Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    What does everyone else think of this artist? I think he's my favorite Kurt artist in a while.

He looks bloody gorgeous, but I am a total sucker for the beard, it makes him look like a dignified adult . Very nice colouring too.

Still tumble weed in the current books though. And no sign of him in any of the X of Swords* covers or promos, so it’s going to stay that way.
    And I hate being the sulky fan who’s only interested in one character. But I currently am.

*apart from one, the first one, but nothing since and we pretty much know who the ten sword bearers will be.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So how do people feel about Talia's relationship with 616 Kurt?

]

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So how do people feel about Talia's relationship with 616 Kurt?

]
    I missed it, it happened during the thirty years I wasn’t following the books.
    I always think it’s telling that our Kurt doesn’t have any children. Logan leaves them behind him like chaff in the wind, but Kurt? Nothing.
    Is he a mule? So mutated he’s sterile?
    Or is, he just very, very careful, unwilling to pass on his mutated gene?
    Or is he just the type of person who only wants children in a stable relationship?
    Whichever, I think it’s rather sad because he’d be a fantastic father.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I missed it, it happened during the thirty years I wasn’t following the books.
    I always think it’s telling that our Kurt doesn’t have any children. Logan leaves them behind him like chaff in the wind, but Kurt? Nothing.
    Is he a mule? So mutated he’s sterile?
    Or is, he just very, very careful, unwilling to pass on his mutated gene?
    Or is he just the type of person who only wants children in a stable relationship?
    Whichever, I think it’s rather sad because he’d be a fantastic father.
    I think its definitely the last one, and he seemed to have a good relationship with her in TJ's reality, though I remember she felt he was tough on her? She was afraid to disappoint him. But I know she spent a lot of time with Logan too while Wanda was Avengering. She still had her career in that.

And 616 Kurt coming to TJ's rescue - transported by Jean.

From the Giant-Size X-Men remake:

And the original for comparison:
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-25-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Nightcrawler makes an appearance in the Marvel Zombie Resurrection. It was a pretty decent issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From the Giant-Size X-Men remake:

And the original for comparison:
    Thanks, quite a curio, this, such a landmark issue and Dave’s artwork still stands up after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Nightcrawler makes an appearance in the Marvel Zombie Resurrection. It was a pretty decent issue.
    Thanks for the heads up, I’ll keep an eye out for it on Unlimited, watching the pennies at the moment.

It’s a bit sad that we have nothing in the main books to talk about when I comes to Kurt. Sick of just seeing him as a set dressing on the council and it doesn’t look like he’s one of the ten swordbearers, which is a bit naff given his skill set. Learning to use a sword is hard, you can’t just pick it up and use it. Wonder what excuse they’ll use for not giving him a role, probably infect him with Pestilence’s disease.
    I really don’t like being the sort of fan who carps on about their favourite not being used, but it really has been about a year since he did anything important and he’s only featured on one issue since then (I’m really not counting the Giant Sized as it wasn’t Kurt’s story and he wasn’t in any way necessary to the plot).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thanks, quite a curio, this, such a landmark issue and Dave’s artwork still stands up after all these years.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll keep an eye out for it on Unlimited, watching the pennies at the moment.

It’s a bit sad that we have nothing in the main books to talk about when I comes to Kurt. Sick of just seeing him as a set dressing on the council and it doesn’t look like he’s one of the ten swordbearers, which is a bit naff given his skill set. Learning to use a sword is hard, you can’t just pick it up and use it. Wonder what excuse they’ll use for not giving him a role, probably infect him with Pestilence’s disease.
    I really don’t like being the sort of fan who carps on about their favourite not being used, but it really has been about a year since he did anything important and he’s only featured on one issue since then (I’m really not counting the Giant Sized as it wasn’t Kurt’s story and he wasn’t in any way necessary to the plot).
    Yea i was a bit disappointed in the Giant Size issue too for him. Im not seeing this change in the event coming up but I would imagine he is going to get a narrative around him and the temple I believe he only has access to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yea i was a bit disappointed in the Giant Size issue too for him. Im not seeing this change in the event coming up but I would imagine he is going to get a narrative around him and the temple I believe he only has access to.
    I mean, Giant Sized looked pretty, of course, Alan Davis draws him so well, but Kurt wasn’t in any way important to the story, it was nothing to do with him. I know we are going to get his Mutant Religion shtick a some point but I find religious Kurt to be the least interesting character beat and besides, we know how the story ends; the tower will fall.
    So I’m sitting in the corner sulking.
    I’m also missing Kurt interacting with his friends and family, because he’s not in a book, he doesn’t have a team and. His ‘family’, his closest friends, are all over the island and beyond. I want to see him going for a coffee with Ororo and Jean after a Council meeting. Or for a beer with Peter, or Logan or Sean.

At least Ororo is getting some attention, about time too.

Here is Kurt being badass. People credit Azazel with this move but they don't know this issue came out years before the FC film.

X of Swords isn’t very good. So I’m sort of happy Kurt isn’t being dragged down by that crappy event.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

As a Catholic who liked Kurt a lot because he also was one I got kinda mixed feelings on that no longer being the case going forward, or at least for Hickmans reign it seems.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    X of Swords isn’t very good. So I’m sort of happy Kurt isn’t being dragged down by that crappy event.
    And why isn't it very good?

Doug Braithwait, a rather good artist I remember from
    the Earth X series(s). Nightcrawler makes an appearance in Wolverine origins And getting hurt.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-03-2020 at 10:09 PM.