Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Things have gotten pretty bad if Kurt has to hobble after Feron to keep him away from Rachel.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Yep, takes a lot to get Kurt pissed, but when you do, boom.
    Though he’s one of those who simmers down just as quickly.

I’d forgotten quite how long Alan kept him in the plaster cast! Good continuity, most of the time in comics, characters get seven bells knocked out of them one issue and are up and running again by the next.

All-New Member

Hello everybody!

I've decided to come out of lurking for a second just to say hi to you all as my first post. Nightcrawler has been my favorite Marvel character ever since I discovered the Xmen( and comics in general) when I was younger.

I love to see other people love and discuss him. I probably lurk this thread(and some DC characters) the most on the site.
    Last edited by KocaKoala; 05-08-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KocaKoala View Post
    Hello everybody!

I've decided to come out of lurking for a second just to say hi to you all as my first post. Nightcrawler has been my favorite Marvel character ever since I discovered the Xmen( and comics in general) when I was younger.

I love to see other people love and discuss him. I probably lurk this thread(and some DC characters) the most on the site.
    Welcome to our happy band. Kurt fans are the best!

C55CD4B5-4283-48EC-9E8F-274C706AEA39.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yep, takes a lot to get Kurt pissed, but when you do, boom.
    Though he’s one of those who simmers down just as quickly.

I’d forgotten quite how long Alan kept him in the plaster cast! Good continuity, most of the time in comics, characters get seven bells knocked out of them one issue and are up and running again by the next.
    Yeah, Kurt was in one for quite a while. I actually miss things like that. It really made it feel like a real world.

Another thing I miss is referencing other stories, that also made it feel more real.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Hello everybody!

I love to see other people love and discuss him. I probably lurk this thread (and some DC characters) the most on the site.
    Hey, nice to see another fan. There are also DC characters that I enjoy as well.

Mighty Member

Alan Davis:

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

He who smiles in the face of danger.

Mighty Member

Battle weathered Wagner, The Pirate, who keeps that Errol Flynn stash who fights with a wink and a grin.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Welcome to our happy band. Kurt fans are the best!

C55CD4B5-4283-48EC-9E8F-274C706AEA39.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Hey, nice to see another fan. There are also DC characters that I enjoy as well.

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

From The Shadows, that is a nice edit. Batman and Nightcrawler would be a interesting pair to see together. Lol, who would blend into the shadows/ the darkness better?

On the topic of interesting meetups, even though I don't like Kurt being associated with demons/being half demon and such, what if Kurt encountered Azazel, Belasco, and Memphisto...all at the same time.

Like they all look like they could be his father( which is the case for Azazel), or at one point tried to get Kurt to join them(I think). And like they are all red, red-ish men associated with demonhood/hell. I don't think that they would be able get along with eachother, lol. It'd be fun to see how Kurt handles that situation.

Do you all have any fun, wacky(or serious) situations you would like to see Kurt in?
    Last edited by KocaKoala; 05-09-2020 at 10:39 PM.

have there ever been any one-shots/issues highlighting Kurt's life before the X-Men? his teen years in particular?

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

From The Shadows, that is a nice edit. Batman and Nightcrawler would be a interesting pair to see together. Lol, who would blend into the shadows/ the darkness better?

On the topic of interesting meetups, even though I don't like Kurt being associated with demons/being half demon and such, what if Kurt encountered Azazel, Belasco, and Memphisto...all at the same time.

Like they all look like they could be his father( which is the case for Azazel), or at one point tried to get Kurt to join them(I think). And like they are all red, red-ish men associated with demonhood/hell. I don't think that they would be able get along with eachother, lol. It'd be fun to see how Kurt handles that situation.

Do you all have any fun, wacky(or serious) situations you would like to see Kurt in?
    Nightwing would also be interesting, there is some fan art teaming the two as well.

I think Mephisto would be intriguing again, Mephisto was interested in Kurt in multiple stories like Earth X, the Nightcrawler Sacasa solo series and that Manifest Destiny one-shot. Sadly the Earth X story, which also involved Belasco, ended up being kind of tragic but he does have a pretty cool ending, I won't spoil it though now that there is a revival in the works. But yeah... the Azazel stuff is not my favorite stuff either to put it lightly but Aaron used him as a means to bring Nightcrawler back and it was fun I think. I've become quite conflicted over that character. Actually, I wouldn't mind if he got some advice from Doctor Strange. I was hoping he would eventually make an appearance in the previous mentioned solo. Too bad it ended so soon. So yeah, even Kurt maybe going up against the three of them could be entertaining. And that would be the more serious of stories I suppose but something I'd like to see on the lighter side would be something similar to his appearance in that Domino one-shot by Gail Simone and his appearance in Deadpool/Spider-man , well that was funny and serious. I would love if he could get a series outside combining all these elements X-Men Universe mixed with greater MU stuff like Marvel UK, Doc Strange, Mephisto, Deadpool, Spider-Man etc. He has versatility... with the mutant themes, supernatural and cosmic stuff as well as the street level stuff and the sword fighting, there is Mystique I suppose too - the list goes on.

l

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    have there ever been any one-shots/issues highlighting Kurt's life before the X-Men? his teen years in particular?
    His actual childhood and teen years were more explored in Excalibur and onward probably because he was a more important character on that team and his personal life was able to be explored more in his later solos as well. I can only recommend Uncanny Origins, Excalibur minus 1 and the Nightcrawler Sacassa series if you want to see anything like that. It focuses on what Amos Jardine did to him as well as what happened with Stefan and his close call with a stake through the heart. And the Excalibur issues with Despayre focuses on a childhood friend of his. The guy has been through a lot. That said, it isn't all sadness and gloom, there are some happy and fun moments as well.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-10-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-11-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

Kitty looks like she's wearing latex shorts under there that wasn't there in the original issues. That's better I think. Kitty trying to be a mentor back to Kurt and taking his role by giving him inspiration to show what she had learned trying to give the authority of a bigger sibling is pretty profound. Though, they look a, uh... bit cozy I admit.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-11-2020 at 09:50 PM.