Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes. I absolutely understand and recognize that STYLE is both a blessing and a curse and can be a very real challenge/struggle for artists to develop and overcome so when we are blessed with folks like Alan who -- as you said, puts in that extra effort to figure work -- its such a tremendous sight to see.

And I chuckled when I read the bit about Wolverine in your post. ha ha ha. Its true! But in his defense, it seems few artists follow through with the level of height variance that OUGHT TO be applied, particularly to Mister Hairy and Stabby. ha ha ha.

Dauterman gets me all warm and fuzzy whenever I see his Wolverine -- he's such a widdle biddy wolvie, and I love him for it.
    By Annual 11, he’d just about cracked it. Love the heeled cowboy boots.
    Sorry, fellow Kurt fans, but this is a photo of Wolvie (pretty sure Kurt would forgive me...)

6755CED3-F4E3-4DB8-B85A-E20B260898FC.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

On the subject of Davis' Wolverine. I felt AD made him more attractive later on.

Some Alan Davis goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Some Alan Davis goodness.

He’s just too bloody good. You don’t need the script, you can tell what’s happening, particularly in the last page, just by the art.

Nightcrawler and Cerise just because I felt like it. A very short relationship.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-14-2020 at 07:27 PM.

I found a head shots by Ed McGuiness. .

I found a head shots by Ed McGuiness. .

Nice, he understands how the shadows on Kurt’s face work.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Nice, he understands how the shadows on Kurt’s face work.
    Yes that part was definitely Cockrum inspired.

Yes that part was definitely Cockrum inspired.
    Speaking of whom, AIPT X-Men Monday was all about the redraw of GIant Sized X-Men 1, including a couple of nice Kurt images from the book and a nice quote.

AIPT: Hm… but that Xavier is pretty resourceful. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. OK, so this whole comic’s a celebration of Len and Dave. I’d like to know what Wein and Cockrum contribution to the X-Men mythos you’re MOST grateful for. There are tons, but for the sake of this question, you can only pick ONE.

Jordan: I mean, yeah, that is not fair. There are SO MANY. I want to spend my whole answer fighting with you about the premise of the question, but I will be nice and just pick one single drop out of the ocean. NIGHTCRAWLER. He’s one of the most popular X-Men around 45 years after his debut, his design is amazing, no one has ever topped his original look no matter how they tried, and the idea of this loving, good-natured guy who looks like a demon just… it just works on all fronts. Storm is a close second.

31DE50C7-DBA6-41E8-A0BE-0440E9796911.jpg

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Got a question, given Kurt is a religious person and even without a soul( still don't get the reason for that) wouldn't he be kinda against some of the laws of Krakatoa. Like the whole resection aspect or at least how they are doing it.

BANNED

Has Kurt ever undergone a secondary mutation?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Has Kurt ever undergone a secondary mutation?
    Yes. He was born looking like he does; he then developed ability to teleport. I'm not sure where the "blending with shadows" comes in, but I would think that was also evident at birth.

He's also incredibly agile and supple, which may have been present at birth, although agility tends to be a trait that is developed over time. He was probably always superhumanly agile compared to the kids in his age group.

Early on, Kurt was able to become invisible in shadows, however he was retconned to "blend" into them later on. His teleportation abilities have also increased over the years - he used to only be able to teleport sort distances of less than 5 miles but has since covered hundreds of miles at a time. I guess it's common for characters' powers to increase over the years as certain writers enhance characters to fit their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Got a question, given Kurt is a religious person and even without a soul( still don't get the reason for that) wouldn't he be kinda against some of the laws of Krakatoa. Like the whole resection aspect or at least how they are doing it.
    Oh, indeed, Kurt says in issue 7 that he has questions, he certainly should have, lots and lots of questions.
    I honestly can’t see him (or Scott) sitting quietly and letting Apocalypse murder a young person, resurrection protocol or not.
    And thn he goes from having lots of questions to setting up a mutant religion, that’s a huge jump, vast change of outlook.

And no, I don’t get the ‘no soul’ rubbish either. I’m ignoring it and hope Hickman et al do too.

Don't forget his wall crawling abilities and his night vision. And no those weren't secondary mutations, he had these before Grant Morrison 's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Yes. He was born looking like he does; he then developed ability to teleport. I'm not sure where the "blending with shadows" comes in, but I would think that was also evident at birth.

He's also incredibly agile and supple, which may have been present at birth, although agility tends to be a trait that is developed over time. He was probably always superhumanly agile compared to the kids in his age group.

Early on, Kurt was able to become invisible in shadows, however he was retconned to "blend" into them later on. His teleportation abilities have also increased over the years - he used to only be able to teleport sort distances of less than 5 miles but has since covered hundreds of miles at a time. I guess it's common for characters' powers to increase over the years as certain writers enhance characters to fit their stories.
    Those are not secondary mutations. He was born looking like a demon, but his X-gene was not fully developed. The teleporting that he got as a teen is the same trajectory that most mutants get. Teens do not get secondary mutations. Secondary mutations come later in life as a result of trauma that forces an evolutionary change