Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

so what romantic prospects does Kurt have at this point? How about inventing someone brand new mutant-wise rather than revisiting someone from the past?

Yeah, not many. That’s why I liked him with Rachel.

I liked the idea of he and Jean in Red but pairing him with Rachel kinda killed that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I liked the idea of he and Jean in Red but pairing him with Rachel kinda killed that idea
    Honestly Idk what Hickman thinks about any pairing. Hickman already ruined by Roberto (Sunspot) and Amara (Magma) ship with him falling over that alien women in New Mutants. Yeah, that’s how highly I think of the character Hickman had him fawning over.

As far as Nightcrawler.. I have no hint what so ever. So maybe romance won’t be in the cards for him again till Claremont gets another current ongoing (Last one was the Nightcrawler solo he had him hooking up with Sefton and Bess).

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Honestly Idk what Hickman thinks about any pairing. Hickman already ruined by Roberto (Sunspot) and Amara (Magma) ship with him falling over that alien women in New Mutants. Yeah, that’s how highly I think of the character Hickman had him fawning over.

As far as Nightcrawler.. I have no hint what so ever. So maybe romance won’t be in the cards for him again till Claremont gets another current ongoing (Last one was the Nightcrawler solo he had him hooking up with Sefton and Bess).
    I’m in the Anyone But Amanda camp. Always have been.
    CC said in an interview that Bloody Bess was an AU Betsy Braddock.

The Kurt in my fanfic has hooked up with Stephane, a waitress on Krakoa, as well as my slash pairing. He’s flexible like that.

Some pretty, pretty images from Giant Sized, Alan still draws a dynamic, elegant Kurt.

Nightcrawler & Aurora.

Exquisite Rachel and Kurt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

JeanxKurt from X-Men: The End. I have the whole series. Its quite long. Haven't read it since it first came out. This was one of the tings I remember the most about it probably because it was unexpected.

I scanned them all at the same time so I assumed they all came out the same size so when I scaled all them down I did each by the same percentage. Don't know why they are came out different sizes. Sorry, I have zero interest in fixing it right now. I hate scanning for many different reasons right now but I always love posting them.

Also, I remember there was some very affectionate stuff going on between Kurt and Jean in Ultimate X-Men when Kurt was more like 616 Kurt before he turned creepy when Vaughn took over.

Re old relationships and moving forward. I only really have this feeling with Amanda and Ray - I prefer her as s friend anyway. Same with Rachel. I don't count women like Betsy and Cerise. With Betsy it never actually happened just close friendship with some flirting which happens a lot with the fuzzy guy, and I don't count Cerise since their actual relationship lasted , when it became official, for all of four issues plus one annual in Excalibur way, way, back though, there was the time Cerise came nockin' wanting some lovin' in X-Men. I imagine after being in a Shiar prison and being Lilandras servant she was feeling certain urges at the time. But Kurt was a Priest. Aaah! Fate sucks. Kurt plots either get railroaded or nothings really seen through. It's annoying. Speaking of which, for those that like the short lived but not official romance with Ororo it would be the same deal. I don't think Cerise and Kurt would last long now if he's starting a religion. This isn't Davis' or Ellis' Kurt.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-29-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Oh thanks. Never read the End all the way so this is a new surprise for me. Its unfortunate we dont see more of them in DoX but I really liked how Red solidified them as friends

Oh thanks. Never read the End all the way so this is a new surprise for me. Its unfortunate we dont see more of them in DoX but I really liked how Red solidified them as friends

Yeah, kurt was grieving for jean just after the DFS while watching the sunset just before he gets attacked by Wendigo. Also, he's the one who tells Rogue about her sacrifice and last but not least I was scanning my favorite Bolton stories for another thread and it takes place right after Jean becomes Phoenix and its about Kurt and he's worried about her. Jean - From almost dead, to dead to dead again. Not counting the times Dark Phoenix came back and Logan had to kill her. I find it creepy how much Marvel likes to play the idea of them up so much when that happens. And the way its presented it seems like its a stand in for something else.

Whoops! I forgot to add: that scene from Red is lovely. I didn't get a chance to read the whole series but I loved the team they chose. She definitely meant something to him. I hope to catch up soon.

Mighty Member

The Giant Size issue was misleading and Im not sure why it was billed as Nightcrawler. It wasnt a Kurt story and if anything, Cypher felt more central to it
    It was a publicity stunt to get sales figure higher, roping in fake Rachel and all.

I feel Hickman should have called it Giant Size New Mutants because it is more related to the upcoming New Mutants movie.

Maybe replacing eye-boy with another New Mutant member would have been more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It was a publicity stunt to get sales figure higher, roping in fake Rachel and all.

I feel Hickman should have called it Giant Size New Mutants because it is more related to the upcoming New Mutants movie.

Maybe replacing eye-boy with another New Mutant member would have been more relevant.
    It only contained one character from that film and the plot had nothing to do with it. This was not intended to be some cross promotional piece