View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

That was certainly an awesome showing. My only complain is that he seems to have punched poor Tempus in the face. the guy does his best to ward of the Dark Multiverse since time began Duke! Give him some slack! Also, I wonder if the Final Batman will appear elsewhere in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That was certainly an awesome showing. My only complain is that he seems to have punched poor Tempus in the face. the guy does his best to ward of the Dark Multiverse since time began Duke! Give him some slack! Also, I wonder if the Final Batman will appear elsewhere in the future !
    It is unfortunate buuuuut, in Duke defense, Tempus was far more active when he was protecting reality from the positive side of the Multiverse; he's been more of a passive observer in the Dark Multiverse. Duke's been running around the Dark Multiverse for two Earth -0 years, he probably peeped Tempus stalking him as he failed to save an earth a couple times.Tempus can walk it off

I think we'll definitely see Duke as the Final Batman again if we ever see what evil or "crisis" he was scouting the Dark Multiverse for. I would love if Final Knight reached out to Earth-0 Duke. Gnomon showed us that they have some level of telepathy and their family can share vision through their similar genetics, maybe he'll reach out to Duke and teach him something or set him on the path to Gnomon and learning about his heritage
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I actually like that he did, because it was the first time in a good while where we got to see that side of Duke, who is unapologetic about doing what's truly right, expected the same standards from the good guys around him. That's a side of Duke I've been missing since We Are Robin and the Synder's Superheavy arc of Batman.

And like lemonpeace said, Tempus Fuginaut has been weirdly passive, especially with how active he was when it came to dealing with the person who was/is ultimately a hero in the young Sideways/Derek. Dude was all up on stopping the noob Sideway's "perceived threat", but has been, again, weirdly passive throughout this whole event.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-30-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I said I would like him to have a cleaner pair of shades but I think I'm warming up more to these sun shaped ones he had in the story.

i mean it's good enough if I can't get the reflective Nth metal weave blindfold I always dreamed of him having
    I love it to honestly. Man, this design is so good. Quietly really did a damn good job. The hair could be better but I never expect much from artist depicting Black hairstyles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love it to honestly. Man, this design is so good. Quietly really did a damn good job. The hair could be better but I never expect much from artist depicting Black hairstyles.
    That Duke has low-key cornrows (graying, it seems) is step up from how his hair has been depicted lately, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I said I would like him to have a cleaner pair of shades but I think I'm warming up more to these sun shaped ones he had in the story.

i mean it's good enough if I can't get the reflective Nth metal weave blindfold I always dreamed of him having
    It's a good design and unique enough to stand out. My only gripe is that it looks very easy to mess up, under the wrong artist it could very easily look like Mardi Gras/Party city style glasses. Kinda like how Flashes suit lines and New 52 Supes armor only looks good when certain artist draw it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I gave it pass because atleast he isn't bald.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It's a good design and unique enough to stand out. My only gripe is that it looks very easy to mess up, under the wrong artist it could very easily look like Mardi Gras/Party city style glasses. Kinda like how Flashes suit lines and New 52 Supes armor only looks good when certain artist draw it.
    to be fair his current design is easy to mess up already, and it's significantly less individualistic than his Final Batman look. still, i see what you mean. I could see the wrong artist making it look more Mardi Gras than solar motif. maybe they can contrive a way for the spikes to be retractable, so a majority of the time they can keep it just as the metallic gold shades.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

LOVE that design! I agree, take the helmet off and give him shades or a stylized domino mask!
    Culture clash here, I don't find that particular shades design cool ^^ but I do like that it's different than the usual standard domino. So I'm in on the shades.