is. like if they just double down like "ok he's batman's sunlight power ranger" and gave him all the tokutatsu tropes and powers, I could take the costume as it.
    Considering that Morrison made homages to Kamen Rider in his Batman Incorporated series, I could see it. The suit's exoskeleton could be a hard-light construct.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hmm I'd go with Gold-Lark.

Daniel Sampere

That is pretty cool, I'm glad that Sir Tony Patrick is working on the piece.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Thanks lemonpeace for getting that part of the interview, I always find that for the last couple of live interviews I've participated in, Duke consistently comes up.
    Also same, I'd love for Scott to sit down and just talk about Duke and Harper. I get the feeling that Superheavy was much different than what Scott originally wanted to do, it doesn't really match up with his earlier work in terms of theme (Gotham is Batman, Batman is an idea, etc.). Back to Duke and Harper, I got an impression that, at some point, Harper and Duke would be a duo working together (hence the Bluebird and Lark from Batman 35) but due to Duke in We Are Robin and Harper being sidelined after Batman and Robin Eternal, it never came to pass.
    I admit that it even slips my mind that Duke and Harper may have likely been conceived by Snyder as an eventual duo. Both with their own separate origins and starting points, who would eventually converge together as Gotham Superheroes. Heck, they're both even Narrows natives.

Plans shifted, stuff got derailed, but that might indeed have been the original intention.

Daniel Sampere

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's awesome ! Tony Patrick did a great job with the mini, I trust him to write a great Duke !

Also, I think it's Bat-Chemo or something like that.

hey look at that, the artist is excited about Duke. I really want this to be a good sign for things to come.

currently following:

Am I the only one surprised by how much news there seems to have with Duke in recent days/weeks ? I'm starting to wonder if some of the people being laid-off weren't obstructing his use.

I mean, suddenly he appears in the Bat-books as cameos and even in a big event like Death Metal, Snyder speaks of plans about him and Tony Patrick is called back (and he did a great job with just three issues).

I'm not begrudging Bryan Hill, I know he could have done better by Duke, but at least he kept the Signal somewhat relevant when it was most needed, IMHO. And the artist chose to share a piece of Duke's art, not of Robin King or another character. That's great to see, really.