View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Woah!! Some beautiful fanarts there!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah!! Some beautiful fanarts there!
    right!?! Duke Fanart is like 80% of the reason I even have a tumblr, he has a pretty consistent fanbase over there and they usually do some solid art. I love it
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    right!?! Duke Fanart is like 80% of the reason I even have a tumblr, he has a pretty consistent fanbase over there and they usually do some solid art. I love it
    Interesting, then. That means his fanbase there must have grown since I last perused Tumblr for Duke content a couple years ago. (There was a few solid stuff, but not much. There was this one fan artist who liked a drawing their headcanon of Duke and Jason as gay-coded friends. Many of them were nice, but it was still a fanon take, though perhaps more unique than the typical fanon take of Duke and other Batman Family members. Didn't seem like as many were interested in a more canon-faithful spin on Duke/Signal, and that's when you were lucky to find someone interested in the character at all.)

And cool/insightful/fun posts you can link? (What's the relevant tags for someone who searches tumblr sans account?)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Interesting, then. That means his fanbase there must have grown since I last perused Tumblr for Duke content a couple years ago. (There was a few solid stuff, but not much. There was this one fan artist who liked a drawing their headcanon of Duke and Jason as gay-coded friends. Many of them were nice, but it was still a fanon take, though perhaps more unique than the typical fanon take of Duke and other Batman Family members. Didn't seem like as many were interested in a more canon-faithful spin on Duke/Signal, and that's when you were lucky to find someone interested in the character at all.)

And cool/insightful/fun posts you can link? (What's the relevant tags for someone who searches tumblr sans account?)
    I don't mean to oversell, while the fanbase is more consistent than before but it's not a ridiculous degree. still a lot of fanon stuff, I typically avoid that stuff, but more art is posted regularly. i usually just check the "#duke thomas" tag consistently and see what pops up. because people are followers lol I find posting Duke content myself tends to keep the tag alive, whether it's my little headcanons and theories or just panels which him in it. I'm gonna probably start linking more stuff from there over here soon.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

I don't mean to oversell, while the fanbase is more consistent than before but it's not a ridiculous degree. still a lot of fanon stuff, I typically avoid that stuff, but more art is posted regularly. i usually just check the "#duke thomas" tag consistently and see what pops up. because people are followers lol I find posting Duke content myself tends to keep the tag alive, whether it's my little headcanons and theories or just panels which him in it. I'm gonna probably start linking more stuff from there over here soon.
    Ah, I see.

Astonishing Member

A year-old fanart of Duke in his We Are Robin clothes. Love that smooth, slick swagger!

Default more Duke fanart!

currently following:

I love this future Duke concept! a perfect combination of Future's End, his nameless era, and his Signal suit.

currently following:

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Holy crumb, these are sweet and sexy!

I love the fun and cool hairstyles some of them have for Duke. 24 year-old Signal is boss!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

the throne and bling one is lovely

Some handy dandy Duke infographics

- - -

currently following:

one of my favorite pieces of Duke fan art

currently following:

Astonishing Member

https://i.imgur.com/ctGyY3Y.jpg

This bio always gets me for including an aspect of his character that doesn't exist. It's from an AU that reimagined and reworked Duke's character in a way that was... decidedly less than his canon history. They made him a mechanic there.

Astonishing Member

one of my favorite pieces of Duke fan art

Agreed. It's super cute.