Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    What does everyone else think of this artist? I think he's my favorite Kurt artist in a while.

Who is this artist? Agree he/she renders NC better than most

I still don't get how Nightcrawler is not a swordsman for Krakoa..My fave match up would be him against white sword, and he fights him so bravely that Whitesword resurrects him personally to join his 100 champions breaking with tournament rules. There is potential with Nightcrawler becoming an unintended ambassador to Amenth by way of being a champion with White sword, moreover his allegiance need not be to the horsemen as Whitesword seems an autonomous force in that realm

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

I still don't get how Nightcrawler is not a swordsman for Krakoa..My fave match up would be him against white sword, and he fights him so bravely that Whitesword resurrects him personally to join his 100 champions breaking with tournament rules. There is potential with Nightcrawler becoming an unintended ambassador to Amenth by way of being a champion with White sword, moreover his allegiance need not be to the horsemen as Whitesword seems an autonomous force in that realm
    I’m incredibly sulky over Kurt not being a champion (hell, I’m still grumpy that he’s not playing pirates with the Marauders). I’d mind a bit less if Hickman hadn’t had him waving a sword all over Krakoa in HoX/PoX too. It’s been a year since he’s been anything other than set dressing, and that includes in his own Giant Sized book.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As a Catholic who liked Kurt a lot because he also was one I got kinda mixed feelings on that no longer being the case going forward, or at least for Hickmans reign it seems.
    That is disappointing to hear. It's a big reason why Kurt and Matt Murdock are some of my favorites.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I trust that the plan is for Kurt's "mutant religion" or whatever to factor into the story, obviously, but I hope it's not a permanent reason to change his religion. Hickmans earned enough benefit of the doubt that I'm hoping it's just for this storyline (though Kitty being cremated doesn't inspire confidence either)

I trust that the plan is for Kurt's "mutant religion" or whatever to factor into the story, obviously, but I hope it's not a permanent reason to change his religion. Hickmans earned enough benefit of the doubt that I'm hoping it's just for this storyline (though Kitty being cremated doesn't inspire confidence either)
    If it helps, I’m a pagan and religious Kurt is the least interesting aspect of his personality to me, but I’ll also be very annoyed if he loses his faith permanently as it was such a long standing character trait.
    I just can’t see Kurt having the ego to want to create a mutant religion, it feels like Hickman wanted the idea and attached it to the ‘religious character’ whether it made sense or not. And that irks me.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Kurt is being so criminally under-utilised, I’ve just stopped reading the books. I’ll subscribe to Unlimited in six months and catch up than.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 10-04-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I guess a benefit of it not really being a focus is that other writers could totally sidestep it if it doesn't wind up being important?

I guess a benefit of it not really being a focus is that other writers could totally sidestep it if it doesn't wind up being important?
    True, though I think it will become a focus down the line, with the ‘cathedral’ not to mention Cardinal the chimera ‘cardinal of the last religion’ who has Kurt’s DNA, and the lightning struck tower in HoX.

But I want to know what Kurt feels about Krakoa, about being safe for the first time in years, about all the other physically mutated people not as fortunate as him, being safe there. I want to know where he’s living, is he cooking for himself? Is he lonely, given all the X-Men, his family, are all over the island. What does he feel about not being on a team? Why isn’t he on a team? Etc, etc, etc.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

He was the first X-Man to have a sword fighting past and he was trained by Zabu, the samarai thing with Wolverine didn't come til later.

Still no Kurt still no explanation as to why their swordsman isn’t in the contest

In other news, I was going through a box of old fanart and found this, apparently in 1990, I thought the X-Men should form a band (I think I’d just seen Streets of Fire?)

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Still no Kurt still no explanation as to why their swordsman isn’t in the contest

In other news, I was going through a box of old fanart and found this, apparently in 1990, I thought the X-Men should form a band (I think I’d just seen Streets of Fire?)

Did Kurt decide to compete with TJ?

Did Kurt decide to compete with TJ?
    Like father, like daughter!

Nick Robles has been at it again, bless him.

3392F7B8-1CB1-45CE-AE0C-96227A811310.jpg
    and no, I’ve not yet seen the full pic, which is NSFW...

Up to January solicits, still no Kurt.
    Well, remember those delicious Medieval Japanese X-Men designs from the delightful and talanted Lucas Pereire?
    B1CE62D9-0020-4F78-9700-939A88CD506D.jpg

Forgive the Chuck Austen.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    True, though I think it will become a focus down the line, with the ‘cathedral’ not to mention Cardinal the chimera ‘cardinal of the last religion’ who has Kurt’s DNA, and the lightning struck tower in HoX.

But I want to know what Kurt feels about Krakoa, about being safe for the first time in years, about all the other physically mutated people not as fortunate as him, being safe there. I want to know where he’s living, is he cooking for himself? Is he lonely, given all the X-Men, his family, are all over the island. What does he feel about not being on a team? Why isn’t he on a team? Etc, etc, etc.

This is just a silly take I have.

This is just a silly take I have.
    Sorry, distracted by all that naked Kurt...