Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Kurt and Gammora battling it off in Aerena. I have the issue and if I remember they were interrupted by this big alien baddie and joined forces to defeat him.

This was such a great issue, both characters shone and bounced off each other so well.

Does anyone know what issue of Wolverine Origins is the one where Nightcrawler is bleeding on the opening page after he was stabbed by Daken? I have the first two issues but in the summaries NC isn't anywhere under the cast.

Sorry, I’ve let my Marvel Unlimited membership lapse, I know the issue you mean but no idea of the number.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Sorry, I’ve let my Marvel Unlimited membership lapse, I know the issue you mean but no idea of the number.
    That's ok. I went ahead and ordered an issue. Hopefully it's the right one.

Nightcrawler fighting injured. Because it happens a lot. Now that he is made of worms (?) it can happen more often. Might I say this looks quite badass?

Cool

The dream that died and that never existed.

Cool smiley is by mistake.

I would have loved the image of Meggan coming out of the portal in Amazing Nightcrawler but I don't have a scan on me right now.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-02-2020 at 03:47 AM.

I didn't know this was made into a card. The colors look airbrushed.

I didn't know this was made into a card. The colors look airbrushed.

The colours look garish! I remember the excitement over Excalibur when it launched, as a huge Davis fan, I ate it up.

Doodle of Kurt practicing while I watch Great British Bake Off.
    2761D23B-34E2-4FAE-8F68-7ED6DA72214F.jpg
    4F70C858-87A2-42A8-895B-0F513ED5EC31.jpg

^That's pretty good. You are good at that. It looks so real.

Kurt's early shot at being a leader. Had it's bumps in the road. I guess being appointed as new team leader by Professor X wasn't something the guy was expecting.

Wink

After the bumps in the road I think Kurt evolved into an even more richer character.

^That's pretty good. You are good at that. It looks so real.
    Thanks, I’m an artist but superhero’s aren’t my forte. I think my fanfic is better than my art, but it’s good to practice.

Regarding Kurt and leadership, it was quite a natural progression, he grew into the role, as some people do. And some teams are easier to lead than others, with Excalibur there wasn’t the weight of expectation and Charles looking over his shoulder.
    I loved that training scene in Excalibur, we forget that Kurt could be dangerous, particularly if he ‘ported part of someone, but chooses not to be, it’s an important part of his character (and why I’m sometimes dubious about writers having him stomp around carrying swords such as on the Orchis Mission in HoX, swords are dangerous and not subtle). Wielding a sword might look cool and might sometimes be called for, but not on a sneak mission and not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thanks, I’m an artist but superhero’s aren’t my forte. I think my fanfic is better than my art, but it’s good to practice.

Regarding Kurt and leadership, it was quite a natural progression, he grew into the role, as some people do. And some teams are easier to lead than others, with Excalibur there wasn’t the weight of expectation and Charles looking over his shoulder.

I loved that training scene in Excalibur, we forget that Kurt could be dangerous, particularly if he ‘ported part of someone, but chooses not to be, it’s an important part of his character (and why I’m sometimes dubious about writers having him stomp around carrying swords such as on the Orchis Mission in HoX, swords are dangerous and not subtle). Wielding a sword might look cool and might sometimes be called for, but not on a sneak mission and not all the time.
    I can actually see that Kurt may have felt more like the adventurer as they were sucked into the Cross time continuum in the beginning of Excalibur and its something he felt like he had to do with Rachel and Kitty there and when things got really serious with Nigel Orpington Smith, Necrom, Black Air etc., he felt the weight even stronger. His feelings of responsibility carried over in his return to the X-Men, something he couldn't break away from right away but he knew with Ororo being there that he could let go of the reigns.

But I noticed, even after, Kurt couldn't stop taking the lead when needed and when things became dire like Revolutions w/ Cecilia, then the Joe Casey revamp and finally AD and Claremont's Reload. He had many moments to shine in that way. Kurt's just a responsible guy in general. As Logan said, Kurt is mature in soul even if not in body. It was quite apparent in the rather funny Hulk/X-Men, said issue, with one puzzled NC looking on at a rampaging Hulk making a wreck of the forest, as a workout with Colossus. I wonder if Claremont meant that intentionally or not but that's my head canon because its too funny.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-04-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Ellis & Pacheco (Casey) Era. Though this has some Salva art, in which I remember that his art didn't come until closer to the end of the series.

A short description of each character. And Kurt is mentioned as team leader. You have to Zoom/enlarge though to read all this stuff.

More Salva Nightcrawler. One of my favorites.

As was being discussed in the other thread how can Kurt be alive if he was killed in Rays timeline, not knowing what to think of Lobdell's story, I'm assuming besides that, that this team went back to Rays time line from present day with how random this team is it would make sense since Kurt is wearing his old costume while every one else looks more modern. And who's kissing Kurt? She looks new and I like her design. And more Salva!

I'm surprised it wasn't posted in here yet.

Nightcrawler, Gambit. Psylocke - quite the stealthy team with what looks like a rather tired Bishop. He looks pretty old maybe he did some dimension hopping. Maybe he is somehow responsible. And of course Sage.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=103276551

Whew!

SPOILERS!

Edit: It's Bloody Bess. This must be the real one and the other was an AU one instead of an AU Betsy. This is my head canon.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-04-2020 at 08:45 PM.