Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    There wasn't any on panel reunion or conversation between Kurt and Logan after Logan's return. The only time when they shared panel around that time was Kurt in Return of Wolverine where Logan was brainwashed, didn't recognize the X-Men and attacked them. When Logan properly returned the X-Men was already gone in the Age of X-Man au. The next time we saw them together was when they sacrificed themselves in space in House of X.
    Yeah, so their last two appearances together was Logan punching Kurt in the face (at least he retracted the claws!) followed by the. Crowning Moment of Awesome (the nosedive into the sun).
    When all we really want is a quiet moment between them.
    I’m still a little sore that Logan’s last Beer in HoX6 went to Gorgon; it really should have gone to his best buddy.*
    Still, I suppose Ororo/Logan fans have even more reason to be annoyed by their lack of interaction.

*So sore that I corrected it in fanfic.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/20876816

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    There wasn't any on panel reunion or conversation between Kurt and Logan after Logan's return. The only time when they shared panel around that time was Kurt in Return of Wolverine where Logan was brainwashed, didn't recognize the X-Men and attacked them. When Logan properly returned the X-Men was already gone in the Age of X-Man au. The next time we saw them together was when they sacrificed themselves in space in House of X.
    Yeah... ok, thanks. *sigh* They were crying and falling over each other in Nightcrawlers return. I was kind of dissapointed that Kurt was taken out so easily in TRoW. I wanted to see a real fight between the two buds. That alternate cover really made me think it would be something special. Cant believe I fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, so their last two appearances together was Logan punching Kurt in the face (at least he retracted the claws!) followed by the. Crowning Moment of Awesome (the nosedive into the sun).
    When all we really want is a quiet moment between them.
    I’m still a little sore that Logan’s last Beer in HoX6 went to Gorgon; it really should have gone to his best buddy.*
    Still, I suppose Ororo/Logan fans have even more reason to be annoyed by their lack of interaction.

*So sore that I corrected it in fanfic.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/20876816
    Well, that's not a whole lot is it? I loled at you mentioning Kurts punch to the face as best bud time. Par for the course right Kurt? (You know he loves you like no other).

Gorgon? The Inhuman? That's rather odd. Did I miss something while I was away? When you think about it Kurt really was his first real friend in print before they added to his past later on. I actually miss when Logan was seen as relatively friendless except for the X-Men (And when his past was still relatively a mystery).

--

Oh! I've also remembered something else about the panel. I think the person said it wasn't an X-Men comic but an MU comic, like a crossover or mini? It was something you wouldn't think it would be. I want to say hmmm... Logan and the Infinity Watch? Or that avengers/MU event . around the same time? I cant remember the name.

Y'know with Mystiques snide comment towards Kurt on the councel recently and as much as I've grown to hate Mystique over the years with her batshit obsession with Rogue and Wolverine and not even trying to speak to Kurt or show any emotions with him it would be nice if Raven would at least humble herself or feel guilt enough to follow the old rule "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." Kurt's response was kind of cringy (isn't that word really in now? I'm so old)I would
    have liked something more cerebral. If Alan Davis wrote it it would have been. I don't know why newer writers are so obsessed with his religion. You know I don't think Kurt's religion was mentioned once in Excalibur, not the CC/Davis run, the Davis/Davis run or Warren Ellis' entire run either. He did have that one back-up story during the 90s "A Demon goes To Church" but that's it I think. Ok, its not that I want him to give up his faith... I'm fine with it and I know this was not what Hickmen meant but a religious character suggesting people pump out babies doesn't help any. Since I stopped reading after the first couple of issues I'm going to have to tune in here to see how that goes.

Edit: I just did a web search and typed in Nightcrawler and Logan and the Infinity Watch but I got nothing. Must have been a different MU series. Argh!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-09-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Are you 100% certain it was from a comic and not a fan art? I know I've been deceived a time or two, some fan artists are really good... XD I'm really curious about what you saw!

I am patiently-impatiently waiting for Kurt to get back in the game... I liked Hickman's twist on things when it started and I do want to give it more time... But the lack of Kurt is starting to itch at me.

I personally thought Kurt's counter to Mystique was funny, but I'm a bit of an irreverent type, so. :P

The time I enjoyed Nightcrawler as a religious character the most was, ironically, during Matt Fraction's run when Kurt wasn't often doing all that much... but he still managed to build a church, be a comfort to Peter, mourn Kitty, make friends with Emma, etc. It was just tidbits which was frustrating at the time. But in retrospect, he got to do way more during those "tidbits" than he did in some recent books where he was a regular on the team roster. I look back on them fondly. Lol. Here's to hoping for at least some tidbits, and hopefully much more, for our boy in 2020....

