Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Now that Disney owns X-Men, what X-Men media content should Disney make?

Now that Disney owns X-Men, what X-Men media content should Disney make?

I really think they should do streaming series and not bother with X-Men movies at all!

X-Men has one of the richest story histories in Comics and trying to condense that is almost impossible! I don't want to go back to the 1960 and 1970's to teenage original 5! Give me an adult Jean Grey and Scott Summers in their late 20's or early 30's! Give me an Emma Frost who has already left the Hellfire Club and is allied with Jean and Scott! Give me a Storm that is a true leader in the X-Men and can go toe to toe with Magneto or anyone for that matter! Jean and Storm should be experienced and capable! Emma and Jean should both be more powerful than Xavier at Telepathy! Xavier gets by with tech to amplify his abilities, but Jean, Emma, and Rachel have barely had to use that tech for themselves! All three of them are quite capable of picking up Cerebro and taking Xavier's place!

Give me a Magneto that is trying to be a hero, or more anti-hero, but sometimes goes over the edge when he finds out that the government is experimenting on and killing mutants!

Stop making Logan the centre of the X-Men, Jean, Storm, and Scott are the true leaders of the X-Men, Logan is an angsty warrior who has never been a very good leader! Give me an adult Kate Pryde that is an expert in hand to hand combat and is actually really deadly if she wanted to be! I would be perfectly fine if Laura is Wolverine and Logan only shows up in flashbacks!

Give me a frigging Illyana Rasputin that Dr Strange thinks may be the next Sorcerer Supreme of Earth!

Give me diversity, lets have Dani, Karma, Bishop, Frenzy, Prodigy, Manifold, etc... Lets show in the series that mutants are world wide and come from every possible walk of life on the entire planet!

I think it works best as a TV Series which allows you to emphasize the character drama more, because lets be honest, X-Men is a SciFi/Fantasy Soap Opera and it always has been since Claremont revitalized the franchise all those years ago! It's supposed to be soapy and dramatic!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

A new cartoon?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

They are going to do all the things. They didn't buy back the movie license and unlock the other licenses to not sell product as much product as possible. I just hope it isn't all just boring 1-to-1 recreations of The Animated Series.

I think that Generation X would be perfect to be a Disney+ series. Young cool looking BPoC mutants with individual powers being trained in the danger room at the Xavier Institute. A little Harry Potter, a little superhero action, and some soap opera gossip girl vibe mixed into it with everybody dating everybody...

I really do not get why we haven't had a series like this already after the failed attempt in the 1990s.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-30-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Projects like the Eternals and the Young Avengers are already developed/in production/in the can, so obviously they will come first. When it's the X-Men's turn, their characters and beloved canon will be exploited to the nth degree. It's just going to require a bit more patience.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

A new cartoon.

How dare DisMarvel do redesigns of the 90s cast and not announce a cartoon. >:V

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really would like a series like Gifted was. I know that one is a no go, but something in that atmosphere. Or like a series focusing on the Summer boys and their girlfriends.

However start all over with the X-Men franchise in movies might be a great idea. But then start with the Original X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    But then start with the Original X-Men.
    The original X-Men are so outdated. They also never have been of interest for anybody EVER. The first series was a flop!! The second genesis in the only early team that really counts in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The original X-Men are so outdated. They also never have been of interest for anybody EVER. The first series was a flop!! The second genesis in the only early team that really counts in my eyes.
    Plus I want a grown up Jean and Scott and have Xavier missing to Shi'ar or something! That's why I prefer a movie centred on Jean, Emma, Scott, and Storm and some other characters and give Logan, Magneto, and Xavier a reset for once! I want Jean and Scott to be capable experienced adults, along side Storm, and all three of them are strong enough characters to guide the X-Men! Make Emma an ally to the X-Men! I just don't want to go back to the 1970's, I don't expect them to do Krakoa, but sheesh I am so tired of rehashing the same origin stories over and over again! Phoenix Saga can not be made into a movie for 10 years, time to take a break from it! Don't even mention the Phoenix in the movies, unless it's just flashbacks to the incident!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Plus I want a grown up Jean and Scott and have Xavier missing to Shi'ar or something! That's why I prefer a movie centred on Jean, Emma, Scott, and Storm and some other characters and give Logan, Magneto, and Xavier a reset for once! I want Jean and Scott to be capable experienced adults, along side Storm, and all three of them are strong enough characters to guide the X-Men! Make Emma an ally to the X-Men! I just don't want to go back to the 1970's, I don't expect them to do Krakoa, but sheesh I am so tired of rehashing the same origin stories over and over again! Phoenix Saga can not be made into a movie for 10 years, time to take a break from it! Don't even mention the Phoenix in the movies, unless it's just flashbacks to the incident!
    I wouldn't mind if the would combine somehow "Avengers vs. X-Men" with the "Phoenix Saga". But let Jean be in control and just do not tell the "Dark Phoenix Saga" at all anymore. I just want to see a proper Phoenix Jean Grey on screen with expensive visuals for her powers...

p.s. just wondering, what about Liam Hemsworth as the new Cyclops? I just googled him and he's damn fine. lol

If they were doing a series, either cartoon or live the X-men are big enough to have a variety of different teams and genres. I'd prefer starting off with having a show with a core team of legacy x-men characters and then introducing new characters that come and go over time before they branch off into their own series.

Gambit movie or D+ series.

Astonishing Member

New cartoon show, pure and simple.
    It's been 12 years since the last one, which only lasted a single season.

Cartoons are how you get kids and casual fans into the franchise, it allows fancy powers and costumes to be presented without requiring tons of expensive CGI to look believable (and even expensive CGI can backfire in looking wrong), can streamline storylines into more coherent versions and isn't bogged down by half a century of backstory from hundreds of changing hands.
    Of course one downside is that some mature elements will have to be left out (and Wolverine will look out of place with his wrist blades that he isn't allowed to hurt anyone with), but that's a sacrifice all cartoon adaptions of comics have and yet many of them still work.

So even more than a new movie or MCU introduction, i think what the X-men need asap is a new good cartoon show made by people who want to make a good product. Like what Star Wars was able to enjoy in spite of the new movies qualities in recent years.

I would say the X-men could also profit from new video games, but Disney has show quite a lot of ignorance towards that field, despite the potential to strengthen their IPs (paired with the financial gains if a game is a hit).
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-30-2020 at 04:56 AM.

They should finally give Wolverine and the X-Men a second season. But I understand it may be too late for that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.