Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Via Bethany W Pope on FB, Andrea Broccardo preview from Empyre 3, one assumes.
    Someone’s allowing Kurt to play with sharp objects again...

957C638C-D321-4AAB-86B2-F1C4D88B158B.jpg

Spectacular Member

As a lifelong fan of our favorite Fuzzy Elf, it's really nice to see such passionate and articulate fans on this thread!

I find myself agreeing with a lot of the sentiments expressed here: namely, how badly they've yo-yoed the character since Aaron brought him back and how he's generally overshadowed.

Some tangents I haven't seen mentioned:

Didn't Dan Slott want him on Mighty Avengers during the Fraction/Utopia era? I would've really loved to see how that panned out.

Also, how does everyone feel about the Aguirre-Sacasa/Robertson series from the mid 2000's? Darick Robertson is a really underrated Nightcrawler artist imo, he had a way of making Kurt's bamfing really kinetic looking. I also loved the idea of Kurt being the resident paranormal investigator of the X crew, even by X-Men standards he's always had a predilection for the strange.

Finally, what kind of setting in the greater MU would you like to see Kurt in?!?!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Anyone know where this is from:

Attachment 96957
    Spider-man/Deadpool #14 from a few years back. Really solid issue and our boy Kurt looks like a million bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    Spider-man/Deadpool #14 from a few years back. Really solid issue and our boy Kurt looks like a million bucks!
    I hope this artist is on a nightcrawler mini series soon

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    As a lifelong fan of our favorite Fuzzy Elf, it's really nice to see such passionate and articulate fans on this thread!

I find myself agreeing with a lot of the sentiments expressed here: namely, how badly they've yo-yoed the character since Aaron brought him back and how he's generally overshadowed.

Some tangents I haven't seen mentioned:

Didn't Dan Slott want him on Mighty Avengers during the Fraction/Utopia era? I would've really loved to see how that panned out.

Also, how does everyone feel about the Aguirre-Sacasa/Robertson series from the mid 2000's? Darick Robertson is a really underrated Nightcrawler artist imo, he had a way of making Kurt's bamfing really kinetic looking. I also loved the idea of Kurt being the resident paranormal investigator of the X crew, even by X-Men standards he's always had a predilection for the strange.

Finally, what kind of setting in the greater MU would you like to see Kurt in?!?!
    This series grew on me, I wasn’t convinced at first but on second reading I enjoyed it more.

I agree that a lot of the writers struggle to find a suitable role for Kurt other than team conscience, which is a bit safe.
    I think he is integral to the X-Men project; someone so physically different that the only other place they could find sanctuary was in a circus. Even after all these years, Kurt has something to say about defining and accepting the ‘other’ in your found family.

It’s weird, when I first ‘met’ him I was 17, he was older than me, I’m 57 in July, I’m well old enough to be his mother!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Favorite team covers with Nightcrawler

Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-17-2020 at 12:56 AM.

And of course, this classic.

Favourite team cover? Still this one, I think, after all these these years, so powerful. And it was just two, ordinary, issues of the comic. Not an ‘EVENT!’ or crossover or anything special. Just an excellent story.

0670A9AC-1BD4-4DFB-8777-7BA066A41E38.jpg

And this one, because it’s so much fun!

82BF682C-63D8-44C1-B764-686338724B18.jpg
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 06-17-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-18-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Favourite team cover? Still this one, I think, after all these these years, so powerful. And it was just two, ordinary, issues of the comic. Not an ‘EVENT!’ or crossover or anything special. Just an excellent story.

0670A9AC-1BD4-4DFB-8777-7BA066A41E38.jpg

And this one, because it’s so much fun!

82BF682C-63D8-44C1-B764-686338724B18.jpg
    The first cover is one of the powerful covers of all time. I remember seeing Days of Future Past as a kid when I bought the back issue. I was so bummed when I saw that Kurt was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The first cover is one of the powerful covers of all time. I remember seeing Days of Future Past as a kid when I bought the back issue. I was so bummed when I saw that Kurt was killed.
    No argument there.
    I was so disappointed with the film (changing the basic premise of who got sent back) but the original story stands the test of time.

Nightcrawler scans from 90's era Excalibur. Scanned from my own collection.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-29-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Awww Kurt got a brick to the head before Cyclops did