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah... ok, thanks. *sigh* They were crying and falling over each other in Nightcrawlers return. I was kind of dissapointed that Kurt was taken out so easily in TRoW. I wanted to see a real fight between the two buds. That alternate cover really made me think it would be something special. Cant believe I fell for it.

Well, that's not a whole lot is it? I loled at you mentioning Kurts punch to the face as best bud time. Par for the course right Kurt? (You know he loves you like no other).

Gorgon? The Inhuman? That's rather odd. Did I miss something while I was away? Yeah, that ticks me off as well. Huh. Kurt really was his first teal friend in print before they added to his past later on. I actually miss when Logan was seen as relatively friendless except for the X-Men (And when his past was still relatively a mystery).

--

Oh! I've also remembered something else about the panel. I think the person said it wasn't an X-Men comic but an MU comic, like a crossover or mini? It was something you wouldn't think it would be. I want to say hmmm... Logan and the Infinity Watch? Or that avengers/MU event . around the same time? I cant remember the name.

Y'know with Mystiques snide comment towards Kurt on the councel recently and as much as I've grown to hate Mystique over the years with her batshit obsession with Rogue and Wolverine and not even trying to speak to Kurt or show any emotions with him it would be nice if Raven would at least humble herself or feel guilt enough to follow the old rule "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." Kurt's response was kind of cringy (isn't that word really in now? I'm so old)I would
    have liked something more cerebral. If Alan Davis wrote it it would have been. I don't know why newer writers are so obsessed with his religion. You know I don't think Kurt's religion was mentioned once in Excalibur, not the CC/Davis run, the Davis/Davis run or Warren Ellis' entire run either. He did have that one back-up story during the 90s "A Demon goes To Church" but that's it I think. Ok, its not that I want him to give up his faith... I'm fine with it and I know this was not what Hickmen meant but a religious character suggesting people pump out babies doesn't help any. Since I stopped reading after the first couple of issues I'm going to have to tune in here to see how that goes.

Edit: I just did a web search and typed in Nightcrawler and Logan and the Infinity Watch but I got nothing. Must have been a different MU series. Argh!
    Not the Inhuman Gorgon, Japanese Gorgon.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tomi_...ne)_(Earth-616)
    I get that handing out the beers was all about building bridges and forgetting old hurts (hence Logan giving one to Scott, Jean to Emma and Logan to Gorgon) but our beer swigging duo have been doing so for forty odd years, it would have been nice to see.

Mystique and Kurt on the Council is becoming a pattern. It’s been most of his appearances, in a couple of different books, and she’s been sniping at him. This feels to me like an editorial dictate and I suspect is leading somewhere. I hope it is.

976BB802-664B-4674-851C-AB3AF2FA0110.jpg
    Fanart by Blythe Fool
    This is what I want to see, short dark and grumpy getting pissed with his lanky German pal.

Pretty thing of the day.
    X-Men 7 Variant cover.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    Are you 100% certain it was from a comic and not a fan art? I know I've been deceived a time or two, some fan artists are really good... XD I'm really curious about what you saw!

I am patiently-impatiently waiting for Kurt to get back in the game... I liked Hickman's twist on things when it started and I do want to give it more time... But the lack of Kurt is starting to itch at me.

I personally thought Kurt's counter to Mystique was funny, but I'm a bit of an irreverent type, so. :P

The time I enjoyed Nightcrawler as a religious character the most was, ironically, during Matt Fraction's run when Kurt wasn't often doing all that much... but he still managed to build a church, be a comfort to Peter, mourn Kitty, make friends with Emma, etc. It was just tidbits which was frustrating at the time. But in retrospect, he got to do way more during those "tidbits" than he did in some recent books where he was a regular on the team roster. I look back on them fondly. Lol. Here's to hoping for at least some tidbits, and hopefully much more, for our boy in 2020....
    I'm pretty sure it was an actual comic that panel that it happened.

And I've reread that Hickman scene with Raven and I like it better now with your interpretation and I agree what little they used of Kurt in that era was top quality and they had a relatively good grasp of the character. As little as they use Kurt compared to others I got the feeling that the X-offices respected him more than the X-Offices of the earlier days. Its just their Kurt was always very smart and and tough as well good fighter, witty and poetic. 100% Kurt! After being shot and stabbed he would just keep getting back up and sometimes managed to squeeze in a scathing remark. I just don't think the X-Offices respected Excalibur or Kurt very much back then, they obviously preferred the mascot role. Heck, they were outright insulted sometimes in the X-Books and when they decided to start to bring Excalibur into the X-Men and vice versa he became weaker and less intelligent especially if the latest 90's X-Treeemely cool bad ass came a knocking. *rollseyes* I can give you a good example: That X-Men Unlimited with Rogue and Graydon Creed. He actually gets beaten up by Graydon Creed. He doesn't even put up a fight, not one hit. He just stands there and lets himself be beat and Rogue has to save him. Well, Lobdell said that it was mandated and he didn't even want to use them and he was actually disappointed with how the story came out. I like Rogue but I would have preferred that she made an appearance in Excalibur to discuss Raven. Anyway, Imagine a human, a new baddie, the one that Raven abandons for being too weak, beats up a seasoned hero like Kurt, a mutant, who just gets finished fighting all these savages - the Warpie mutates and leading a battle against a being of supreme power against someone like Necrom that almost destroyed all of Britain. They must have been impressed with Warren Ellis because he was back to what he was doing under Davis - being awesome or unless there was some change in editorial. I just hope it never gets to such a low point as that X-Men Unlimited story again. I warn you to stay away from it if not for the added awfulness of the waterfall story. Most of the current staff seems to at least look at Excalibur with fondness and am at least glad that this generation of writers enjoyed that book (I just wish their writing was more to my tastes).

Not the Inhuman Gorgon, Japanese Gorgon.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tomi_...ne)_(Earth-616)
    I get that handing out the beers was all about building bridges and forgetting old hurts (hence Logan giving one to Scott, Jean to Emma and Logan to Gorgon) but our beer swigging duo have been doing so for forty odd years, it would have been nice to see.

Mystique and Kurt on the Council is becoming a pattern. It’s been most of his appearances, in a couple of different books, and she’s been sniping at him. This feels to me like an editorial dictate and I suspect is leading somewhere. I hope it is.

976BB802-664B-4674-851C-AB3AF2FA0110.jpg
    Fanart by Blythe Fool
    This is what I want to see, short dark and grumpy getting pissed with his lanky German pal.
    Funnily enough, I read the Wolverine run by Millar and Romita Jr.with him in it back in '04 but I forgot all about this guy. I love Blythe Fools work. That logurt pic is adorable. She hasn't posted here in ages.

Pretty thing of the day.
    X-Men 7 Variant cover.
    Is that Jean??? Well, I can see Kurt doing that to cheer up a friend. I doubt its anything romantic. It's really cute.

EDIT: Oops! Its not Jean. It's Gwen! I thought it was Jean in her 60s mini dress costume without the mask. Well, that's cute too. I never thought I'd see the day of Kurt giving a flower to Gwen Stacey, though.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-11-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Funnily enough, I read the Wolverine run by Millar and Romita Jr.with him in it back in '04 but I forgot all about this guy. I love Blythe Fools work. That logurt pic is adorable. She hasn't posted here in ages.

Is that Jean??? Well, I can see Kurt doing that to cheer up a friend. I doubt its anything romantic. It's really cute.

EDIT: Oops! Its not Jean. It's Gwen! I thought it was Jean in her 60s mini dress costume without the mask. Well, that's cute too. I never thought I'd see the day of Kurt giving a flower to Gwen Stacey, though.
    Blythe Fool’s art is charming.
    As is that cover.
    Of course, Kurt is charming...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I totally forgot that characters threads are closed at the end of the year!

So, answering a petition by Su_ from the old thread: here's the fanart page I was talking about:

And here's the complete "Li'l Kurt" cartoons! The web is still working!

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/lil_kurt_archives.html

Now, is it cute or is it?

PS for Sungila: Thanks for your kind words!
    I thought all these were adorable, but the one about the priest and the taxidermist led to this. I blame you and the Lil’Kurt artist.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/22202884

How has Kurt's involvement been in everything since Hickman took over? I haven't really been able to pay attention but would like to catch up to what he's been up to

Those young Kurt comics are so great! I'm sure I've seen them before. Enjoyed your story too, Su.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    How has Kurt's involvement been in everything since Hickman took over? I haven't really been able to pay attention but would like to catch up to what he's been up to
    He’s not done anything so far, apart from sit on The Quiet Council and get sniped at by his lovely Mother whenever he says anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    Those young Kurt comics are so great! I'm sure I've seen them before. Enjoyed your story too, Su.
    Thank you.
    I’d not seen the cartoons before, but they were adorable.

He’s not done anything so far, apart from sit on The Quiet Council and get sniped at by his lovely Mother whenever he says anything.
    Less for me to read then! Bummer

BANNED

Finally!!!

Thanks, Vishop, made my day. I bet Alan agreed to this so fast he got whiplash.

My boyfriend sent me the news and my instant reply was "Hallelujah"